49ers Post Game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

49ers Post Game

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I blame the offensive line. The 49ers are loaded on their defensive line and we couldn't run the ball at all. Then once they were one dimensional they couldn't pass block.

Defensively they got gashed on the ground. There are a lot of personnel changes coming in the secondary and I don't expect Griffen or Rhodes back.

Hopefully they can have a great draft and come back stronger next year. Look forward to off-season discussion. Good season beating the Saints was fun.

Skol :smilevike:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 49ers Post Game

Post by fiestavike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:28 pm I blame the offensive line. The 49ers are loaded on their defensive line and we couldn't run the ball at all. Then once they were one dimensional they couldn't pass block.

Defensively they got gashed on the ground. There are a lot of personnel changes coming in the secondary and I don't expect Griffen or Rhodes back.

Hopefully they can have a great draft and come back stronger next year. Look forward to off-season discussion. Good season beating the Saints was fun.

Skol :smilevike:
:thumbsup:

I accidentally just posted in the wrong thread, but I really thought the offensive line showed itself to be soft in this game by not taking Nick Bosa out of the game after his cheap shot on O'Neil. You at least have to stand the guy up and chop his knees one good time to send a message. Pretty pathetic level of competition they brought to this game.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

It was a good season, at least Vikings knocked the Saints out! I am proud of the team! I am looking forward to the draft!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I just hate this part of the year.

No more Vikings football, and it's too cold for golf.

Really wish I was a bear so I could just hibernate for the next three months and wake up for my next tee time.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Poor OL play has been a problem for the Vikings for far too long and not unpredictably, it hurt them again today. It doesn't help that the coaching staff seemed almost completely unprepared for the possibility that SF would be ready to stop Cook.

Zimmer's run defenses have been far too soft over the years. They have their share of good games and rack up pretty good season stats but it's been clear for years now that a determined team with a good running game can put 150+ on them if they stick with it, especially if they can stuff the Vikes running game.

It was an interesting season and last week's win was a pleasant surprise but the Vikes were outcoached and outplayed in a big game again today and it's hard to get excited about the possibility that next year will be significantly different. We'll likely be looking at the same GM, coaching staff, QB and a similar set of problems.

Go. Vikes.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

2020: 27-10 loss to SF.
2019: 24-10 loss to Bears.
2018: 38-7 loss to Eagles

Zimmer isn’t going anywhere. Stefanski probably won’t after that performance either. See everyone next year for our 8-8 season.
WiscoVike
Waterboy

Post by WiscoVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:37 pm I just hate this part of the year.

No more Vikings football, and it's too cold for golf.

Really wish I was a bear so I could just hibernate for the next three months and wake up for my next tee time.
I hate this time of year too. It's a different type of seasonal depression. 😞 It doesn't help that I'm a lifelong Vikings fan living in Cheesehead Country the past 6+ years. I'm sure I'll hear about this game tomorrow, especially if the Packers win.😑
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:44 pm 2020: 27-10 loss to SF.

Zimmer isn’t going anywhere. Stefanski probably won’t after that performance either. See everyone next year for our 8-8 season.
Another 8 win season would be right on schedule and continue a pattern...
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Not if Stefanski is hired by Browns tomorrow but if he is, I would like to see Shurmur back to replace him
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Mothman wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Sad but true with this coaching staff, OL and QB.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The team needs an attitude adjustment. They just aren't mean enough or tough enough to take on a bully.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

Mothman wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:39 pm Poor OL play has been a problem for the Vikings for far too long and not unpredictably, it hurt them again today. It doesn't help that the coaching staff seemed almost completely unprepared for the possibility that SF would be ready to stop Cook.

Zimmer's run defenses have been far too soft over the years. They have their share of good games and rack up pretty good season stats but it's been clear for years now that a determined team with a good running game can put 150+ on them if they stick with it, especially if they can stuff the Vikes running game.

It was an interesting season and last week's win was a pleasant surprise but the Vikes were outcoached and outplayed in a big game again today and it's hard to get excited about the possibility that next year will be significantly different. We'll likely be looking at the same GM, coaching staff, QB and a similar set of problems.

Go. Vikes.
That summed it up pretty well Jim. We were just outplayed and out coached. They lit up our offensive line, which was my main concern. We need a lot of help to shore up that offensive line. Still not sure of Stefanski, but hard to lay the blame on him today. Amazing how fast Lynch turned the 9ers around. Kyle Shanahan is the best OC in the league along with Andy Reid. We were never in this game. Well, it was a fun season with the win over the saints but our weaknesses were really exposed today and showcased in dominating fashion for everyone to see
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Mothman wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Looking at the cap situation, we probably are an 8 win team next year.
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

fiestavike wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm The team needs an attitude adjustment. They just aren't mean enough or tough enough to take on a bully.
We just aren’t as good as the 9ers. They have more talent and dominated us, period.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The negotiator wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:56 pm
fiestavike wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm The team needs an attitude adjustment. They just aren't mean enough or tough enough to take on a bully.
We just aren’t as good as the 9ers. They have more talent and dominated us, period.
And the Vikings responded softly. If you are willing to take that beating without exacting any cost, you are a soft football team.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins