Joe Flacco a Viking?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Joe Flacco a Viking?

Post by Purplepain2018 »

Now, obviously this is just mere speculation but I got to thinking what if Joe Flacco somehow could become a Viking next year? I was listening to John Harbaugh's post game press conference today after their loss to the Chargers and he was saying that going forward that the Ravens are going with Lamar Jackson and saying that he(Harbaugh) would be cheering for Flacco wherever he ends up playing next year.

I believe one thing that led to Cousins poor play(in big games) was that he knew that no matter how bad he played that he was not getting pulled or benched for two reasons. First, obviously his monstrous 84 million guaranteed contract and second, he did not have anyone behind him who he knew he would get benched for. Trevor Siemian or Kyle Sloter was no threat to Cousins and he knew it. He didn't have anyone in practice or as a backup that he felt could take his job away from him. I feel that Cousins contract going forward could start to be a problem. What happens next year if he starts to play really bad again and the Zimmer won't pull him because he makes too much money and he knows that management will not stand for Cousins sitting on the bench. Pay close attention to this next year.

If the Vikings were to add Flacco the Vikings get instant credibility with Flacco because he has experience, he has won a Super Bowl and he is somewhat mobile. Another plus, is that Flacco could be the motivation for Cousins to play better if he believes that he now has some on the bench who can take his starting job away from him.

I know it is pretty far fetched, but something to think about.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Joe Flacco a Viking?

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

So let me get this straight.

You wanna get rid of a 28-year-old immobile quarterback for a 33-year-old immobile quarterback who lost his job to a guy who can't throw.

Well, that sounds about right. :roll:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Dude Flacco is signed through 2020 or 2021 for well over 20M a year or something. They could cut him and free up a big portion of that but Cousins contract is fully guarenteed at 28M a year.

We don’t have cap room for that
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm So let me get this straight.

You wanna get rid of a 28-year-old immobile quarterback for a 33-year-old immobile quarterback who lost his job to a guy who can't throw.

Now that there is funny and the best incinerated rebuke of a post I’ve seen all year. 😂
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm So let me get this straight.

Kapp.... WELL PLAYED Sir !!! That is all that needs to be said. :appl:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Haha yeah pretty sure we aren’t just signing Flacco 1 year after giving cousins a big deal. Plus he’s just as immobile and way older like Kapp said
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This thread is going nowhere fast.