Broncos Post Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Broncos Post Game Thread

Post by S197 »

Interesting article on halftime adjustments:

http://www.startribune.com/hurry-up-off ... 565072072/
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

It's hard enough being a life long Vikings fan, I sure have been disappointed in this board as it seems all some people want to do is argue. Cousins played his #### off today and people are bashing him?, sure I have been critical of him at times but in these last two games I have been impressed with his play.Many aspects of this team's play need evaluated and fixed, but the play of Cousins is about the least of my worries right now. Don't care what the rest of you do, but I'm going to enjoy this win just as much as last weeks and trust that our coaching staff will be able to figure out what needs changed before we head to Seattle.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Whats funny is that I went back to find the anti- Cousins post. No one bashed Cousins. People come in with their own agendas. I thought I saw one post questioning the play calling but no one came in to this thread with #### on Cousins. Yet, we have about 8 posts accusing people of doing just that.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

S197 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 pm Interesting article on halftime adjustments:

That's a heck of an article. This game was tough on us fans. I've been watching for a long time and I didn't expect this type of comeback. It's hard to accept the fact that we all seem to be elated and also bewildered I guess. Maybe part of it is the pain that some of us long time fans have witnessed first hand. That's tough to shake. But I was hoping for a little easier battle but I'm sure glad they pulled it out. And I'm glad Cousins played great in the second half. I'm mean great. Maybe this will continue. If it does we will be hard to beat as today showed. But that half time adjust was what did it. I know I called our OC an idiot. But that wasn't the case at half time. He changed the tempo. Good for him and a great job. Plus our team is banged up big time.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Anybody catch the Michael Scott reference (The Office) during Cousins presser?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

What a great win! With every Denver throw into the end zone at the end of the game, my heart stopped. It was nice to overcome the slow start, fumbles, muffs, and mental mistakes to come away with the win. I was happy to see the offensive mentality when they came out in the second half...going for it on 4th down on the first two drives to keep the drives going, both resulting in TD's. Hopefully some rest, and some needed fixes over the bye week and the Vikings will come out ready to make their run.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:20 pm
Sure you can. Just put one word in front of the other. It's not that hard.

Diggs 5-for-121 and a touch. Not great?
Cousins 133.2 passer rating, 323 yards and 3 TDs. Not great?
Maybe even ... Andrew Sendejo? 7 tackles and a pick. Pretty decent, at least? And hey, he didn't injure any teammates.

Let me ask you something. If this were the Super Bowl and we'd just come from 20 down to win it, would you still say that?

My god, enjoy the damn win.
This wasn't the Super Bowl. They had a joke QB that should have been shut down. If our D plays like this against QB you can forget the Super Bowl. That's what people are talking about and there's nothing wrong with that. This Denver team isn't very good. Regardless of 4th quarter stuff. To me they won the game but I also feel they better look at this D.
You are THE most inconsistent poster in the history of VMB.

Just last week, you said Dak's performance wasn't good because they lost.

This week, we win, and you blast the team.

Good god, man. I've never seen anybody so all over the map.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:15 pm
S197 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 pm Interesting article on halftime adjustments:

That's a heck of an article. This game was tough on us fans. I've been watching for a long time and I didn't expect this type of comeback. It's hard to accept the fact that we all seem to be elated and also bewildered I guess. Maybe part of it is the pain that some of us long time fans have witnessed first hand. That's tough to shake. But I was hoping for a little easier battle but I'm sure glad they pulled it out. And I'm glad Cousins played great in the second half. I'm mean great. Maybe this will continue. If it does we will be hard to beat as today showed. But that half time adjust was what did it. I know I called our OC an idiot. But that wasn't the case at half time. He changed the tempo. Good for him and a great job. Plus our team is banged up big time.
And now ... you praise them!

Exactly what I'm talking about. Inconsistent. Which is it? Was it a good win, or a joke?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:16 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 pm This board is in sad shape.

