NFL Draft 2019 Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

NFL Draft 2019 Discussion

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Figured I would start a draft thread here. I did this same thing last year and posted everyone we've currently visited with according to Walter Football. Probably the only reason I like this site is because of this feature. I will keep this updated each week until the draft.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.

Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State (COM)
Derrick Baity, CB, Kentucky (EW)
Cody Barton, OLB, Utah (EW)
Jackson Barton, OT, Utah (EW)
Andrew Beck, FB/TE, Texas (EW)
Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri (EW)
Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota (LOC)
L.J. Collier, DE/3-4DE, TCU (PRI)
Ryan Connelly, OLB, Wisconsin (PRI)
Nate Davis, OT, Charlotte (PRI)
Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (COM)
Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma (COM)
Lamont Gaillard^, G, Georgia (EW, COM)
Luke Gifford, ILB, Nebraska (PRI)
Donnell Greene, OT, Minnesota (LOC)
Robbie Grimsley, S, North Dakota State (LOC)
Terrill Hanks^, OLB, New Mexico State (PRO, PRI)
Amani Hooker, S, Iowa (PRI)
Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State (PRI)
Michael Jordan, G/C, Ohio State (COM)
Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College (COM)
Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss (COM)
Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State (PRI)
Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas (COM)
Devine Ozigbo^, RB, Nebraska (EW, PRI)
Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls (EW)
Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State (EW)
Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State (COM)
Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina (SR)
Bunchy Stallings, G, Kentucky (EW)
Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M (PRI)
Sione Takitaki, OLB, Brigham Young (EW)
Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon (EW)
Brian Wallace, OT, Arkansas (EW)

.....Noticing a lot of offensive lineman and a lot of TE's. I think we're definitely going after both positions hard.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: NFL Draft 2019 Discussion

Post by StumpHunter »

Not one DT talked to despite it appearing to be the most obvious need on defense. As solid as Stephon is against the run, the Vikings didn't sign him last year for a reason. Either it is a smokescreen or they like someone else currently on the roster.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think there is a very real chance they take Chris Lindstrom at 18.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 pm I think there is a very real chance they take Chris Lindstrom at 18.
I would love that pick
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:53 pm Not one DT talked to despite it appearing to be the most obvious need on defense. As solid as Stephon is against the run, the Vikings didn't sign him last year for a reason. Either it is a smokescreen or they like someone else currently on the roster.
Could be someone on the roster. Jalyn Holmes was a 4th round pick that is more of a pass rushing type than a run stuffer. Could very well be him
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 am
Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 pm I think there is a very real chance they take Chris Lindstrom at 18.
I would love that pick
I think he's going to be a great player for a long time so I agree.
mael·strom

WallytheVike
Practice Squad

Post by WallytheVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:09 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 am

I would love that pick
To bad we don't have a 2nd round pick he might of been there.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

WallytheVike wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:19 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:09 pm

To bad we don't have a 2nd round pick he might of been there.
As far as I know we do have a second round pick. I doubt he lasts that long though.
mael·strom

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:53 pm Not one DT talked to despite it appearing to be the most obvious need on defense. As solid as Stephon is against the run, the Vikings didn't sign him last year for a reason. Either it is a smokescreen or they like someone else currently on the roster.
The Vikings didn't sign him last year because he signed with Seattle. It's called free agency. He started in '16, then was moved to a reserve role in '17. So he took the opportunity to start with Seattle.

It's inaccurate to say the Vikings didn't want him. Zimmer loves him. Stephen wanted to start, which he did with Seattle. He's not the second coming of Aaron Donald, but he's not garbage, either.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'll just go ahead and say it.

I doubt he drops to 18, but I want T.J. Hockenson. The guy is an animal. Colin Cowherd (I know, I know ... Cow Turd, but anyway) says he's the closest thing to Gronk in the college ranks right now, and I agree. Excellent pass catcher, nasty nasty blocker. I've seen him bury defensive ends and linebackers on running plays. He'd help in every area of the game, and actually would be great in 2-TE sets with Rudolph. Hockenson can get down the field, while Rudy can handle the short stuff.

I know we need interior O-linemen. But dang this guy can play. I live in Iowa and watched him play. He's the real deal. Just don't think he's going to last until 18.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm I'll just go ahead and say it.

I doubt he drops to 18, but I want T.J. Hockenson. The guy is an animal. Colin Cowherd (I know, I know ... Cow Turd, but anyway) says he's the closest thing to Gronk in the college ranks right now, and I agree. Excellent pass catcher, nasty nasty blocker. I've seen him bury defensive ends and linebackers on running plays. He'd help in every area of the game, and actually would be great in 2-TE sets with Rudolph. Hockenson can get down the field, while Rudy can handle the short stuff.

I know we need interior O-linemen. But dang this guy can play. I live in Iowa and watched him play. He's the real deal. Just don't think he's going to last until 18.
I don't think he'll be around either but could see them going TE. What are your thoughts on Fant? He's the athletic freak archetype Rick likes a lot. Some have him pegged as a 1st round pick but I can see him dropping due to his rawness.
WallytheVike
Practice Squad

Post by WallytheVike »

I like your thinking J Kapp. He's the one guy I'd consider grabbing before taking a O-lineman. Hockenson would be a great addition to bad we let the O-line go for so long.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Dont be surprised if New England somehow lands him with Gronk retiring. But I do like Hockenson alot as well. I've always said, I hope we dont just walk in there having OL goggles on and still go with BPA. If a guy like Hockenson is there somehow and a few OL are off the board, it's hard to pass up. I said the same thing regarding Montez Sweat.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:59 am
Could be someone on the roster. Jalyn Holmes was a 4th round pick that is more of a pass rushing type than a run stuffer. Could very well be him
Holmes could be the guy. Not bad him and Stephon rotate. As some have stated no team is stacked at every position,
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm

I don't think he'll be around either but could see them going TE. What are your thoughts on Fant? He's the athletic freak archetype Rick likes a lot. Some have him pegged as a 1st round pick but I can see him dropping due to his rawness.
Fant is probably the better athlete of the two (although TJ is no slouch). He's got serious run, jump, catch, etc. ability. If Hockenson weren't available, I wouldn't be upset at selecting Fant. He's definitely projected for the first round, ranked second to Hockenson by most scouts.

On the downside, he's had some injuries, and he's nowhere near the blocker Hockenson is.

On a side note ... it's baffling how Iowa managed to be so barely-above-average with those two guys on the same team.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.