Yikes Vikes 1st On the Clock Draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Yikes Vikes 1st On the Clock Draft

Post by YikesVikes »

18: R1P18 G CODY FORD - OKLAHOMA
56: R2P24 DL DEXTER LAWRENCE - CLEMSON
80: R3P16 G CHRIS LINDSTROM - BOSTON COLLEGE
81: R3P17 C GARRETT BRADBURY - NC STATE
95: R3P31 CB SAIVION SMITH - ALABAMA
120: R4P18 EDGE SHAREEF MILLER - PENN STATE
190: R6P17 TE JACE STERNBERGER - TEXAS A&M
209: R6P36 LB JEFF ALLISON - FRESNO STATE
247: R7P33 CB MARK FIELDS - CLEMSON
250: R7P36 QB TRACE MCSORLEY - PENN STATE

Notes: Traded back from 18 to 24 w/ NWE. Got 9th pick in 3rd round to do so. Pats took m Targeted WR Hakeem Butler with the pick.
Traded 9th pick in 3rd round to Browns for pick 16 and 31 in that round. Browns took Debo Samuels. In all I turned the Pats extra pick into Chris Lindstom and Savion Smith.

Our Oline in my world would be:
Oniel - Pat - Bradbury - Lindstrom - Ford
Reiff can be traded/cut or can act as a backup in case of injury. if he outplays any of these guys, so be it.
* There was a run on Lbs in the first and 2nd, so I went Lawrence who can play both the 3 and NT but is probably a better NT.
* Cody Ford and Hakeem Butler are my MCMs in this draft. If we get them both, I will never say anything bad about Rick Spielman every again.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Yikes Vikes 1st On the Clock Draft

Post by halfgiz »

I like Cody Ford in the 1st...If there is a OL pick in the first available they want, we need to go for it.
Not sure Lindstrom and Bradberry will still be around that late.
Overall not a bad mock.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Would love this draft but no way we take 3 OL in our first 4 picks IMO.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Was Blankenship available in the 6th or 7th? Him I would draft. Dude has been money his entire college career.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:37 am Would love this draft but no way we take 3 OL in our first 4 picks IMO.
I went best player available. After today's showing, forget about Bradbury being there in the 3rd. He's a first rounder now :evil:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am Was Blankenship available in the 6th or 7th? Him I would draft. Dude has been money his entire college career.
Rather we sign Matt Bryant
Tavern_Wino
Practice Squad

Post by Tavern_Wino »

Cody Ford will go before 18 in my opinion. Vikings would have to trade up if they truly wanted him.
Boomer Sooner
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

No way the center lasts that long

I just hope we get two our three
improvements via free agency,
and the draft ..I think we got maybe
one year or two and our window will
be closed again, especially with the
Bears moving up ...plus Saints, Rams
and Chiefs being real tough
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

No way the center lasts that long

I just hope we get two our three
improvements via free agency,
and the draft ..I think we got maybe
one year or two and our window will
be closed again, especially with the
Bears moving up ...plus Saints, Rams
and Chiefs being real tough
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

YikesVikes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:05 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am Was Blankenship available in the 6th or 7th? Him I would draft. Dude has been money his entire college career.
How old is Bryant? He's been around for a while hasn't he?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Tavern_Wino wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 pm Cody Ford will go before 18 in my opinion. Vikings would have to trade up if they truly wanted him.
He's probably a guard and that is a deep position this year, so he might still be there at 18. Dillard and Taylor will be long gone by 18.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:40 am
YikesVikes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:05 pm

How old is Bryant? He's been around for a while hasn't he?
44 and still kicking. Guys legit.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

BPA by Rick's board is the way to go. I don't see a top flight OL slipping to 18. Many teams have OL problems. But we have many holes on offense. Yes the OL sucks. But we don't have a 3rd WR. We have two good starters no doubt. But who is number 3? I can't even think of him. I wouldn't over look TE either. We need some O play makers. Not sure if a guy like that slips to 18. This Metcalf guy has unbelievable physical skills but is he a great BALL athlete or route runner. If he is he won't be there either. So I hope they go BPA regardless of position. If not it's a reach for greater need. Even a DL either end or tackle would work.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:51 am BPA by Rick's board is the way to go. I don't see a top flight OL slipping to 18. Many teams have OL problems. But we have many holes on offense. Yes the OL sucks. But we don't have a 3rd WR. We have two good starters no doubt. But who is number 3? I can't even think of him. I wouldn't over look TE either. We need some O play makers. Not sure if a guy like that slips to 18. This Metcalf guy has unbelievable physical skills but is he a great BALL athlete or route runner. If he is he won't be there either. So I hope they go BPA regardless of position. If not it's a reach for greater need. Even a DL either end or tackle would work.
We will have plenty of options at OL, DL and LB when it’s our pick.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Well since hopefully the Vikings front office will be concentrating on the OL this offseason. Let's have a discuss on the consensus top 5 OL in the draft this year.

1. Jonah Williams (Alabama):

Probably the most polish of this years class. Ready to start immediately. Good technician. Mirrors DL really well. IMO probably best suited for LT, short but makes up for it with good punch and light feet.

2. Cody Ford (OK):

Best guard of these 5 guys. Heavy hands, Great punch at initial contact with DL. Too slow to set the edge.

3. Jawaan Taylor (FL):

Most overrated. Another big body like Phil Loadholt. Good against the run, but lining up against K Mack, he'll get eaten alive.

4. Greg Little (Ole Miss):

Another horrible (P) word player. Potential. Most athletic of the bunch. Also needs the most work. Given the right coaching, might turn out the be the best of the bunch.

5. Andre Dillard (WA St):

Rounded OL. Nothing really stand out about him. Might be able to squeeze a couple of years out of him. Probably let go after rookie contract expires. Pac12 guy, hard to trust them after Matt Khalil debacle.

Williams and Ford are the 2 guys I'm hold my breath for at 19.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!