Off season changes/ hirings & firings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Off season changes/ hirings & firings

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

TSonn wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:44 pm Yes they do have a very unique connection. They both are very well versed in the Art of the F... Bomb usage! :D
LOL! Yeah I guess Arians is kind of the offense (and offensive) version of Zimmer.
There ya go. Big Bruce could F bomb the Offenses #### and Zim the Defenses.. then we could could get a balanced game!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FWIW PA just said he has it on good authority that the Vikings won't be hiring Hue.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:12 pm
TSonn wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm

LOL! Yeah I guess Arians is kind of the offense (and offensive) version of Zimmer.
There ya go. Big Bruce could F bomb the Offenses #### and Zim the Defenses.. then we could could get a balanced game!!
You see why this is my dream combination. Media members would be required to drink a liter of water before press conferences just so they won't get dehydrated by all the saltiness from the coaching staff.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

mansquatch wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:09 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:12 pm

You see why this is my dream combination. Media members would be required to drink a liter of water before press conferences just so they won't get dehydrated by all the saltiness from the coaching staff.
And all sideline locker room audio would just be one long bleep!!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm FWIW PA just said he has it on good authority that the Vikings won't be hiring Hue.
I never wanted PA to be more right about something.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:30 pm
dead_poet wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm FWIW PA just said he has it on good authority that the Vikings won't be hiring Hue.
I never wanted PA to be more right about something.
Hah, me too. Wasnt there a few ramblings about Hue being able to help us a few weeks ago? He is one of the last people I want on this team. Just like Singletary when he was.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Need another Jerry Burns to get this thing steered in the right direction. :lol:

https://youtu.be/SNcBFZ26lcI

WARNING... NSFW Language
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Chris Mortenson just reported that Zim says Hue Jackson will not be our new OC. Also said that Stefanski's contract expires Tues, so we should know more about OC by then. I hope it is true Jackson won't get the job .
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Sounds like the Vikings could pass on Stefanski. Looking at Mike Mularkey....If Mularkey brings Russ Grimm with him, it could be a very good fit imo
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:09 pm Sounds like the Vikings could pass on Stefanski. Looking at Mike Mularkey....If Mularkey brings Russ Grimm with him, it could be a very good fit imo
Mike Mularkey will bring a lot more rushing to the Vikes attack. I dont think Cook can take the beating. Even with Murray spotting him. Might be time to look for a RB in the draft to go alongside with Cook. Murray is the kind of back that has to play the whole game, get enough carries, to be a real threat. And he just doesnt have the tools, quickness, speed, etc. of Cook.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Darren Wolfson
‏Verified account @DWolfsonKSTP
5h5 hours ago

Darren Wolfson Retweeted

I did NOT report this. I tweeted to @InfraRen citing what the @PioneerPress (C. Walters) is reporting. Please correct. I ran the Stefanski part by someone close to Kevin this a.m. & FWIW, he said, "I'm not aware of that." Kevin still under contract w/ #Vikings until Tues. https://twitter.com/vikingnations/statu ... 6609649665

Appears Mike Mularkey could just be Mularkey.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:57 pm Darren Wolfson
‏Verified account @DWolfsonKSTP
5h5 hours ago

Darren Wolfson Retweeted

I did NOT report this. I tweeted to @InfraRen citing what the @PioneerPress (C. Walters) is reporting. Please correct. I ran the Stefanski part by someone close to Kevin this a.m. & FWIW, he said, "I'm not aware of that." Kevin still under contract w/ #Vikings until Tues. https://twitter.com/vikingnations/statu ... 6609649665

Appears Mike Mularkey could just be Mularkey.
I like Mularkey... But I am willing to give Stefanski and chance. I'm ok either way as long as they bring in a proven and good OC coach. I really want Mike Tice.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Sounds like Dirk Koetter is in play for our OC position now. I think he'd make a good OC but might butt heads with Zimmer (like JDF) since he was quite pass-heavy in ATL.

We're at this weird spot where we just paid 84m for a QB but we have a coach who wants to feature running the ball.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Before I post this let me start by saying I have not heard or read this anywhere. But what would everyone think of McCarthy as the OC?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

akvikingsfan wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm Before I post this let me start by saying I have not heard or read this anywhere. But what would everyone think of McCarthy as the OC?
Im guessing someone offers him a HC job soon.