Kyle Rudolph and Vikings break off contract talks

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Kyle Rudolph and Vikings break off contract talks

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 pm
Comparing the same team to the same team is a bad comparison? Gotcha. What was I thinking?
What aren’t you getting about this? Were the same team as 2017? Not even counting the QB? No, not even close. And I just listed all the reasons why we weren’t. Why is Washington, or any other team for that matter, any different? You’re looking solely at record and it makes for a very weak argument on your end. Yeah sure they still have the same team name, play in the same city and have the same head coach if you’re really getting that literal with it. But outside of that, they had plenty of changes, distractions, different schedule, etc. I mean let’s be honest here, how many teams around the nfl are “the same” from year to year? Zero. And I’m not even saying just from a roster standpoint. This is just common sense.
Based on your comments about Cousins not being the biggest change on offense, are you arguing he isn't an impact player? I mean, he was replacing a journeyman backup after all, and his addition didn't make all that big of difference, so I guess I can get behind that....
No I’m not saying cousins isn’t an impact player. But there was a ridiculously large gap between offensive coordinators from 2017-2018. A guy with “weaker” RBs in Murray and McKinnon had us as the #7 rush offense in the nfl which in a way, helped us get to where we went and he implemented balance. The other guy had us near dead last with better RBs in cook and Murray. And don’t give me the OL bull crap. This team could have been successful enough on the ground if they wanted to. Flip simply neglected the run. We had 3 of the same lineman we had in 2017. Easton was on that line and wasn’t some spectacular run blocker. The only true OL that we missed was Berger. But I can tell you right now, losing Joe Berger doesn’t result in us dropping from top 7 to bottom 5 rushing offense in one year. That’s your offensive coordinator. He had the biggest effect on this offense by far. More than any player. He was the one calling the shots, he was the one ignoring what Zim wanted and he was the one that got fired. Kirk Cousins isn’t calling 40 pass plays a game. Kirk Cousins isn’t neglecting the run game. Kirk Cousins isn’t throwing all the weight on his shoulders and not utilizing the weapons around him. Flip did that. When did Shurmur ever once put Keemun in that position? Never. Except the nfc championship game when Keenan’s luck disappeared and we were down by 100. At that point you have no choice but to throw. But Shurmur wasn’t forcing Keenum to win games on his own. That’s exactly what Flip did with cousins when you have unbelievable talent in your backfield.

THAT is the biggest impact. Players then follow but when you go from that good of an OC to that bad of an OC, it’s going to effect your offense drastically
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:54 pm
I'm very glad we got Cousins. He is a fine NFL QB. Give him some blocking this year and see what happens. Why the name PurpleKoolaid? Is that accusatory of other posters or is it meant as a comment about yourself?
Dont sweat it Vikings Victorious. Been down this road with Kool aid before.
First off I've never ever flew the Cousins flag so no idea why he directed that at me personally like that. As a matter of fact when we signed Cousins I posted the fact that I personally know Cousins starting Center when he played for Skins. He is from my hometown, played at our, his older brother is one of my bosses, he is now retired and I've watched games at his house. He told me when we signed Cousins he is a great guy, great leader a very good QB BUT he will break my heart when it matters most. So far he was right. But I'm still optimistic that with the right weapons around him, the right scheme and more familiarity with the offense and teammates maybe he will succeed for us.
In another post Purple Kool Aid compared Speilman to shopping at Wal Mart for lineman. I made an obviously post dripping with sarcasm about my friends son who is a special needs young man, who KNOWS his NFL, sarcastically.. again OBVIOUS sarcasm agreeing that the kid prob would do a better job at filling the line needs.
He posted back basically saying he didnt give a rat's a## about some kid who worked at Wal Mart.
I'm a member of this forum and 2 bowhunting forums. I realize that every forum has at least a few guys who are gonna be confrontational and argumentative and downright rude.
Like they say anyone can sit behind a computer and be that way. So it's best to tune them out.
Up until a few years ago I was still in brawler mode and would throw down with anyone and actually offered to drive 3 hrs and have a face to face "discussion " with a guy who was like that on a bowhunting forum. He sudden went silent lol.
So ya know it's best just ri realize that some posters are gonna be that way no matter what.
Just take it with a grain of salt and consider the source.
Enjoy the guys on here who are fun to post with and bring positivity and good discussion to the board. It's more enjoyable that way.
Tune out the negative guys who only wanna bash others and stir up crap. Not worth getting wound up about.
My post wasnt directed at you, it was sarcasm. I',m not going to go back and find the post, but you basically said you agree with me, and you were the one using the retarded boy as a prop. Making fun of him to try and be sarcastic with me. That sh!t doesnt fly here. Get a effing life. Ot maybe threaten me with violence lol
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I don't think Kendricks restructure guarantees Kyle makes the team. The cap doesn't take into account 53 players until the final cut down. I think right now it only counts the top 51.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:58 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 am

Dont sweat it Vikings Victorious. Been down this road with Kool aid before.
First off I've never ever flew the Cousins flag so no idea why he directed that at me personally like that. As a matter of fact when we signed Cousins I posted the fact that I personally know Cousins starting Center when he played for Skins. He is from my hometown, played at our, his older brother is one of my bosses, he is now retired and I've watched games at his house. He told me when we signed Cousins he is a great guy, great leader a very good QB BUT he will break my heart when it matters most. So far he was right. But I'm still optimistic that with the right weapons around him, the right scheme and more familiarity with the offense and teammates maybe he will succeed for us.
In another post Purple Kool Aid compared Speilman to shopping at Wal Mart for lineman. I made an obviously post dripping with sarcasm about my friends son who is a special needs young man, who KNOWS his NFL, sarcastically.. again OBVIOUS sarcasm agreeing that the kid prob would do a better job at filling the line needs.
He posted back basically saying he didnt give a rat's a## about some kid who worked at Wal Mart.
I'm a member of this forum and 2 bowhunting forums. I realize that every forum has at least a few guys who are gonna be confrontational and argumentative and downright rude.
Like they say anyone can sit behind a computer and be that way. So it's best to tune them out.
Up until a few years ago I was still in brawler mode and would throw down with anyone and actually offered to drive 3 hrs and have a face to face "discussion " with a guy who was like that on a bowhunting forum. He sudden went silent lol.
So ya know it's best just ri realize that some posters are gonna be that way no matter what.
Just take it with a grain of salt and consider the source.
Enjoy the guys on here who are fun to post with and bring positivity and good discussion to the board. It's more enjoyable that way.
Tune out the negative guys who only wanna bash others and stir up crap. Not worth getting wound up about.
My post wasnt directed at you, it was sarcasm. I',m not going to go back and find the post, but you basically said you agree with me, and you were the one using the retarded boy as a prop. Making fun of him to try and be sarcastic with me. That sh!t doesnt fly here. Get a effing life. Ot maybe threaten me with violence lol
Haha. I didnt the kid as a prop. I did agree with you, that the O line isnt Rick's strong suit. I said my friends son prob could assemble a better O line. The kid unfortunately is a Packers fan, and he knows his football. I didnt call him retarded either. You did.
What I was getting at is that damn near all of ur posts are confrontational and argumentative. I've read so many other members post the same thing about you. Like I said about this and other forums, theres always a few s#$t stirrers who bring a negative vibe. And your name seems to be at the top of alot of those posts.
Threaten u with violence lol. No I didn't. All I alluded to was yrs ago a jerk on a bowhunting forum was being a total jerk and was challenging guys on there to meet him. Well he was close enough to me I called his bluff. That's all. I never threatened u at all.
I have a great life man. Great job, great family, great friends and spend quality time on the water and in the fall I and my hunting buddies love in tree stands with our bows, and I have my football.
I don't come on message boards pissing ppl off practically every post I make. I've had alot of great discussions and alot of cool PMs from like minded ppl.
I just finally got sick of seeing yet another one of ur posts and told another member, who was being cool and trying to have a positive discussion, to not sweat it with you.
I'm real happy with my life. I've come to see that ppl who constantly need to try and tear others down and jam there opinions down others threats as the only way are the insecure ones who need to get the life.
So I feel I was just speaking what many others think here. I know at least one does cuz he agreed.
And i will reiterate... I did NOT threaten you. Those days are now done for me. But yeah I will admit, there was a time lol. Not anymore. I'm happy where I'm at.
So you just keep doing what you do if you feel that need. This is about as confrontational as I will get pulled into.
I will stick with dialogue with the members here who wanna have some good positive exchanges.
Enjoy ur time here and I won't be addressing anything about it anymore with ya. Cool? You post the way you do.. I will do the same
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 pm
Comparing the same team to the same team is a bad comparison? Gotcha. What was I thinking?
What aren’t you getting about this? Were the same team as 2017? Not even counting the QB? No, not even close. And I just listed all the reasons why we weren’t. Why is Washington, or any other team for that matter, any different? You’re looking solely at record and it makes for a very weak argument on your end. Yeah sure they still have the same team name, play in the same city and have the same head coach if you’re really getting that literal with it. But outside of that, they had plenty of changes, distractions, different schedule, etc. I mean let’s be honest here, how many teams around the nfl are “the same” from year to year? Zero. And I’m not even saying just from a roster standpoint. This is just common sense.
Based on your comments about Cousins not being the biggest change on offense, are you arguing he isn't an impact player? I mean, he was replacing a journeyman backup after all, and his addition didn't make all that big of difference, so I guess I can get behind that....
No I’m not saying cousins isn’t an impact player. But there was a ridiculously large gap between offensive coordinators from 2017-2018. A guy with “weaker” RBs in Murray and McKinnon had us as the #7 rush offense in the nfl which in a way, helped us get to where we went and he implemented balance. The other guy had us near dead last with better RBs in cook and Murray. And don’t give me the OL bull crap. This team could have been successful enough on the ground if they wanted to. Flip simply neglected the run. We had 3 of the same lineman we had in 2017. Easton was on that line and wasn’t some spectacular run blocker. The only true OL that we missed was Berger. But I can tell you right now, losing Joe Berger doesn’t result in us dropping from top 7 to bottom 5 rushing offense in one year. That’s your offensive coordinator. He had the biggest effect on this offense by far. More than any player. He was the one calling the shots, he was the one ignoring what Zim wanted and he was the one that got fired. Kirk Cousins isn’t calling 40 pass plays a game. Kirk Cousins isn’t neglecting the run game. Kirk Cousins isn’t throwing all the weight on his shoulders and not utilizing the weapons around him. Flip did that. When did Shurmur ever once put Keemun in that position? Never. Except the nfc championship game when Keenan’s luck disappeared and we were down by 100. At that point you have no choice but to throw. But Shurmur wasn’t forcing Keenum to win games on his own. That’s exactly what Flip did with cousins when you have unbelievable talent in your backfield.

THAT is the biggest impact. Players then follow but when you go from that good of an OC to that bad of an OC, it’s going to effect your offense drastically
Impact on wins losses a QB has on a team isn't a weak argument, it is THE argument.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Impact on wins losses a QB has on a team isn't a weak argument, it is THE argument.
Agree to disagree with this one. There are so many other factors that go into things other than just record. But I respect your opinion.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

S197 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 am I don't think Kendricks restructure guarantees Kyle makes the team. The cap doesn't take into account 53 players until the final cut down. I think right now it only counts the top 51.
No it doesn't but the Vikings running two TE sets not cutting a top ten TE probably does.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:55 am
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Haha. I didnt the kid as a prop. I did agree with you, that the O line isnt Rick's strong suit. I said my friends son prob could assemble a better O line. The kid unfortunately is a Packers fan, and he knows his football. I didnt call him retarded either. You did.
What I was getting at is that damn near all of ur posts are confrontational and argumentative. I've read so many other members post the same thing about you. Like I said about this and other forums, theres always a few s#$t stirrers who bring a negative vibe. And your name seems to be at the top of alot of those posts.
Threaten u with violence lol. No I didn't. All I alluded to was yrs ago a jerk on a bowhunting forum was being a total jerk and was challenging guys on there to meet him. Well he was close enough to me I called his bluff. That's all. I never threatened u at all.
I have a great life man. Great job, great family, great friends and spend quality time on the water and in the fall I and my hunting buddies love in tree stands with our bows, and I have my football.
I don't come on message boards pissing ppl off practically every post I make. I've had alot of great discussions and alot of cool PMs from like minded ppl.
I just finally got sick of seeing yet another one of ur posts and told another member, who was being cool and trying to have a positive discussion, to not sweat it with you.
I'm real happy with my life. I've come to see that ppl who constantly need to try and tear others down and jam there opinions down others threats as the only way are the insecure ones who need to get the life.
So I feel I was just speaking what many others think here. I know at least one does cuz he agreed.
And i will reiterate... I did NOT threaten you. Those days are now done for me. But yeah I will admit, there was a time lol. Not anymore. I'm happy where I'm at.
So you just keep doing what you do if you feel that need. This is about as confrontational as I will get pulled into.
I will stick with dialogue with the members here who wanna have some good positive exchanges.
Enjoy ur time here and I won't be addressing anything about it anymore with ya. Cool? You post the way you do.. I will do the same
Good post. Hopefully a mod will handle this. This is just one run-in of many he's had with other members of this board.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:23 am
S197 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 am I don't think Kendricks restructure guarantees Kyle makes the team. The cap doesn't take into account 53 players until the final cut down. I think right now it only counts the top 51.
No it doesn't but the Vikings running two TE sets not cutting a top ten TE probably does.
Top 10 is a bit misleading. He had top 10 yards for tight ends in an offense that threw the ball a ton and where he was the only legitimate 3rd option, not counting the RBs. In 2017 he was top 10, and in 2018 he regressed quite a bit statistically despite the team throwing 80 more times. Either he was hurt last year and we don’t know about it, or his age is catching up to him.

I would take 15 TEs ahead of him at this point in his career.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:23 am
Top 10 is a bit misleading. He had top 10 yards for tight ends in an offense that threw the ball a ton and where he was the only legitimate 3rd option, not counting the RBs. In 2017 he was top 10, and in 2018 he regressed quite a bit statistically despite the team throwing 80 more times. Either he was hurt last year and we don’t know about it, or his age is catching up to him.

I would take 15 TEs ahead of him at this point in his career.
I wouldn't agree with you, but I wouldn't fault you for that stand. Consider that his best game was the next to last game of the season. 9 receptions on 9 targets for I think 122 yards and 2 TDs.

If he is 16th and we are running base sets with 2 TEs I still would not advocate trading or cutting him except under extreme cap duress that could not be resolved in other ways.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:55 am

Good post. Hopefully a mod will handle this. This is just one run-in of many he's had with other members of this board.
Good call PHP. I hope so. I agree, it's just happened so many times. No reason for it.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So I've been hearing they have made a potentially big offer to Rudolph. As much as I like him as a player and love what he does off the field this would be a mistake. Why not just see how Irv and him play this year before opening the checkbook?

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/5/17 ... sion-offer
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 am So I've been hearing they have made a potentially big offer to Rudolph. As much as I like him as a player and love what he does off the field this would be a mistake. Why not just see how Irv and him play this year before opening the checkbook?

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/5/17 ... sion-offer
All that matters is the guaranteed money. Pay no attention to anything else. I'm very confident the Vikings have offered very little in guaranteed money.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:55 am great friends and spend quality time on the water and in the fall I and my hunting buddies love in tree stands with our bows, and I have my football.
Whoa!!! Too much information, man! With bows?!?!?! OUCH!!!!!

Ha ha, just messing with you :D :D

SKOL!!!!!!!! :v): :v): :v): :v): :v):
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:55 am great friends and spend quality time on the water and in the fall I and my hunting buddies love in tree stands with our bows, and I have my football.
Whoa!!! Too much information, man! With bows?!?!?! OUCH!!!!!

Ha ha, just messing with you :D :D

SKOL!!!!!!!! :v): :v): :v): :v): :v):
HOLY CRAP that auto spell definitely made me look real bad!! LOL. THAT was a good one buddy.
Let me retract that and submit.. we LIVE in treestands. Whew.. thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I needed that laugh.. one of those crappy days at work. Thanks man