2019 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings In-House Free Agents and Cut/Trade Tracker

Post by CharVike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 am
S197 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:31 pm

He does some great things but he's also never had to deal with a 80+ million, 100% guaranteed, no trade clause contract. Tough choices are going to have to be made eventually. You can kick the can down the road a little but you only have so many arrows in your quiver.
I will be beyond shocked if Rudolph and Griffen are on the team next season. That will help, and I really wonder how much time Rhodes has here too. It will be a very interesting off season after 2019.
I don't know how Rudy makes our team this year. He might be the most over paid guy in the NFL. He must have some pictures or something on somebody. Just a joke. So it will be the same old BS again. A TE that lacks any movement. I think we need to change.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CharVike wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:48 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 am
I will be beyond shocked if Rudolph and Griffen are on the team next season. That will help, and I really wonder how much time Rhodes has here too. It will be a very interesting off season after 2019.
I don't know how Rudy makes our team this year. He might be the most over paid guy in the NFL. He must have some pictures or something on somebody. Just a joke. So it will be the same old BS again. A TE that lacks any movement. I think we need to change.
I agree. Tye fact that he isn't willing to restructure says a lot too. I'm guessing he will be dealt but that is a lot of money for someone to have to pay for a rental.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:51 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:48 pm
I agree. Tye fact that he isn't willing to restructure says a lot too. I'm guessing he will be dealt but that is a lot of money for someone to have to pay for a rental.
I disagree. Check out the contracts given to free agent TEs. Rudy isn't overpaid at all. As for restructuring I'm sure he will if the Vikings make it worth his while.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thinking about converting this into the 2019 General Season thread that normally contains a lot of this stuff. That make sense to anyone else?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Cliff wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 am Thinking about converting this into the 2019 General Season thread that normally contains a lot of this stuff. That make sense to anyone else?
Knock yourself out.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Amazing that during all of the back and forth bickering that no one mentioned that Kendricks restructured his contract so that we could sign Bradbury.
Idk. There is no news on this board anymore, just the same four people going back and forth. I don't know what to do. I love it here but that whole routine gets so tired.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am Amazing that during all of the back and forth bickering that no one mentioned that Kendricks restructured his contract so that we could sign Bradbury.
Idk. There is no news on this board anymore, just the same four people going back and forth. I don't know what to do. I love it here but that whole routine gets so tired.
I want to make something clear. Kendricks contract restructure was needed to sign Bradbury so that was great, however Kendricks didn't give up a penny and actually got more money now which is always better than more money later. The Vikings did Kendricks a favor.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am
PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am Amazing that during all of the back and forth bickering that no one mentioned that Kendricks restructured his contract so that we could sign Bradbury.
I want to make something clear. Kendricks contract restructure was needed to sign Bradbury so that was great, however Kendricks didn't give up a penny and actually got more money now which is always better than more money later. The Vikings did Kendricks a favor.
I agree. It was a good move for everyone.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am
I agree. It was a good move for everyone.
Actually I posted it yesterday but did it under the Rudolph thread. I should done it here. That's on me
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2019 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

Post by halfgiz »

@DailyNorseman
5h
On his radio show on Thursday, #Vikings play-by-play voice Paul Allen speculated that cornerback Mike Hughes might not be ready to go for Week 1 of the regular season as he’s still rehabbing his torn ACL from last year. #NFL #Skol (h/t @SeanBoarMan) dailynorseman.com/2019/5/23/1863…

Not really a surprise...everybody is different on how fast they heal.
It hasn't even been a year.
Last edited by halfgiz on Thu May 23, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

No OTA thread so I'll just post this here..

Sean Borman

Mike Zimmer said on KFAN’s #92Noon that #Vikings DT Hercules Mata’afa has “been the surprise of camp” so far.

Zimmer reporter Mata’afa is now up to 275 pounds and at times has reminded him of 7-time Pro Bowler Geno Atkins, who he coached in Cincinnati.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:58 pm No OTA thread so I'll just post this here..

Sean Borman

Mike Zimmer said on KFAN’s #92Noon that #Vikings DT Hercules Mata’afa has “been the surprise of camp” so far.

Zimmer reporter Mata’afa is now up to 275 pounds and at times has reminded him of 7-time Pro Bowler Geno Atkins, who he coached in Cincinnati.
Hercules is such an easy player to cheer for. I hope he can turn into a legit NFL player.
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

He has such a cool name. Good for him!
Ready for Halloween
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Passepartout wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:40 pm He has such a cool name. Good for him!
If he makes the team, they better play a clip of Eddie Murphy saying "Hercules! Hercules!"
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 pm
Passepartout wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:40 pm He has such a cool name. Good for him!
If he makes the team, they better play a clip of Eddie Murphy saying "Hercules! Hercules!"
Something that hasn't been mentioned regarding the possibility of Hercules making the 53. How many DTs are we likely to carry? Joseph, Stephen, and Hercules would make three. If we carry 4 that would mean cutting Johnson or Holmes unless we swing one out to DE than that would have it's own implications. If we cut Holmes it's a $548 K dead cap hit. If we cut Johnson it's a $339K dead cap hit. Anybody good at the 53 man thing want to chime in?