Stefanski Interviewing

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Stefanski Interviewing

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:28 pm I have a feeling that after tomorrow, or even late tomorrow, you will be hearing that Josh McDaniels will be the next HC of the Browns.

I am not convinced on that, Browns are very impressed with 49ers defensive coordinator Saleh after his interview so I think Saleh will be Browns new head coach
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

If Cleveland hires Stefanski, I do hope they wait until Sunday to announce it, we don't need any more distractions right before we play Saturday.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Husker Vike wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:01 am If Cleveland hires Stefanski, I do hope they wait until Sunday to announce it, we don't need any more distractions right before we play Saturday.
Browns said they are going to announce the new head coach on Saturday so it is not going to happen
Simmion
Waterboy

Post by Simmion »

First OC we haven't heard Zim bad mouth about running the ball more. Hope we keep him. But to echo those. Browns job is just jumping off the cliff of future potential HC jobs.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Welcome to the board.
Simmion wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:05 am First OC we haven't heard Zim bad mouth about running the ball more. Hope we keep him. But to echo those. Browns job is just jumping off the cliff of future potential HC jobs.
It certainly has been that way for a while. Whoever gets hired there, I really hope they can turn it around. I feel for the Browns fans. As Vikings fans, we are tortured by never quite having enough to get us a SB win, but we have a long history of success at least. I guess I would rather have that than feel like you never have a shot at all. Of course, I might trade 20 years of futility for a SB win this year :)
Damian
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

Browns Announce Finalists:
Kevin Stefanski
Josh McDaniels
Brian Daboll
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:42 pm Browns Announce Finalists:
Kevin Stefanski
Josh McDaniels
Brian Daboll
Normally, I would say McDaniels is probably the front-runner, but the fact that Stef is in the running 2 straight years might actually give him the odds. I would be surprised if it wasn't one of those 2 though.
Damian
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Thanks for throwing in the distraction the day before the game Jimmy and ur morons.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:30 pm Thanks for throwing in the distraction the day before the game Jimmy and ur morons.
Agreed, what a #### move.
Damian
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:30 pm Thanks for throwing in the distraction the day before the game Jimmy and ur morons.
I do not know why you are blaming them, blame the NFL for not putting a policy that teams can not interview until they are out of the playoffs
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:08 pm
I do not know why you are blaming them, blame the NFL for not putting a policy that teams can not interview until they are out of the playoffs
Go back to my previous post where I wholeheartedly agreed with Peter King , and explained his observance on these situations of interviewing coaches and coordinators still in the hunt, and you will see I do blame the NFL. I was stating that they have been interviewing for days now, and then throw out the finalist names, and saying they expect to make the decision to announce the hire the day that one of the candidates, who just happens to be our coordinator, on the day that his total concentration should be on calling the very important game we are playing in.
Scroll back up and read my 2 post from a few days ago. I agree with King. No coaching interviews should be able to start until the day after the SB. As stated, it isnt fair to the coaches or coordinators that are still in the playoffs, and definitely not fair to their teams. So that's why I showed disdain for the Browns and Jimmy for making that announcement. That's my opinion, and many others. I've heard it mentioned by not only Peter King. It is a situation I believe the league needs to address.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:28 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Go back to my previous post where I wholeheartedly agreed with Peter King , and explained his observance on these situations of interviewing coaches and coordinators still in the hunt, and you will see I do blame the NFL. I was stating that they have been interviewing for days now, and then throw out the finalist names, and saying they expect to make the decision to announce the hire the day that one of the candidates, who just happens to be our coordinator, on the day that his total concentration should be on calling the very important game we are playing in.
Scroll back up and read my 2 post from a few days ago. I agree with King. No coaching interviews should be able to start until the day after the SB. As stated, it isnt fair to the coaches or coordinators that are still in the playoffs, and definitely not fair to their teams. So that's why I showed disdain for the Browns and Jimmy for making that announcement. That's my opinion, and many others. I've heard it mentioned by not only Peter King. It is a situation I believe the league needs to address.
I agree, and will add: just because the NFL doesn't prohibit teams from doing this doesn't mean the Browns need to plan it this way. They could have very easily just made the announcement on a different day. It's a pretty crappy thing to schedule it today, IMO. Anyway, whatever. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
Damian
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Browns have decided to keep quiet through divisional games today out of respect, thank you Browns :thumbsup:
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:04 pm Browns have decided to keep quiet through divisional games today out of respect, thank you Browns :thumbsup:
Rappaport reported today that the Browns are planning on delaying the process until after today's games, presumably to see the performance of Stefanski and the Niners D Coordinator Saleh. So that can be seen in 2 ways.
1. Cool of you Browns to wait through the divisional games. Or
2. Thanks alot Browns. Way to add pressure on these 2 guys, because not only are they trying to help their teams win, the also know that they are on the top 3 list for a HC position, so will that affect the way the strategize today to try and further impress.
I don't know man. My daughters fiancee is a huge Browns fan, and he and I both talked this morning and felt the same way.
They are the only team left with a vacancy, so they really have no competition for these guys. They were able to interview several candidates who are done for the season. So why did they have to be in such a hurry to make it known that Stef and Saleh are part of their top 3 right before the game. And now after interviewing MacDaniels and his wife for hours yesterday they have to announce they are waiting.
Personally last night I was hoping they would have announced that they were hiring Bill Jr and have it done with.
I guess I just hope that in gets on Saleh's head more than Stefs today and causes him to fall victim to the jitters :lol:
Not a big Browns front office fan. And neither is my future son in law
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:13 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:04 pm Browns have decided to keep quiet through divisional games today out of respect, thank you Browns :thumbsup:
Rappaport reported today that the Browns are planning on delaying the process until after today's games, presumably to see the performance of Stefanski and the Niners D Coordinator Saleh.
I do not believe Rapport so if Vikings get blown out, Browns says “Stefanski sucks, Saleh is better, let’s hire him” It is ridiculous