Burfict

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Burfict

Post by fiestavike »

I know many hate this kind of post, and I know the former Bengal='Zimmer guy' trope is tired, but...I think the missing ingredient from this defense is that roughneck player who can add some intimidation to this unit. The guy who is going to get his moneys worth on a 15 yard penalty. The Corey Fuller, who brings a bit of nasty attitude. The MLB who can be a thumper in the run game. Burfict may have a pretty small market, but I'd be interested a the right price...I haven't watched any Bengals games in a while so I'm not sure he's the guy he used to be, but...I can't help it. Its speculation season, and I'm speculating.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Burfict

Post by mansquatch »

My questions is does he bring much reward over a player like Kendricks who is great in our scheme AND doesn't have all the baggage?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mansquatch wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:38 pm My questions is does he bring much reward over a player like Kendricks who is great in our scheme AND doesn't have all the baggage?
I certainly wouldn't bring him in to replace Kendricks, though perhaps to push Kendricks to the weakside in base. Indirectly, he'd be replacing Ben Gedeon.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I have always liked Vontaze Burfict, the football player. He's hard-nosed and instinctive. He's a natural at football. If the Zimmer sees a fit for him on this defense, I'm 100% for it. I'll trust Zimmer in that because you can't shy away from the fact that he's known for being a dirty player and that's just the fact of the matter.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Signed by the Raiders; seems about right.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Raiders are gonna have a tough squad. It's a tough division, but I like what they're doing.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:05 pm Raiders are gonna have a tough squad. It's a tough division, but I like what they're doing.
Totally agree. I think it is very interesting how they are building up that team. Mayock and Gruden will have a lot of success imo.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:10 am
PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:05 pm Raiders are gonna have a tough squad. It's a tough division, but I like what they're doing.
Totally agree. I think it is very interesting how they are building up that team. Mayock and Gruden will have a lot of success imo.
They could use Trae Waynes, Everson Griffen, and Kyle Rudolph...They'd be even better with those pieces in place!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:53 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:10 am

They could use Trae Waynes, Everson Griffen, and Kyle Rudolph...They'd be even better with those pieces in place!
I could definitely see a trade for Waynes IF Mayock didn't value his picks so much.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.