Holton HIll Suspended Again

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Holton HIll Suspended Again

Post by YikesVikes »

S197 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:48 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm I truly don't understand how things work in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson spanks his son with a switch -- suspended for an entire season. Justified.

Holton Hill smokes weed (legal in 11 states and Washington D.C.) -- suspended four games. Justified (I guess ... it's a rule in the NFL).

Tyreek Hill breaks his son's arm -- No suspension. No fine. Nothing.

Somebody needs to give Roger Goodell a drug test.
It definitely makes no sense. That being said, the reason he went undrafted is because of this very problem. Then he gets hit for PEDs, which rumor has it could have been something taken to mask marijuana. Then he’s caught with Roc who not only had weed but a handgun and a bunch of cash.

It’s just one bad decision after another. If he screws up again, it will be a 10 game suspension. It’s enticing to keep a guy around who is paid very little and won’t count against the roster while suspended, but is he really worth the risk? I don’t see a Jared Allen turnaround story here, he just doesn’t seem to get it.

Teams were right to pass on him and I think it’s better they cut their losses.
Just want to point out that an NFL player with 16k in cash isn't always a sign of drug dealing. These guys do a lot of dealing in cash. Also, the gun seems to be pointlessly thrown in there as he wasn't charged with illegal gun possession (that I saw) but gun and money and Black young guy paints a picture. Gun ownership isn't a crime. #### is lowkey prejudicial.

"Police also discovered $15,802 in a nightstand next to the bed."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:46 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm I truly don't understand how things work in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson spanks his son with a switch -- suspended for an entire season. Justified.

Holton Hill smokes weed (legal in 11 states and Washington D.C.) -- suspended four games. Justified (I guess ... it's a rule in the NFL).

Tyreek Hill breaks his son's arm -- No suspension. No fine. Nothing.

Somebody needs to give Roger Goodell a drug test.
They have his wife on tape saying she is the one who hurt their son, not Tyreek. He is no angel, but it appears his biggest mistake was marrying a nut job.
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Looks like the team is considering Scandrick as a potential pickup with Hill out.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

S197 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:53 pm Looks like the team is considering Scandrick as a potential pickup with Hill out.
If anyone can make Scandrik work it will be Zim. The next Terrance Newman maybe?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:43 am
S197 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:53 pm Looks like the team is considering Scandrick as a potential pickup with Hill out.
If anyone can make Scandrik work it will be Zim. The next Terrance Newman maybe?
Isn't Scandrick like 70?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Scandrick is 32 and nothing more than a short term stop gap but we could use the vet experience. Wonder if a guy like Munnerlyn would come back.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:25 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am I give Speilman credit for taking a chance. The guy played very well for a rookie. I said on another post about him that the PED suspension could have been for any substance. This time around it's substances of abuse. I'm not sure what that means. Could be any type of substance I guess. Glue, paint, anti-freeze ect........ I would assume he's toast at this point I know most feel Hughes will be ready to rock week 1 but I'm a little more pessimistic or realistic than that. It takes time to get back to game speed. If Rhodes don't bounce back to his stellar self this will be a problem area for us. In today's game a team must be deep at DB. We have 3 question marks IMO and that's hard to fill. I guess we can use the proven Denny Green approach and use a WR back there. That's close enough.
I also don't think Hughes will be ready week 1. He certainly won't be 100%. No announcement yet he's starting on the PUP (knock on wood) so that's a good sign at least.
Zim was quoted as saying that Hughes also had ligament damage also. Which I'm not sure it was mentioned before.
I just hope they don't try rushing him back.

Unless Hill messes up again...I don't see him going anywhere. High talent-low cost money wise.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Looks like Hughes is on the PUP. They're looking at Mo Claiborne.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:34 pm

I also don't think Hughes will be ready week 1. He certainly won't be 100%. No announcement yet he's starting on the PUP (knock on wood) so that's a good sign at least.
Zim was quoted as saying that Hughes also had ligament damage also. Which I'm not sure it was mentioned before.
I just hope they don't try rushing him back.

Unless Hill messes up again...I don't see him going anywhere. High talent-low cost money wise.
Yeah, Zim called it a "multi-ligament" injury, then said he didn't know what that means. That Zimmer.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:22 pm Looks like Hughes is on the PUP. They're looking at Mo Claiborne.
I could see Zimmer doing some good with Claiborne. What a wasted opportunity for Hill.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am I give Speilman credit for taking a chance. The guy played very well for a rookie. I said on another post about him that the PED suspension could have been for any substance. This time around it's substances of abuse. I'm not sure what that means. Could be any type of substance I guess. Glue, paint, anti-freeze ect........ I would assume he's toast at this point I know most feel Hughes will be ready to rock week 1 but I'm a little more pessimistic or realistic than that. It takes time to get back to game speed. If Rhodes don't bounce back to his stellar self this will be a problem area for us. In today's game a team must be deep at DB. We have 3 question marks IMO and that's hard to fill. I guess we can use the proven Denny Green approach and use a WR back there. That's close enough.
He had a very good rookie start. At least he made some plays on the ball which we need to do more of. But I don't see him on the field week 1. If he makes it back in a years time frame that would be great. And by back I mean playing like he was. If he comes back and is getting smoked that to me isn't back. I suspect once Hill's suspension is up it's bye bye. He gave them a bunch of bull #### last year when they signed him and now you can't even believe a word that comes from him. He's not good enough to put up with that. My biggest concern about our DBs now is Rhodes. If he's toast we will be lucky to make the playoffs with this secondary and certainly will get dumped quickly. We could be down to one decent starter with Waynes at this point. The rest will be fodder. Not good IMO.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:42 am

He had a very good rookie start. At least he made some plays on the ball which we need to do more of. But I don't see him on the field week 1. If he makes it back in a years time frame that would be great. And by back I mean playing like he was. If he comes back and is getting smoked that to me isn't back. I suspect once Hill's suspension is up it's bye bye. He gave them a bunch of bull #### last year when they signed him and now you can't even believe a word that comes from him. He's not good enough to put up with that. My biggest concern about our DBs now is Rhodes. If he's toast we will be lucky to make the playoffs with this secondary and certainly will get dumped quickly. We could be down to one decent starter with Waynes at this point. The rest will be fodder. Not good IMO.
What? One “bad” year from Rhodes and you’re already down on him? Little premature if you ask me. And Mac was one of the better slot corners in the league this year. I’m still not worried at all about this secondary. Nor will it be what keeps us out of the playoffs if you ask me. We still finished as the #3 pass defense last year with this crap secondary that you claim us to have
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hill (rightly) in Zimmers doghouse. Only getting individual work, being held out of team drills.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Scandrick won't be one of our signing options now as he has signed with Philly.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:43 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:42 am
What? One “bad” year from Rhodes and you’re already down on him? Little premature if you ask me. And Mac was one of the better slot corners in the league this year. I’m still not worried at all about this secondary. Nor will it be what keeps us out of the playoffs if you ask me. We still finished as the #3 pass defense last year with this crap secondary that you claim us to have
How many bad years before you are considered done? He's not 25 years old. I hope he comes back at elite form. That would be ideal. If he doesn't, which is also possible, then who fills the hole and at his level? Mac? Could happen. Then who fills his slot role at his level? Most on the board, about 90%, felt Hughes would be back at full speed week 1 because guys recover from his injury much easier today. I agree with that. But not all ACLs are the same. Here's the latest. Mike Zimmer describes Mike Hughes’ knee injury as “multi-ligament,” so more damage was done than to his ACL last season. Zimmer did not clarify what other ligament damage Hughes is recovering from. Zim won't clarify. What? IMO this isn't good news but maybe to some it is and week 1 is a given. I have said all along this is at least a year deal before he is back and playing at his former level. We can all call this what ever we feel is correct. IMO we have some serious questions marks in the secondary. In todays game 3 deep is a must have. Yes #3 pass defense I guess is correct but teams ran the ball at will against us.