Kyle Rudolph unfollows Vikings after Irv Smith Jr. drafted

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Kyle Rudolph unfollows Vikings after Irv Smith Jr. drafted

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:42 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Kapp it's all good buddy. I enjoy your posts and trust me I know you, myself and most of us here are HARDCORE Vikes fans, and we show our passion here.
I will admit that I was offended by one part of your post.
I was deeply offended that you referred to yourself as a horrible person for feeling the happiness when Barr layed the beatdown on Rodgers. You do realize that you were putting down not only yourself, but all true purple bleeding Viking fans around the globe. If you had said that you DIDN'T enjoy it, I would never believe another word that you post touting your love of the Vikes.
I wrote that post late last night, after a real long day and was about half loopy from being so tired. So I'm glad that you didn't take offense to it and replied in such a cool manner.
LOL! Well, in saying "horrible person," I was just trying to be politically correct. But to hell with it ... I hope Barr gets another shot at Lil' Erin!
HAHA!!! Awesome post. In some situations we gotta fo old school and put PC aside. Let's include Linvel landing on top of Erin after Barr delivers another shot, but of course shows sportsmanship by handing Erin his arm as he tearfully gets up off the Tundra.. cuz yes I want this to transpire in GB. :rofl:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:10 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:42 pm
LOL! Well, in saying "horrible person," I was just trying to be politically correct. But to hell with it ... I hope Barr gets another shot at Lil' Erin!
HAHA!!! Awesome post. In some situations we gotta fo old school and put PC aside. Let's include Linvel landing on top of Erin after Barr delivers another shot, but of course shows sportsmanship by handing Erin his arm as he tearfully gets up off the Tundra.. cuz yes I want this to transpire in GB. :rofl:
It helps that Rodgers appears to be a complete POS human being. I don't know if I would feel comfortable rooting for an injury to a guy like Rivers or Brees, even if they played for the Packers.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingLord wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:37 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:48 pm

That's like 99.9% of the posts though. It used to be all informative with mature conversation (for the most part). Now it's "you're wrong so it means you don't have eyes" or people vomiting stats non stop like they mean something. Even in the lean years of the early 2010s, the members stayed civil to each other.
Notice that like the top 5-10 posters on the board don't even post anymore. Probably 25% of the posts since the beginning are made by people who barely say anything. Gee I wonder why that is. Maybe everyone is "busy" but that's a wild coincidence if thsts the case.
I'd rather have people posting stats and discussing their validity and relevance than going back and forth based on personal opinions.

Of course, stats alone don't prove points, but they can at the very least set a baseline for actual discussion.

As for the posters, it's the dead of the offseason. A lot of regulars take breaks from the board or check in irregularly until things start to get more interesting. I don't think it is a symptom of a bigger issue.
Stats do set a baseline no doubt about that. People label Cousins a loser. I don't even know what that means. Yes he took us backwards last year based on the 13-3 stat line from the previous season. But it goes deeper than that. That 13-3 team never faced Rodgers. There's no stat for that. The Skins were losers again without Cousins. Now Keenam is there. I don't see that helping.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

My point about stats is for every Stat that you (general) post, I can find one that counters it. Despite the sheer volume of stats there are in every sport, the only one that matters is wins and losses. That's it. If I'm not mistaken, the first Giants team that beat New England (the undefeated team) was extremely mediocre in almost every Stat. But they got into the playoffs and went on a tear. That's why I said stats in a vacuum don't matter. You can't just use one Stat to prove a point. There is way more to it than that.
My main problem with the board lately is the arguing and bickering. We get it you like/don't like Cousins. SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY. Someone is allowed to have a different opinion than you without you calling them stupid or some kind of backhanded insult ("people with eyes can see blah blah"). It's just annoying.
Veterans of the board have been leaving for the last couple of seasons... It isn't just because it's the off-season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:37 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:10 am

It helps that Rodgers appears to be a complete POS human being. I don't know if I would feel comfortable rooting for an injury to a guy like Rivers or Brees, even if they played for the Packers.
Stump from the things I've been told about Rodgers from the retired player I know, he truly doesnt seem to be a real good guy.
I never wanna see any player get hurt with a serious injury, and I definitely couldn't take any pleasure in seeing class acts like Brees, Rivers and guys like that injured. But guys like Rodgers, Cutler, Burfect and players like that, well seeing them get blasted doesnt break my heart in any way for sure.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:53 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:37 am