Today was a damn rollercoaster, but I still wouldn't have expected the in-fighting that I'm seeing here. I think the key is to not police how other posters want to experience their fandom. God knows it's hard to be a Vikings fan. Today gave us ample proof of that fact. Who among us didn't have an elevated heart rate today? That game had everything. I nearly turned it off at halftime. Then, at the end I found myself agonizing during what seemed like the longest, slowest, never-endingest drive of the history of the NFL. I'm super proud of the leaders on this team for turning a miserable situation around. That took heart and it bodes well for the rest of the season. I also completely get why folks are frustrated with that piss-poor first half. That was some of the stinkiest Vikings football I've ever seen. But there were also lots of flukey things--bad fortune and poor officiating--that were bound to even out eventually. Some days the wind blows hard in your face. Today, the Vikings showed a lot of character sticking with it and pulling out the game. I'm concerned about all of the injuries, but very glad to have the bye and to be sitting at 8-3.
You explained that very good. I thought they were dead. 20-0 I was like "I can't believe this." The O did a great job getting this victory. And the D did a great job at the end. They didn't pack it in. You called it character which is correct.
Why is it correct when Texas Vike says it, but a joke when I say it?

This is exactly what I've been saying since I logged on today. And people like YOU come back saying we beat a joke team and it means nothing. Then you extol the team's character when somebody else says it. I don't get it. Is it personal? Is it because I've called you out for inconsistency in your posts? Try being consistent.

Today's win, to me, bodes WELL for the rest of the season. This gives the team confidence they can come back when they're down, or fight off a sluggish half or period of play. By the way, that's now TWO fourth-quarter comebacks in succession for Kirk Cousins -- yes, the Vikings trailed at Dallas in the fourth last week. Forgive me for seeing the glass half full. And don't tell me about all the heartache you've experienced. I WATCHED the '69 team IN PERSON. I've experienced ALL OF IT. I simply choose to believe that someday this team will break the spell and win the Lombardi. Maybe even -- wait for it -- this year. Why does that make me bad or stupid or short-sighted?

I'm so tired of taking sh!t for calling it like I see it. Unlike many of you, I call it both ways. You just don't pay attention when I criticize. The defense was terrible in the first half. They were absolutely excellent in the second. One lousy field goal. The offense was beyond awful in the first half. They were unstoppable -- 4 possessions, 4 TDs -- in the second. Special teams were bad all day. All day. Two muffed punts and a fumbled kickoff. And how many of you have mentioned the TERRIBLE kick coverage after the Vikings' last TD, a 42-yard return that set up the Broncos with good field position and allowed them to stop our hearts? The team has things to fix. I call it both ways, and I'm tired of people telling me I don't. I just don't have this sky-is-falling outlook that so many of you have.

Many of you BELIEVE the Vikings will fail. I don't, and I won't apologize for it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:11 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:16 pm
You explained that very good. I thought they were dead. 20-0 I was like "I can't believe this." The O did a great job getting this victory. And the D did a great job at the end. They didn't pack it in. You called it character which is correct.
Why is it correct when Texas Vike says it, but a joke when I say it?

This is exactly what I've been saying since I logged on today. And people like YOU come back saying we beat a joke team and it means nothing. Then you extol the team's character when somebody else says it. I don't get it. Is it personal? Is it because I've called you out for inconsistency in your posts? Try being consistent.

Today's win, to me, bodes WELL for the rest of the season. This gives the team confidence they can come back when they're down, or fight off a sluggish half or period of play. By the way, that's now TWO fourth-quarter comebacks in succession for Kirk Cousins -- yes, the Vikings trailed at Dallas in the fourth last week. Forgive me for seeing the glass half full. And don't tell me about all the heartache you've experienced. I WATCHED the '69 team IN PERSON. I've experienced ALL OF IT. I simply choose to believe that someday this team will break the spell and win the Lombardi. Maybe even -- wait for it -- this year. Why does that make me bad or stupid or short-sighted?

I'm so tired of taking sh!t for calling it like I see it. Unlike many of you, I call it both ways. You just don't pay attention when I criticize. The defense was terrible in the first half. They were absolutely excellent in the second. One lousy field goal. The offense was beyond awful in the first half. They were unstoppable -- 4 possessions, 4 TDs -- in the second. Special teams were bad all day. All day. Two muffed punts and a fumbled kickoff. And how many of you have mentioned the TERRIBLE kick coverage after the Vikings' last TD, a 42-yard return that set up the Broncos with good field position and allowed them to stop our hearts? The team has things to fix. I call it both ways, and I'm tired of people telling me I don't. I just don't have this sky-is-falling outlook that so many of you have.

