Vikings 2019 Draft Class Review

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What (pre-determined) grade do you give this years draft?

A
19%
B
55%
C
21%
D
2%
F
2%

Total votes: 42

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings 2019 Draft Class Review

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:06 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
You're 100 percent correct that Sam is a nasty player which I do like. And I certainly hope he becomes a solid player. What I read was he lacks the base strength. And I also stated he slipped to round 4 for some reason(s). He was heavily scouted because that OU OL was very good and their QB was scouted heavily.. Every team knew him well. Both positives and negatives. So he didn't slip because no team knew about him. Isi probably is a career backup. He couldn't crack the lineup last year and that speaks volumes. Bottom line he could be a starter or cut and I wouldn't be surprised either way. I feel the same about Sam. But something is not clicking with the scouts and he slipped. What that is I have no clue and it isn't being reported on. But it's more than strength because that can be fixed.
It could be he slipped because he wasn't a great fit in every system. The Vikes drafted him, so they probably think he does fit their zone blocking scheme.
I agree with you. Teams that use a size power based OL took him off their board. He's a smaller zone blocking guy. He needs the angles which is OK and has been proven to work. He could become a very good player and I certainly hope that happens.