Rest in peace Doleman

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Rest in peace Doleman

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I just saw that Doleman passed away from a brain tumor, Doleman was one of the greatest Vikings ever and he was such a pleasure to watch him play, rest in peace Doleman!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Rest in peace Doleman

Post by Mothman »

I just saw this news too.

Doleman was one of the great pass rushers in NFL history, incredibly quick off the edge, a truly memorable player.

The Star Tribune has an article about his passing:

http://www.startribune.com/former-vikin ... 567382652/

“The Minnesota Vikings express our deepest sympathies to Chris Doleman’s family and friends upon his passing,’’ the team said in a statement. ‘‘Chris was a great example for players past and present, as he embodied all the best characteristics of a Viking - resilience, toughness and a competitive spirit. Chris always carried himself with dignity and class. Vikings fans worldwide will greatly miss him.”

R.I.P.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Man, some sad news in the sports world as of late. RIP Chris Doleman
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

This is sad news. Doleman was one of the first players i was a "fan" of when i was young. He wasn't around (with the Vikings) when i really started to understand the game, but i did have a bunch of his cards :- D.
Formerly AADPFan
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The sad thing is that his passing will be completely overshadowed by the death of Kobe Bryant. But not with us Vikings fans.

Doleman was one of the true great pass rushers this game has ever seen, and we were fortunate to have him.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CanUDiggsIt?
Rookie

Post by CanUDiggsIt? »

RIP Mr. Doleman! He was a true Viking LEGEND and will truly be missed. I am grateful that he is no longer suffering from his terrible cancer, and will remember him being a stand out person off the field and on the field :( :v):
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Never had the opportunity to watch him play but he must have been a neck of a pass rusher based on his stats. From what I've read and watched he seemed like a great person as well. May be rest in peace and his family be comforted by God during this difficult time.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
OregonVike
Waterboy

Post by OregonVike »

Chris Doleman was a dude off the edge & a great person from what I've heard, i remember 2 big sacks in that "Anthony Carter" SF playoff game. 96.5 sacks as a Viking, 150.5 overall. I'd like to see Bradbury to change his # and have the Vikes retire #56 forever.