Decision 2020: Fire, Extend or Wait Edition

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Decision 2020: Fire, Extend or Wait Edition

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:00 pm
I proved that you would question your own football acumen if it meant arguing a decision the Vikings have made. That, or you are so far in denial you apparently don't even remember how you felt about a Vikings starting QB just a little over one year ago.

It is fine to think Case sucks now. Some of us saw the flaws in his game all along, but most were fooled. It isn't fine to go after a poster for having that exact same take.

If Cousins has an MVP season and wins the Super Bowl, would it be okay for me to come on here and call someone dumb for thinking he was an overpaid, slightly above average QB before the season? Or would that make me a hypocrit?

My phone changes it to that btw, but thanks for pointing it out.
That’s not what I was pointing out but let’s not get too defensive here.

And I saw Case’s flaws as well. Go back and look at my posts. Following the season, I remember specifically making posts about case and how I didn’t trust him. I was saying that PRIOR to us signing cousins. Yeah days after the nfc championship I thought higher of him but my opinion of him quickly changed. I said multiple times that you never know what case you’re going to get or if he could continue the string of luck he was on. So don’t try and sit there and claim I’m just siding with cousins because we signed him and let case walk. I was pushing for cousins when I knew he was hitting the market and wanted case gone.

I posted all of this prior to free agency starting that year:
I’m not opposed to that either. Everyone says “teddy didn’t get to play with a good OL, WRs and RB”. Well neither did Bradford and Bradford is a better pure QB. If we’re willing to give a guy that hasn’t played in two years and nearly lost his leg a shot I’m not opposed to giving Bradford a shot if the price is right. I’m definitely all for Cousins, then probably Case but Bradford is a close second
I still take Cousins over Keenum though. Depending on what they command I’d pay 5 mill more to have cousins than Keenum. And again Keenum could easily be a product of shurmurs system. I love Case and Hes my 2nd option but cousins trumps him any day
I mean Case is no doubt my second option behind Cousins. Mainly because yes, Cousins has a higher ceiling. ALSO, this has been Case's only good year in the league. So with Shurmur gone, it does make me nervous. Because Case very well could have been a product of that system. Maybe not though? Who knows. But if we are considering tagging Case or only throwing him $5 mill less than Cousins, just go after Cousins
That is definitely my second option but if we are going to throw $25 mill at Case, I'd just rather throw $30 at Cousins instead.
As for what QBs to look at, Foles could be just as much of a fluke as Case. I really dont trust Foles anymore than I do Keenum.
And what makes you so confident in Case Keenum? He could easily be a product of Shurmurs system. He’s my second choice but I still take Cousins any day of the week over him
....all said a month prior to us even signing Kirk cousins. The only time I was really “defending” case was when guys wanted to keep teddy over him because I don’t think teddy is a very talented QB at all. Outside of that, I wanted case gone if we had a shot at cousins.

So again, you still proved nothing.
I am confused, how does this disprove that you essentially called your own post stupid?

I get that you liked Cousins more than Case. At the exact same price, Cousins has Case beat by quite a bit. Anyone can see that. My fear going into FAs though, was that we'd get in a bidding war with bottom feeders with endless cap space for him, and in that scenario, Case would have been a better option.

We got into that bidding war, got him at a slightly less record breaking contract than the bottom feeder Jets were willing to give(because they are the Jets), and overpaid.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Decision 2020: Fire, Extend or Wait Edition

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 am

That’s not what I was pointing out but let’s not get too defensive here.

And I saw Case’s flaws as well. Go back and look at my posts. Following the season, I remember specifically making posts about case and how I didn’t trust him. I was saying that PRIOR to us signing cousins. Yeah days after the nfc championship I thought higher of him but my opinion of him quickly changed. I said multiple times that you never know what case you’re going to get or if he could continue the string of luck he was on. So don’t try and sit there and claim I’m just siding with cousins because we signed him and let case walk. I was pushing for cousins when I knew he was hitting the market and wanted case gone.

I posted all of this prior to free agency starting that year:

....all said a month prior to us even signing Kirk cousins. The only time I was really “defending” case was when guys wanted to keep teddy over him because I don’t think teddy is a very talented QB at all. Outside of that, I wanted case gone if we had a shot at cousins.

So again, you still proved nothing.
I am confused, how does this disprove that you essentially called your own post stupid?

I get that you liked Cousins more than Case. At the exact same price, Cousins has Case beat by quite a bit. Anyone can see that. My fear going into FAs though, was that we'd get in a bidding war with bottom feeders with endless cap space for him, and in that scenario, Case would have been a better option.

We got into that bidding war, got him at a slightly less record breaking contract than the bottom feeder Jets were willing to give(because they are the Jets), and overpaid.
I disagreed with my own opinion that I said over a year and a half ago. Wtf are you trying to prove dude? I’ve said a million times opinions change. So yeah I called my own post stupid. So what? Like get over it.

The initial post was me raving about case shortly after the 2017 season. Those posts above showed that I was quickly off the case bandwagon when cousins became available. The main reason I defended case initially is because I didn’t know what would happen with cousins and I didn’t want to keep teddy, because I don’t think he’s a good QB and gets all this praise for essentially doing nothing. Those posts also show that I’ve been consistent with cousins from the start.

Either way, I don’t know why you’re so hell bent on me disagreeing with my own post from so long ago. You’re beating a dead horse dude
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri