2019 season on this Board

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark
Starter

2019 season on this Board

Post by Tark »

:v): This has been my first year as a regular poster on this board and I have to say I haven’t ever corresponded with a more knowledgeable group of fans. I’ve learned a lot about football and our Vikings from most of you, thank you. I could live without the snide, snarky, rude comments and the name calling but that only applies to a small minority of members (you know who you are). Who’s everyone rooting for now? I’d like to see Seattle upset the slackers then go to SF and kick Bosa’s a##. AFC I love an underdog and would like to see Tennessee or Houston go. Again, thanks for putting up with me and have a safe and productive off season. Peace and skol, baby.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2019 season on this Board

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Tark wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:49 pm :v): This has been my first year as a regular poster on this board and I have to say I haven’t ever corresponded with a more knowledgeable group of fans. I’ve learned a lot about football and our Vikings from most of you, thank you. I could live without the snide, snarky, rude comments and the name calling but that only applies to a small minority of members (you know who you are). Who’s everyone rooting for now? I’d like to see Seattle upset the slackers then go to SF and kick Bosa’s a##. AFC I love an underdog and would like to see Tennessee or Houston go. Again, thanks for putting up with me and have a safe and productive off season. Peace and skol, baby.
Great talking with you and having more people join the board! I'm loving the Titans right now. They have the kind of smart team that's easy for me to pull for.

I think the Chiefs and 49ers will be the Super Bowl matchup though with the 49ers winning it all.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:58 pm
Tark wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:49 pm :v): This has been my first year as a regular poster on this board and I have to say I haven’t ever corresponded with a more knowledgeable group of fans. I’ve learned a lot about football and our Vikings from most of you, thank you. I could live without the snide, snarky, rude comments and the name calling but that only applies to a small minority of members (you know who you are). Who’s everyone rooting for now? I’d like to see Seattle upset the slackers then go to SF and kick Bosa’s a##. AFC I love an underdog and would like to see Tennessee or Houston go. Again, thanks for putting up with me and have a safe and productive off season. Peace and skol, baby.
Great talking with you and having more people join the board! I'm loving the Titans right now. They have the kind of smart team that's easy for me to pull for.

I think the Chiefs and 49ers will be the Super Bowl matchup though with the 49ers winning it all.
First, anyone but the Packers, then Titans, then 9ers, then Chiefs.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The Chiefs.

Mahomes is so exciting to watch and I believe Andy Reid has never won the SB, which seems like a Vikings-level tragedy.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

For me personally I want it to be either the Titans or Niners to win it. The thought of the Pukers winning makes me absolutely wanna puke and punch my heavy bag like it's Erin's face till my hands break. If it wasn't for a very personal reason I wouldn't mind the Chiefs winning it. But I have a reason why I just don't want it to happen.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

This is my first season on the board also. I posted forever on a site called Purple Thoughts which was also good but switched to a new format 24/7 and basically went to crap. What's impressive on this site is people have knowledge. They will also come back and say I agree or disagree and here's why. That's a good thing IMO. I can get pointed and some will come back and post things like what are you a robot. Which is ok. I have my thoughts and at this point in my life they won't change much. Although I will say some have opened my eyes which is a good thing. It's an enjoyable group of people to post with. Regardless if they agree with me or not.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

CharVike wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:42 am This is my first season on the board also. I posted forever on a site called Purple Thoughts which was also good but switched to a new format 24/7 and basically went to crap. What's impressive on this site is people have knowledge. They will also come back and say I agree or disagree and here's why. That's a good thing IMO. I can get pointed and some will come back and post things like what are you a robot. Which is ok. I have my thoughts and at this point in my life they won't change much. Although I will say some have opened my eyes which is a good thing. It's an enjoyable group of people to post with. Regardless if they agree with me or not.
It is a great site. It is great to be able to have opposing views sometimes and be able to explain our thoughts, and most of the time agree to disagree. Sometimes the other person's point can also force us to see it in a different way and maybe change our own view a little. I also am impressed at the knowledge about the game so many members here have.
It's also great to be able to share with others, like myself, who have been at this rollercoaster of being a Vikes fan for 30, 40 or for some of us 50+ years. Nice to be able to know that myself and my Dad aren't suffering alone.
Unfortunately sometimes you will get a few who will really start to get an unhealthy friction going that seems to start to go over the top, but hey that happens in all walks of life when human interaction is involved. Sometimes it gets a bit challenging to see, but i will also admit sometimes it gets comical.
Anyhow it is alot if fun and informative. I just can't wait for the year that it all ends up with us all going absolutely NUTS on here because we FINALLY won the Lombardi trophy
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I'm hope for 49ers vs. Chiefs, but I think the Chiefs are going to run away with it unless Vrabel has another magic game plan.

