A trip down memory lane

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

A trip down memory lane

Post by VikingPaul73 »

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nfl/minnesota-vikings

59 years of futility!! :v):

My memory of playoffs starts in early 80s. I barely/vaguely remember loss to Eagles and remember very well the win against falcons followed by loss to the Redskins. I liked Ted Brown Tommy Kramer and Matt Blair a lot
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: A trip down memory lane

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:00 pm
https://champsorchumps.us/team/nfl/minnesota-vikings

59 years of futility!! :v):

My memory of playoffs starts in early 80s. I barely/vaguely remember loss to Eagles and remember very well the win against falcons followed by loss to the Redskins. I liked Ted Brown Tommy Kramer and Matt Blair a lot
Man I could sit here and rattle off the names and numbers of so many great players over the years since I was a kid. Whenever I hear Matt Blair I think of 59 coming in amd blocking punts and FGs. So great at it. Even makes me laugh thinking of watching 49 go through the hole blocking for 44 Chuck Forrman. Then later seeing 49 as he got ready to go out and do his job in his uniform after hearing "Remember people, let's be careful out there".. on Hill Street Blues... Ed Marinaro. Then remember Brent McClanahan 33 blocking and running. 83 TE Stu Voight. Fun to remember all those old guys. Could do this all day. Memories
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings won a NFL championship in 1969 so they need to fix that in the link
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

As a kid I thought ahmad rashod was the best wr ever was cool wearing no.28
Matt Blair was a stud always around the ball
I always liked tommy Kramer without all the injuries and issues he could have been a good one
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Raz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 pm As a kid I thought ahmad rashod was the best wr ever was cool wearing no.28
I always liked tommy Kramer without all the injuries and issues he could have been a good one
I loved John Gilliam, then later absolutely loved Sammy White.
I could being up guys all night man.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Raz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 pm As a kid I thought ahmad rashod was the best wr ever was cool wearing no.28
I loved John Gilliam, then later absolutely loved Sammy White.
I could being up guys all night man.
A memory of Sammy White...

I played a board/card game called APBA Football back in the 70's. The game allowed you to run two "trick" plays per game (1 per half) Whenever I would run an end round with Sammy, it would almost always go for a TD. After a while, the other guys made it illegal for me to use it.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

My first memory as a Vikings fan was the Hail Mary from Kramer to Rashad!!!! Against the Browns in the old Met to clinch the division. I believe that is the year they lost to Ron Jaworski and the Eagles, but not 100% sure. And I think Eagles went on to lose to Plunket and the Raiders in the superbowl??
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:46 pm
My first memory as a Vikings fan was the Hail Mary from Kramer to Rashad!!!! Against the Browns in the old Met to clinch the division. I believe that is the year they lost to Ron Jaworski and the Eagles, but not 100% sure. And I think Eagles went on to lose to Plunket and the Raiders in the superbowl??
That was cool got them to 9 wins.

Worst has to be the les Seckel year that was just brutal
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Was Rashad married to the woman on the Cosby show? I hate the Cosby show but I thought that was cool
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:13 pm Was Rashad married to the woman on the Cosby show? I hate the Cosby show but I thought that was cool
Yes I think so
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Raz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:13 pm Was Rashad married to the woman on the Cosby show? I hate the Cosby show but I thought that was cool
Yes I think so
I thought so
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:26 am
Raz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Yes I think so
I thought so
Yes he was married to her. Phylicia Rashad. But it's been confirmed that it was really just a ruse wedding. Totally fake for the news media to throw them off. It was confirmed then and still now all these years later that Ahmad was really totally in love with, and was a common law husband with Michael Jordan
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:26 am

I thought so
Yes he was married to her. Phylicia Rashad. But it's been confirmed that it was really just a ruse wedding. Totally fake for the news media to throw them off. It was confirmed then and still now all these years later that Ahmad was really totally in love with, and was a common law husband with Michael Jordan
So it was an Aaron Rodgers type deal?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

fiestavike wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:16 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 am

So it was an Aaron Rodgers type deal?
Yes exactly... See I am with a women!!! Hey Danica do u have my eyeliner