Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Mothman wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pmYes the one in OT. They not only stopped him at least a foot short, he fumbled the ball and then recovered a yard back.
Another "Pearson pushed" moment for the Vikes. :(
Purple Must Reign you remember the plays also. I didn't do a real great job in my original post because i started re-living it all and getting mad again.
And yes Jim that is one of the plays I was meaning. It was Pierre Thomas. He went up over the pile and did get the 1st down, but he fumbled, then the ball was recovered BEHIND the LOS . They reviewed it and still gave the Saints the 1st down.
And another was , as I said , the play on 4th down when the rec fell, Leber was behind him a few yards, and they called a P.I. on Leber, once again robbing us of a possession change. That was just calls that allowed the Saints to be in the position to be able to hang stay in contention for the win.
Yes we had the turnovers , and mistakes, but without the calls that went against us we would have won the game.
Now Favre's ankle was about destroyed, so who knows how effective he would have been in the SB. It was just the fact that we go hosed so badly that still irks me. But, I'm still alive haha.
Didn't mean to come across as a butthole earlier.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
GermanViking29
Rookie

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by GermanViking29 »

The back up comes in again, after garden playing all year and wins a playoff game.
So effing stupid
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Not the Bears.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

My best friend and hunting buddy is a huge Bears fan. I just welcomed him to the last second kicker fail club
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The answer is ... NOT THE BEARS.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Hey Cody Parkey, I'm guessing somebody out there has Blair Walsh's number. You should shoot him a text. Maybe you guys could get together for coffee.

Bwahahahahahahaha!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I watched the Bears-Eagles game, as ugly as much of it was. When the Bears drove the field and lined up to kick, I had this familiar feeling as the announcers mentioned his hitting the posts so many times this season. Then the TO, then the kick that counts and the sound.... BONK! Doink! the dude hit the side post AND the under post? I had a belly laugh just take over. I guess misery loves company. Chicago: you should have just let us win so you could OWN us at Soldier field!

I really like Nick Foles; his ability to play well on 3rd down and in pressure games seems to be the opposite of Cousins. I wish we had him.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:32 am I watched the Bears-Eagles game, as ugly as much of it was. When the Bears drove the field and lined up to kick, I had this familiar feeling as the announcers mentioned his hitting the posts so many times this season. Then the TO, then the kick that counts and the sound.... BONK! Doink! the dude hit the side post AND the under post? I had a belly laugh just take over. I guess misery loves company. Chicago: you should have just let us win so you could OWN us at Soldier field!
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet they regret the integrity they showed in beating the Vikes in a meaningless game now that they didn't get the Vikes to beat up at Soldier Field.

What a painful way to lose. If the angle of the ball was just a little different and it had bounced off the crossbar in the other direction, the Bears would have moved on to the next round.
I really like Nick Foles; his ability to play well on 3rd down and in pressure games seems to be the opposite of Cousins. I wish we had him.
He certainly seems to come up big in important games and moments.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Are fans in Chicago kicking themselves for that? What's the overall feeling up there? I thought the Bears had a chance to do something in the post season, but the Eagles match up with them really well and they have the experience that the Bears lack.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:25 am Are fans in Chicago kicking themselves for that? What's the overall feeling up there?

So far, the main reactions I've seen/heard from Bears fans have been disappointment with the loss (obviously), frustration with their kicker and an overall feeling that the season clearly went far better than expected and, despite the loss, they're a team on the rise.

Fans are seriously frustrated wth Parkey, although there are stories everywhere this morning saying his miss at the end of last night's game may have been tipped by Eagles defender Treyvon Hester. However, he missed too many kicks this season and hit the uprights an unusual number of times so a lot of Chicago fans understandably want Parkey gone. I feel bad for the guy if last night's miss was tipped because that means he may have hit it just fine. It was obviously close so just a slight change in trajectory might have been the difference between "good" and "out of the playoffs".
I thought the Bears had a chance to do something in the post season, but the Eagles match up with them really well and they have the experience that the Bears lack.
I agree. The Eagles may be a wild card team but they're the defending champs and they've played well lately. They have a real shot to go the distance again.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:38 am
Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:25 am Are fans in Chicago kicking themselves for that? What's the overall feeling up there?

So far, the main reactions I've seen/heard from Bears fans have been disappointment with the loss (obviously), frustration with their kicker and an overall feeling that the season clearly went far better than expected and, despite the loss, they're a team on the rise.

Fans are seriously frustrated wth Parkey, although there are stories everywhere this morning saying his miss at the end of last night's game may have been tipped by Eagles defender Treyvon Hester. However, he missed too many kicks this season and hit the uprights an unusual number of times so a lot of Chicago fans understandably want Parkey gone. I feel bad for the guy if last night's miss was tipped because that means he may have hit it just fine. It was obviously close so just a slight change in trajectory might have been the difference between "good" and "out of the playoffs".
I thought the Bears had a chance to do something in the post season, but the Eagles match up with them really well and they have the experience that the Bears lack.
I agree. The Eagles may be a wild card team but they're the defending champs and they've played well lately. They have a real shot to go the distance again.
They also hate Kirk Cousins. :lol:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

After this weekend's games I kinda feel like it's setting up for a Chargers/Saints Super Bowl. Chargers are my 2nd favorite team so there may be some bias there but the bolts are playing really well. Outside of letting the Ravens back in it yesterday there's not many holes to their game. How fitting would it be to see Rivers and Brees square off in the SB?!? Would be a great matchup!!!
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

NFL officially changed it to a blocked kick.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1082351677393522688

I had felt a little better that some other franchise had to suffer through bad kicking in a key moment, but I guess they get to chalk it up to a good play by Hester. Vikings still the only snake-bit team :)
Damian
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I'd like to see the Chiefs vrs cowboys. But more thamn likely it will be saints vrs pats and I won't watch it
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

It's all guess work...

I think it will be the Chiefs vs the Eagles or Rams with the Kansas City Chiefs taking it this year.

...wisdom?
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Rams vs. Cowboys game was a good illustration of how a team's running game can be successful because of smart offensive play calling (Rams), rather than powerful running and blocking (Cowboys).

CJ Anderson, a guy who was cut by several teams this year, gained massive yards on well-designed runs. I hope Stefanski was taking notes, because while we'd all love to see our OL look more like the Cowboys', the offensive scheming of the Rams might have just as much impact.

Also: anyone remember the story of how Sully got to the Rams? I hate seeing ex-Vikings O linemen flourishing elsewhere. It is just another reminder of how poorly we've managed the position.