Honestly, this week's games seem less exciting than last week. I want to see GB get manhandled again. Drawing an injury depleted Seahawks team was just so typical of the Packers. Will be nice to watch the 49ers hammer them.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

I agree, this board is great. Even though I don’t post frequently, I do read frequently and I really value everyone’s contributions. I remember this board was extremely active before it was shut down briefly during Peterson’s issue with his son. If I remember right, Jim was even quoted in the paper during that time. After the shut down it seemed that membership and posting volume went way down. But I continued to read because those who continued to post did so with knowledge and quality. It seems volume is picking back up and I am excited about that too. Happy to be with a great Skol brethren :v):
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple Domination wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 pm I agree, this board is great. Even though I don’t post frequently, I do read frequently and I really value everyone’s contributions. I remember this board was extremely active before it was shut down briefly during Peterson’s issue with his son. If I remember right, Jim was even quoted in the paper during that time. After the shut down it seemed that membership and posting volume went way down. But I continued to read because those who continued to post did so with knowledge and quality. It seems volume is picking back up and I am excited about that too. Happy to be with a great Skol brethren :v):
Yeah it did seem like it went down a little after it was shut down but I love it on here. Been a member for going on 8 years now. I initially started out at footballs future forum and got sick of that one. Decided to join this one in 2012 and never looked back. I enjoy coming on here and talking with you guys. I hope you guys continue to stick around for the long haul
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

[url[/url]
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 pm
Purple Domination wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 pm I agree, this board is great. Even though I don’t post frequently, I do read frequently and I really value everyone’s contributions. I remember this board was extremely active before it was shut down briefly during Peterson’s issue with his son. If I remember right, Jim was even quoted in the paper during that time. After the shut down it seemed that membership and posting volume went way down. But I continued to read because those who continued to post did so with knowledge and quality. It seems volume is picking back up and I am excited about that too. Happy to be with a great Skol brethren :v):
Yeah it did seem like it went down a little after it was shut down but I love it on here. Been a member for going on 8 years now. I initially started out at footballs future forum and got sick of that one. Decided to join this one in 2012 and never looked back. I enjoy coming on here and talking with you guys. I hope you guys continue to stick around for the long haul
I too have really enjoyed being a first year poster. I was formerly the negotiator until I had real tech issues with my computer going down. Thus the name change. It’s really a great group of knowledgeable fans with sometimes differing views, but that’s ok.
The vast majority can sometimes differ but at the end of the day everyone supports the Vikings and want the same goal. I thought after all the years I’ve watched football, I was an expert. But I learned a lot from being objective and trying to see it from the other persons point of view. The hard thing for me initially was not to take things personally. I have followed Kirk for 11 years now. Knowing his strengths and weaknesses and seeing all his games either on tv or in person has given me a strong allegiance to him. I’ve heard him speak several times, met him and know what a high character guy he is and how much he gives back. I realize that regardless of my feelings for him, this is about wins and losses. All the other team shortcomings can get overlooked sometimes. It’s like Kirk has always said “the QB always gets too much credit for the wins and too much blame for the losses.” Anyway, you guys are a great passionate group and I’ve never been so invested in a team like I am with the Vikings. Thanks for adding so much enjoyment for me personally. I’ll continue to follow but just wanted to wish everyone a great off season.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 pm
The knowledge on this site is dam good. Some of us have been fans a long time so we have all rode this thing for a good portion of our lives. I used to get POed big time after a loss. That has changed. It's not a life changing deal it's entertainment. What I hate is this Packer team having back to back HOF QBs. That's a huge advantage and I doubt that has ever happened. Even if the team isn't the best you still have a shot. Farve showed us all that.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Honestly, this board took a real down turn a while ago...A lot of the best contributors went elsewhere as we descended into bickering and the board took on a tone that was needlessly contentious and unpleasant. The nice thing is that its a small group and comments don't tend to simply disappear in the torrent of posts, which makes conversation here possible, and it is sometimes pretty enjoyable as a result. Wish it could get back to how it used to be.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins