6th round pick (2nd)- Marcus Epps- S Wyoming

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

6th round pick (2nd)- Marcus Epps- S Wyoming

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

The free safety enjoyed a productive four-year stay in Laramie, totaling 324 tackles and nine interceptions over 50 career games for the Cowboys. Epps (5'11"/204) was also one of three finalists for the Burlsworth Trophy—awarded annually to the nation's top walk-on—in 2018, but lost out to Clemson receiver Hunter Renfrow.
Seems like a depth pick here
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: 6th round pick (2nd)- Marcus Epps- S Wyoming

Post by VikingLord »

Just isn't much about Epps out there. He has some video on Youtube and looks like a solid player, but in terms of hype or a summary or anything, just not seeing it, which is surprising a little given he was a 4 year starter.

I wonder if this is one of those rare guys who somehow flew under the radar but has real potential and will thrive in the pros.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 6th round pick (2nd)- Marcus Epps- S Wyoming

Post by Texas Vike »

This was our biggest head scratcher for me. I hope I'm wrong, but it brought back memories of the Moritz Boehringer pick.