Many of you BELIEVE the Vikings will fail. I don't, and I won't apologize for it.
Because you came on and started posting that people are negative even with a win. My thought is Zim better fix this D before we face the Hawks. If that don't happen forget about a Super Bowl. It won't happen with this D the way it is. IMO they let some bum QB walk all over them at home. We won't face a bum when all the chips are on the table. Yes they got the win which is what really matters. I realize that. But Zim better get this D playing better which is negative to you. To me that needs to happen for us to have a chance to make the Super Bowl. I also realize they can play like crap and we can win it all. But they need to try and fix it. However people posted about the half time adjustments and what a great move our OC made. I agree with that. And I called the guy an idiot. We have never won a Super Bowl. That's why a fail is on peoples minds. .
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I am just glad that The Vikes actually came out on the 2nd half, didn't fold, and fought tooth and nail to take the game back.
We do have alot to clean up. Dont wanna list them all because most of us here, well actually all of us or we would be here, see and know where we are lacking.
My biggest concern are the injuries that are starting to pile up.
I saw Cook coming off the field holding his arm and shaking it. Then they showed him on the sidelines grimacing when they were moving his shoulder around.
Harry's injury scares me real bad. Another stupid Hammy injury. And as I stated in the game chat, for him to not be in the game, especially at crunch time, well it must not be good. That dude is tough and is a gamer and would be out there.
Hopefully it's not bad.
We need him and Cook. We need Linvel back. But we REALLY need Theilen back. Badly. We r seeing just how much he adds to our O attack.
This bye is here at the perfect time.
My 2 main Hope's are that everyone gets healthy and ready to go. We r gonna need them all healthy if we are gonna beat the Seachickens.
2nd, I hope for no more drama. After the Kearse deal, I hope everyone uses their heads and stays outta trouble and comes back rested and hungry for a win.
I'm having surgery this Thursday on my elbow and hand, so the bye if perfect for me. I am gonna have to really be careful with it for the 1st week. So it's perfect timing. I wont be swinging mybarms around, punching one of my Vikings pillows and throwing one of the dogs soft toys against the wall like I do , like I did alot yesterday, so it even benefits my health.
I will be back healthy and fully active for the Seattle game too
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

My thoughts are...it was a win going into the bye. :thumbsup:
But disappointed how flat we came out in our own stadium.
3/4 through the first half the offense only had 2 first downs. That's a problem that needs figured out.
The Defense was hard pressed make a stop in the first half. That's a ongoing problem that needs figured out.
Letting offenses make 70 yard drives and chew up 1/2 a quarter. Keeps our offense off the field.

Great we won :govikes:
But we got some problems that need corrected during the bye.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

For those of you upset about Allen throwing for under 250 yards, 1 TD and 1 Int, 6.2 YPA against our defense:
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/11/15 ... ridgewater

Backups playing well for their first few games is now the norm.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Just rewatched the highlights again... man, super impressed that Cousins was able to light it up in the 2nd half with no Thielen and Cook only running for 24 yards on the day. Absolutely superb.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:43 pm • Prime time win. Check (twice).
• Prime time win against a good team. Check.
• Play well in a road win. Check, check, check.
• Comeback win. Check.

You must have a really long checklist. That's your right, I guess.

Here's the truth for you guys who believe Kirk Cousins can't elevate a team. In at least half our wins this year, he's the reason we won.

That being said, after the Chicago debacle, I was openly one who was ready to give up. I loved the signing, but I'd seen enough. But something has changed since then. This is a different quarterback. I'm actually feel bad that some of you can't see it. It's kind of enjoyable to watch.
You and I were both ready to give up on Cousins after that Chicago game. That was my low point. I really questioned whether he had it in him.

I'm not in the prove it stage anymore. He's proven this year that he can do it. What has happened in any year prior to this is irrelevant. What happens next year, doesn't matter yet. I'm not saying we will win it all, but I think we have the team and the QB that can. I think Cousins has proven he can carry this team if needed. I know some others still don't feel that way. I finally do. This game pushed me over the top. He carried this team to a huge win. He was the biggest factor. Sure, some others stepped up, but Cousins was the main reason we came out of this game with a win. What more do we want in a QB?

To win the SB, teams have to have some things break their way... and have the talent to use it to their advantage. We are in a group that can do it. No team is perfect. We don't need perfection.

We just pulled off an amazing comeback against a really good defense. And we were missing 4 starters... and a 5th at the end of the game. I certainly didn't see it coming at half time. What a blast.
Damian