Stump from the things I've been told about Rodgers from the retired player I know, he truly doesnt seem to be a real good guy.
I never wanna see any player get hurt with a serious injury, and I definitely couldn't take any pleasure in seeing class acts like Brees, Rivers and guys like that injured. But guys like Rodgers, Cutler, Burfect and players like that, well seeing them get blasted doesnt break my heart in any way for sure.
Were do you guys get that Rodgers is a POS human. Do you know if he volunteers or helps out people in need? Does he donate his time and help out charitable causes. He is a tide bit I found about this POS Human. It was announced Thursday that he received an honorary doctorate of humanities from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He received the honor for his work helping children with cancer with the college and the MACC (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer). Now the chant will be he didn't do a thing they just gave him an award. If that's what some believe go ahead. That's an example of a terrible guy. How many on here spend there time helping. I'm not talking an hour a month but real time. Rodgers has a career also and I think that takes some of his time. As much and probably more than the 50-60 hour a week dude. Plus he donates a crap load of money. I just don't see a POS there. Is he dealing drugs? Beating woman? Kids all over the place with different woman and not helping. We need more more POS human beings like him. Every player has a different personality. If a QB has a weak mind, no intensity and can't chew or cheer a teammate then he won't be a great QB. Sometimes it does a player good to know he did something wrong.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:34 pm My point about stats is for every Stat that you (general) post, I can find one that counters it. Despite the sheer volume of stats there are in every sport, the only one that matters is wins and losses. That's it. If I'm not mistaken, the first Giants team that beat New England (the undefeated team) was extremely mediocre in almost every Stat. But they got into the playoffs and went on a tear. That's why I said stats in a vacuum don't matter. You can't just use one Stat to prove a point. There is way more to it than that.
My main problem with the board lately is the arguing and bickering. We get it you like/don't like Cousins. SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY. Someone is allowed to have a different opinion than you without you calling them stupid or some kind of backhanded insult ("people with eyes can see blah blah"). It's just annoying.
Veterans of the board have been leaving for the last couple of seasons... It isn't just because it's the off-season.
For me, stats can provide context and a starting point that can be really helpful to a meaningful debate, and what you're pointing out about them is exactly why I think they're useful. Players, like people, have strengths and weaknesses, and nobody gets to the pro level without some significant strengths.

As far as the arguing and bickering goes, yeah, that gets very tiring after a while. I'm not sure how that starts exactly. Maybe people take criticism too personally, or maybe people do actually go after each other personally. It became a real issue back in the USENET days, and got so bad that many regular contributors to that forum, myself included, eventually left. It's definitely something that can kill off discussion, and I think everyone who cares about maintaining a space where Vikings fans can come together and discuss things about this team has some obligation to try to encourage civility. It's good that here there are mods that can ban people that violate the rules. That's probably not something that should be done lightly, but it's probably the only way to truly enforce civil behavior.

I think the key thing to remember is we're all here because we're Vikings fans. If things get snippy, it should be with disrespectful fans of other teams that come here and not with each other.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:53 am

Were do you guys get that Rodgers is a POS human. Do you know if he volunteers or helps out people in need? Does he donate his time and help out charitable causes. He is a tide bit I found about this POS Human. It was announced Thursday that he received an honorary doctorate of humanities from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He received the honor for his work helping children with cancer with the college and the MACC (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer). Now the chant will be he didn't do a thing they just gave him an award. If that's what some believe go ahead. That's an example of a terrible guy. How many on here spend there time helping. I'm not talking an hour a month but real time. Rodgers has a career also and I think that takes some of his time. As much and probably more than the 50-60 hour a week dude. Plus he donates a crap load of money. I just don't see a POS there. Is he dealing drugs? Beating woman? Kids all over the place with different woman and not helping. We need more more POS human beings like him. Every player has a different personality. If a QB has a weak mind, no intensity and can't chew or cheer a teammate then he won't be a great QB. Sometimes it does a player good to know he did something wrong.
:thumbsup:

Even if Rodgers didn't do any of what you mentioned, calling anyone a POS human is a bridge too far for me, especially if the primary reason for thinking that is because the guy has been successful and plays for a rival sports team and who is in the entertainment business.

But even on that basis, the question I'd ask is, if player X played for the Vikings instead of team Y, would he still be viewed the same way? I remember so many Vikings fans hating Favre when he played for the Packers, and then loving Favre when he played for the Vikings. True, there were some who still hated him playing for the Vikings, but very few were so ideologically pure.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:02 pm
CharVike wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 am

Even if Rodgers didn't do any of what you mentioned, calling anyone a POS human is a bridge too far for me, especially if the primary reason for thinking that is because the guy has been successful and plays for a rival sports team and who is in the entertainment business.

But even on that basis, the question I'd ask is, if player X played for the Vikings instead of team Y, would he still be viewed the same way? I remember so many Vikings fans hating Favre when he played for the Packers, and then loving Favre when he played for the Vikings. True, there were some who still hated him playing for the Vikings, but very few were so ideologically pure.
It isn't because he plays for the Packers I think he is a POS. It is how he treats his family, teammates, and people around him.

The arrogant #### is on any other team but the Pack and he is the most hated player in the NFL.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Maybe I haven't read about him what you've read, but is it possible some of what is being said about Rodgers isn't accurate?

And you're honestly saying that if tomorrow the Vikes somehow acquired Rodgers and won the Superbowl this coming season, you'd still feel the same way about him even if everything you read was true?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:15 pm Maybe I haven't read about him what you've read, but is it possible some of what is being said about Rodgers isn't accurate?

And you're honestly saying that if tomorrow the Vikes somehow acquired Rodgers and won the Superbowl this coming season, you'd still feel the same way about him even if everything you read was true?
If he played for the Vikings and got his coach fired by losing games intentionally?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 pm
VikingLord wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:15 pm Maybe I haven't read about him what you've read, but is it possible some of what is being said about Rodgers isn't accurate?

If he played for the Vikings and got his coach fired by losing games intentionally?
He threw games. ok. That coach should have been fired. The entire FO should have been fired. A QB like him don't come along very often. You don't even need top WRs. Every WR that left never did anything. We haven't replaced Fran yet and that was what 40 years ago. He's a one man show. But a team needs to have some defense even with a great QB. Obviously Rodgers cares about winning, regardless of what some think. Maybe some of the other players need to care and the coaches. Stop riding the pig tail and do something to help. Rodgers also took a chump chain deal which helps his team. Ask for 90 million. If Jimmy "the great" Grapo gets what he gets then Rodgers is actually worth more than 90 million.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:33 am
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 pm

He threw games. ok. That coach should have been fired. The entire FO should have been fired. A QB like him don't come along very often. You don't even need top WRs. Every WR that left never did anything. We haven't replaced Fran yet and that was what 40 years ago. He's a one man show. But a team needs to have some defense even with a great QB. Obviously Rodgers cares about winning, regardless of what some think. Maybe some of the other players need to care and the coaches. Stop riding the pig tail and do something to help. Rodgers also took a chump chain deal which helps his team. Ask for 90 million. If Jimmy "the great" Grapo gets what he gets then Rodgers is actually worth more than 90 million.
What is this 90 million contract you speak of? He got a 134 million deal and squeezed every penny he could out of the Packers.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:55 am
CharVike wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:33 am
What is this 90 million contract you speak of? He got a 134 million deal and squeezed every penny he could out of the Packers.
Jimmy G gets 27 million a year. Rodgers should get 3 times that amount, 90 million a year, because he is 3 times the player at least. He took less for the team. That's what I was talking about. The coach for the Packers lost control of the team. They were horrible in 2017. Couldn't even get the team to play hard. They let us shut them out. The whole team laid down. Were was the great mind of his that game? Don't blame it on no QB they had his backup in there. At least score something. Win the game with a great coaching effort. He wasn't facing Don Shula. The guy let the Cardinals beat him this year. And he was fired. You have to fire the guy. So stating Rodgers basically threw games to get his coach fired is a dream. I think Rodgers wants to win badly. Without him it's a 4 win roster. With him they are a threat to any team because he wants to win. That's what your missing.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 pm
VikingLord wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:02 pm

It isn't because he plays for the Packers I think he is a POS. It is how he treats his family, teammates, and people around him.

The arrogant #### is on any other team but the Pack and he is the most hated player in the NFL.
You have no idea how he treats his family. Neither do the reporters. Are they staying with the family? He's got a brother who wants his name in the paper. That's a POS. Makes stuff up over jealousy. I read for the town he grew up in Rodgers donated one million of his own money. He got others involved to donate money. Millions. That was for the fires. He brother didn't do that.