Should the Vikings Trade for Joe Burrow?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Should the Vikings Trade for Joe Burrow?

Post by Purplepain2018 »

Will this ever happen? Probably not
Should it happen? Absolutely
QB
After watching QB Joe Burrow most of the year, this kid has everything that an NFL team would want. He has the arm, he is mobile, he can get himself out of trouble and he is a very smart player. The LSU Tigers went 15-0 this year and won the National Title. I know it would take a lot for the Vikings to move from #25 in the draft all the way up to #1. It would probably take at least 2 if not 3 #1 picks and maybe even some players such as Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen and Riley Rieff.

Burrow would solve the Vikings quarterback problem for the next 10 to 15 years. If Burrow continues to play as he did his senior season at LSU, the Vikings would be perennial division and Super Bowl favorites. Cousins is not the long term answer for the Vikings at the quarterback position. Burrow is everything that Cousins is not. Cousins has one more year left on his contract and then the Vikings have to make a decision to either extend Cousins or release him and the Vikings would be in the market for a QB anyway. A quarterback like Joe Burrow does not come around that often and there is no way of knowing who would be in the draft next year. The quarterback position is the most important position in pro sports, so why not try and go get the best?

What do you think?
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: BREAKING NEWS: VIKINGS SHOULD TRADE FOR JOE BURROW

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

As much of a tight #### as Mike Brown is if Ziggy and Slick Rick catch him in the right mood we may get him for a tank of gas and a pack of gum.
Seriously no I don't see it happening. Sorry to bum you out but #8 will be our QB.
I really have tried to stay positive on Cousins, but as he was described in another post as Jekykl and Hyde, I have come to see the honesty in that comparison. One week he let's it rip and just balls out.. i.e. New Orleans.. and I take a big slug of the Kool Aid and think finally, that's our guy and I'm ready for some magic. Then turn around the very next week when he should be flying high and confident as hell.. and goes back to the guy who looks scared and tentative, can't see open receivers downfield, starts checking down and even under and overthrows easy checkdowns.
I tried my best to believe in him and give him the benefit of the doubt. And I know many times it was because of poor.. very poor O line play. But damnit I also watched lately many times where he had plenty of time to throw ot or get rid of the ball and he either missed or turtled up
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Oops hit send to quick. Anyhow I am now in that lost confidence camp. It sucks. But that is where my flag is staked now. Depressing as hell.
Someday I dream of a true Franchise QB for this team
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purplepain2018 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 pm Will this ever happen? Probably not
Should it happen? Absolutely
QB
After watching QB Joe Burrow most of the year, this kid has everything that an NFL team would want. He has the arm, he is mobile, he can get himself out of trouble and he is a very smart player. The LSU Tigers went 15-0 this year and won the National Title. I know it would take a lot for the Vikings to move from #25 in the draft all the way up to #1. It would probably take at least 2 if not 3 #1 picks and maybe even some players such as Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen and Riley Rieff.

Burrow would solve the Vikings quarterback problem for the next 10 to 15 years. If Burrow continues to play as he did his senior season at LSU, the Vikings would be perennial division and Super Bowl favorites. Cousins is not the long term answer for the Vikings at the quarterback position. Burrow is everything that Cousins is not. Cousins has one more year left on his contract and then the Vikings have to make a decision to either extend Cousins or release him and the Vikings would be in the market for a QB anyway. A quarterback like Joe Burrow does not come around that often and there is no way of knowing who would be in the draft next year. The quarterback position is the most important position in pro sports, so why not try and go get the best?

What do you think?
What does "breaking news" mean?

This isn't news.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purplepain2018
Backup

Post by Purplepain2018 »

Hey, it got you to read the post!!!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Would never happen. He is a great looking prospect though. Why not just set up a lab to clone Peyton Manning a dozen times while we're at it?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purplepain2018 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:06 pm Hey, it got you to read the post!!!
That's the point, man. Don't misrepresent your posts. That's not what we do here.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings would have to give up the farm to trade up to #1 and how will Vikings fill other needs if Vikings give up the farm? Stick with Cousins and fix the offensive line and other needs with our current draft picks
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Please don't title a post "Breaking News" if it doesn't contain actual breaking news. It's misleading.

Please don't title posts in all caps.

Please don't create a new thread every time you post. Sometimes, there are existing discussions about the same subject(s) to which you could simply contribute.

Thank you.

This thread has been re-titled because of the first two points above.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Should the Vikings Trade for Joe Burrow?

Post by fiestavike »

If 3 firsts would get us up to the top of the draft to get our QB, I'm in.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Trade for the #1 pick? Only if they fleeced the Bengals.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 pm Trade for the #1 pick? Only if they fleeced the Bengals.
I wish but it is impossible
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

There is one current player who has first-round value and then some.

Stefon Diggs.

Diggs was involved in trade rumors with a couple of different teams, and he's been rumored to be worth at least a first and another lower-round pick. Obviously he's not enough by himself to garner the No. 1 pick, but package him with our pick at 25 and our second rounder at 57, and you're getting in the ballpark.

Here's why. Let's say Diggs is worth a mid-first-round pick and a mid-second. Rumors were that the Jets were considering such an offer back in October, when Diggs was ripping on Cousins and seemed unhappy. That's about 1,420 points on Jimmy Johnson's famous draft value chart. The 25 is worth 720 and the 57 is worth 330. Add it up, and that puts you at more than 2,500 points.

The No. 1 overall pick is worth 3,000. So packaging Diggs with the 25 and the 57 isn't that far off. Whether Cincinnati would bite on such a deal is certainly up for debate, but if the Vikings are truly exploring all options, it's something to consider.

How much do they want Joe Burrow? I doubt we'll find out.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 pm There is one current player who has first-round value and then some.

Stefon Diggs.

Diggs was involved in trade rumors with a couple of different teams, and he's been rumored to be worth at least a first and another lower-round pick. Obviously he's not enough by himself to garner the No. 1 pick, but package him with our pick at 25 and our second rounder at 57, and you're getting in the ballpark.

Here's why. Let's say Diggs is worth a mid-first-round pick and a mid-second. Rumors were that the Jets were considering such an offer back in October, when Diggs was ripping on Cousins and seemed unhappy. That's about 1,420 points on Jimmy Johnson's famous draft value chart. The 25 is worth 720 and the 57 is worth 330. Add it up, and that puts you at more than 2,500 points.

The No. 1 overall pick is worth 3,000. So packaging Diggs with the 25 and the 57 isn't that far off. Whether Cincinnati would bite on such a deal is certainly up for debate, but if the Vikings are truly exploring all options, it's something to consider.

How much do they want Joe Burrow? I doubt we'll find out.
Trading Diggs would be idiotic, if Vikings trade Diggs, Vikings would only have 1 good receiver on the roster and Vikings do not have a good reliable 3rd receiver, of course, Vikings could draft to replace Diggs and a 3rd receiver but they would be a crapshoot, do you want to be stuck with just Theilen and 2 unknowns next year?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Is there such thing as a less than 0% chance? Because that’s what we have making that deal. We’d have to give up so much we might as well swap teams entirely with the bengals. Towel boys included
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri