Kearse arrested

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Kearse arrested

Post by Maelstrom88 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyn ... t-a-permit

Had high hopes for this guy when they drafted him.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
apellowitz
Waterboy

Re: Kearse arrested

Post by apellowitz »

Unbelievable! Why aren’t these guys required to have private drivers when going out drinking? Don’t they realize a lot people know who they are and that their careers are in jeopardy??? He’s replaceable
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

I don't get it most of these guys time is 5 years or so you would think that they could stay clean for such a short time.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

His goose is cooked. He doubled down with the firearm stuff.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

What would the Vikes pay me to be a driver/babysitter?
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Maybe the rest of the team will get a wake up call to avoid a similar situation.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This is a big loss, he was improving so much and a great backup/big nickel.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

We don’t wish you well on your future endeavors Jayron.

Get some help, stop it. *80’s McDonald’s commercial, Michael Jordan voice*
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

The gun possession is a misdemeanor. Disappointing because all teams have a car service for nights out.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

4 game suspension?

It will help drive down his price this offseason and we should be able to keep him around now.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I just read the on PFT that there were 5 charges involved. And to top it off, his passenger in the car.. who while officers where there, had to open the door was vomiting due to his high level of intoxication... Mike Hughes. Great news.
Ya know I just think why do these guys make such stupid decisions. Like stated, most teams have services in place to drive the players or pick them up. Or call a cab or a Uuber.
But I know how I was at their age when I was partying, and I made stupid decisions. And I was just a regular guy, I wasnt in a position of having fame and money.
But again, it's also drilled into their heads and they are educated on these situations, and they know how MUCH they have to lose. So I also view it as just being plain foolish.
It just bums me out that Hughes also had to be involved.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:46 am I just read the on PFT that there were 5 charges involved. And to top it off, his passenger in the car.. who while officers where there, had to open the door was vomiting due to his high level of intoxication... Mike Hughes. Great news.
Ya know I just think why do these guys make such stupid decisions. Like stated, most teams have services in place to drive the players or pick them up. Or call a cab or a Uuber.
But I know how I was at their age when I was partying, and I made stupid decisions. And I was just a regular guy, I wasnt in a position of having fame and money.
But again, it's also drilled into their heads and they are educated on these situations, and they know how MUCH they have to lose. So I also view it as just being plain foolish.
Hughes didn't do anything wrong though other than get drunk that night. He's not being charged with a single thing, he just happened to be in the wrong place in the wrong time.

I don't condone driving while intoxicated, but let's not act like these guys are not still young with a lot to learn. Hughes is 22 and Kearse is 25; let's hold off on the doom and gloom and judgmental sanctimony and instead let's support these guys and hope they can learn from this mistake and do better in the future. I doubt there's nobody on this site that hasn't been stopped for drunk driving at least once in their lifetime.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:14 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:46 am I just read the on PFT that there were 5 charges involved. And to top it off, his passenger in the car.. who while officers where there, had to open the door was vomiting due to his high level of intoxication... Mike Hughes. Great news.
Hughes didn't do anything wrong though other than get drunk that night. He's not being charged with a single thing, he just happened to be in the wrong place in the wrong time.

I don't condone driving while intoxicated, but let's not act like these guys are not still young with a lot to learn. Hughes is 22 and Kearse is 25; let's hold off on the doom and gloom and judgmental sanctimony and instead let's support these guys and hope they can learn from this mistake and do better in the future. I doubt there's nobody on this site that hasn't been stopped for drunk driving at least once in their lifetime.
It was a mistake especially for Kearse. It could have been much worse for him and that's what he should be thankful for.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

Well, considering some of my exploits on liberty back in the early 70's I can't be too critical. We were all young and inexperienced and didn't think anything bad could happen to us at one time. The big difference being my early 70's Navy pay vs Kearse's current NFL salary but no amount of money can teach common sense. I always pounded into my kid's heads "if you party either call me or spend the night" and I still had one get a DUI but it came with enough of a price that it got her attention. Again, the difference being that none of us are in the spotlight and most could probably admit doing dumb things but not getting caught.

The Vikings organization used to have this kind of reputation but in recent years they have done a great job helping players out in these situations. I wouldn't write him off just yet as falling into this kind of deal isn't fun to go through but can help set them on a straight path.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:14 am

I stated that I remember the stuff I did at that age, trust me I partied hard at that age. I wasn't trying to be judgmental man. I lost a friend in HS due to someone driving drunk. That situation coulda ended up alot worse. Teams do have services to drive players if they are impaired.
If you remember Hughes came into the draft with questions about character issues and we took him and he has a great future.
I can see where you may have taken my post as coming off as being judgemental. Trust me that wasnt the intention. And also trust me, if you knew me personally you would believe that.
I just hate the thought of gifted young guys throwing away a career, or even worse seeing lives lost, when help is available. No judgment here. I am very fortunate I didnt have anything bad happen when I was that age.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!