Players Others Love But You Don't (Draft)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Players Others Love But You Don't (Draft)

Post by YikesVikes »

Hey guys. I was thinking about the Draft and it coming up. I have one player that I hope we skip at 18 but everyone seems to love. That's Dillard. Based on my tape review, he has elite movement skills but he doesn't actually block guys. He gets in their way and hand fights. I don't think that will transfer to the next level very well.

Who is a player that everyone likes but you want no part of?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Players Others Love But You Don't (Draft)

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:51 pm Hey guys. I was thinking about the Draft and it coming up. I have one player that I hope we skip at 18 but everyone seems to love. That's Dillard. Based on my tape review, he has elite movement skills but he doesn't actually block guys. He gets in their way and hand fights. I don't think that will transfer to the next level very well.

Good thread! Mine is Greg Little. The athleticism just isn’t there. He tends to be lazy or doesn’t play until the whistle. I just can’t tolerate another unathletic offensive tackle. I personally think he’s going to fall to the 2nd round. I just hope to god we don’t reach on him at 18. There are so many other OL prospects that will be available that are much better value than him. It does worry me that we’ve met with him multiple times. I hope it amounts to nothing.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:43 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:51 pm Hey guys. I was thinking about the Draft and it coming up. I have one player that I hope we skip at 18 but everyone seems to love. That's Dillard. Based on my tape review, he has elite movement skills but he doesn't actually block guys. He gets in their way and hand fights. I don't think that will transfer to the next level very well.

Good thread! Mine is Greg Little. The athleticism just isn’t there. He tends to be lazy or doesn’t play until the whistle. I just can’t tolerate another unathletic offensive tackle. I personally think he’s going to fall to the 2nd round. I just hope to god we don’t reach on him at 18. There are so many other OL prospects that will be available that are much better value than him. It does worry me that we’ve met with him multiple times. I hope it amounts to nothing.
The hype for him has fallen a bit. I didn't like any of what I saw. Looked slow footed and lazy. This much we agree on.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Another is Josh Jacobs. The guy rushed for nothing the first few weeks of the season and is regarded as the best back in football. I was enthralled seeing him play but..I bet he goes 3rd out of RBs. I'm hoping to select one in the 6th like Henderson or Hill.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm Another is Josh Jacobs. The guy rushed for nothing the first few weeks of the season and is regarded as the best back in football. I was enthralled seeing him play but..I bet he goes 3rd out of RBs. I'm hoping to select one in the 6th like Henderson or Hill.
Yeah we definitely need a number 2 RB but there will be great value in the 4th-6th rounds. We can hold off there if we want
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I don't really have a specific player, I won't pretend to be an expert on what college offensive linemen would make good pros like some, but I don't want an OT who only plays OT in the first, IF that means moving Reiff to LG. We have been down that road before.

If we draft a LT and he replaces Reiff and we draft a starting LG, that is fine.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:39 am
YikesVikes wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm Another is Josh Jacobs. The guy rushed for nothing the first few weeks of the season and is regarded as the best back in football. I was enthralled seeing him play but..I bet he goes 3rd out of RBs. I'm hoping to select one in the 6th like Henderson or Hill.
Yeah we definitely need a number 2 RB but there will be great value in the 4th-6th rounds. We can hold off there if we want
PA feels Boone is that #2. Since I believe the front office sometimes feeds him things to win over the fans on an idea, that could mean the Vikings believe they are set at 2.

On the other hand, if this is just a PA opinion and he has no inside information it means nothing. When he talks about it, it feels like something he was fed though.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:40 am

PA feels Boone is that #2. Since I believe the front office sometimes feeds him things to win over the fans on an idea, that could mean the Vikings believe they are set at 2.

On the other hand, if this is just a PA opinion and he has no inside information it means nothing. When he talks about it, it feels like something he was fed though.
I like Boone. He's definitely a change of pace over Cook.
I really wish they'd get Ham involved more. Whenever he has the chance he makes a play.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:40 am

They should add a RB for sure, but it doesn't need to be an early pick. I see taking a RB and a TE or two in the 5th, 6th, 7th. I kind of like Isaac Nauta as a TE who might be available late because he doesn't have very good athletic testing numbers, but he has size, fluidity, and blocks well.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I do not like Irv Smith Jr.

A terrible combine performance. He fell down on nearly every catch (or drop--does not track well), which is odd against air. Go back and look at his game tape and he is also very often falling down while making the catch in games, even with no one around him.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

NFLN did a mock draft last night and had us taking Little.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:15 pm

NFLN did a mock draft last night and had us taking Little.
Yeah I saw that. I mean I don’t know the more they talked about him on there they didn’t seem concerned. It kind of eased my mind a bit but I’m still worried if we take him
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:17 am I do not like Irv Smith Jr.

A terrible combine performance. He fell down on nearly every catch (or drop--does not track well), which is odd against air. Go back and look at his game tape and he is also very often falling down while making the catch in games, even with no one around him.
oh no! I hope you are wrong :smilevike: