2018 Minnesota Vikings failed season.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2018 Minnesota Vikings failed season.

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:23 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 am
Bingo. People think we can draft guys and just plug them in. Sometimes that works but overall guys need a few seasons to get it. But this team won't challenge this year. The best hope would be for the Bears to be garbage again, Rodgers not to play and a cake walk schedule. We also need to stay healthy, Griff and Rhodes being monsters again. A rookie starting on the O line and playing decent. That will get us to 2017 again. But OH the breaks need to go our way and a few miracles would be nice also. Now it's 2017 again. Good luck with all of that going right. And the new OC we hired, Stan???, is an absolute worst hire there was. We haven't played a game and I know that's true. Yes Kubiak will help Sloter. That does zero for this year. I guess they will attempt to bang Cook into the ground and if Murray leaves who will spell Cook and fill in when he's out. Nobody. So Cousins will go down as a loser. What QB could take this roster to the SB? Brees? Nope. Brady? Nope. Rodgers? Nope. Rothlisberger? Nope. All losers I guess.
lol dude you lost me here. Some of your posts really just baffle me.....

1.) Idk why everyone drools over Rodgers. He just went 6-9-1 but somehow claimed to be the best in the game. And he's the highest paid QB in the NFL. He was outplayed by Cousins twice this year and IMO, lost both games, if we only had a kicker. The guy has been to and won ONE SB in like 12 years. Brady has 6 SBs but the media and fans drool over Rodgers? I dont get it. If you think we're going to somehow "not challenge" this year and we need Rodgers to not play, what do you possibly think the Packers are going to do? They have holes all over their roster and a completely new coaching staff. Coming off a 6 win season no less with the "almighty" one playing QB. Zim has had Rodgers number for quite some time now. The last thing I'm worried about is the Packers.

2.) Idk who Stan is but I just got done saying Stefanski is the one that pushed for Kubiak the most. How is he the absolute worst hire there was? You're the one saying we've barely played a game yet so how can you make that assumption? And who did you want us to hire? Because I've yet to hear that. Do you really think they brought in Gary Kubiak to "help Sloter"? Come on dude lets be realistic here.

3.) Why are you continuing to freak out over Cook being the only RB here and Murray leaving? Free agency hasnt even started yet and the draft is still over a month away. Do you expect them to just have their roster set right now? Clearly if they are losing Murray they are going to go get someone else.

And 4.) No, nobody expects that we will just bring some rookies and free agents in and walk to a SB. But explain to me how the Vikings went from 8-8 in 2016 to 13-3 the following year? Or how the Falcons went from 8-8 to the SB the following year. Or how the Bears went from 5-11 to 12-4 and winning the North? Or how the Eagles went from 7-9 to winning the SB the following year? Bottom line is, this team DOES HAVE the talent it NEEDS to contend. Those teams all had the talent they needed. It's about if they put it together as a TEAM though. Defense is playing at a high level, Offense is playing at a high level, ST is doing their job, etc. Anything can happen any year. It's not like we're the Jets and practically stripped of any talent. It's all about how we play as a TEAM. I mean the Eagles literally went from SB champions to barely making the playoffs this year (and literally wouldnt have if Daniel Carlson made that kick for us vs. GB). Anything can happen. And so far, we have made changes for the better as a team IMO
Cook is a dam good back. He has yet to prove he can stay healthy. That's why I worry. And I also like Murray. I also think they did bring Kubiak in to help Sloter. And when needed take Stephans spot if/when he craps the bed. I'm not looking it up but I think Rodgers has posted some good passing numbers on us. Yes only one SB win in 12 years isn't in Brady's area but it's still a SB win. I don't know how thats baffling. It's just my view. I can't explain 13-3 with the QB we had. Schedule, lack of injuries Shurmur?????
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:47 pm

One "bad" year from Rhodes and a down year from Elflein coming off an injury, and they are both done? I really dont understand your logic sometimes. If you were an NFL GM and gave up on guys so quickly like you are, you'd be out of a job awfully fast.
If you wait 3 years for a turn around your done also. How long can a GM wait on a guy. What if Elf blows this year? I guess it's best to wait another year. See that never ends and another player could get hurt badly from his poor play. And Rhodes isn't a developmental guy. He has peaked. Will he hit a 2017 season again? That's a hard one to answer.
Bottom line is, you can’t just give up on a player after one bad year. If we did that we wouldn’t have had Waynes, Barr, Hunter (who had a down year when he took over as a starter last year), Linval (first year with us he did very little), munnerlyn after year 1, Thielen after his first year of literally doing nothing but playing ST, and I can keep going. It’s not just about the player. It’s about who the player has around him. Randy Moss was the best WR to ever play the game and he was a non-factor in Oakland before he set every record known to man when he got to New England. You really don’t think two good guards next to Elflein would make him look way better. He was solid last year and had Easton and Berger. This year he had a GIANT downgrade on each side of him in Remmers and Compton . That clearly doesn’t help
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:23 pm

lol dude you lost me here. Some of your posts really just baffle me.....

1.) Idk why everyone drools over Rodgers. He just went 6-9-1 but somehow claimed to be the best in the game. And he's the highest paid QB in the NFL. He was outplayed by Cousins twice this year and IMO, lost both games, if we only had a kicker. The guy has been to and won ONE SB in like 12 years. Brady has 6 SBs but the media and fans drool over Rodgers? I dont get it. If you think we're going to somehow "not challenge" this year and we need Rodgers to not play, what do you possibly think the Packers are going to do? They have holes all over their roster and a completely new coaching staff. Coming off a 6 win season no less with the "almighty" one playing QB. Zim has had Rodgers number for quite some time now. The last thing I'm worried about is the Packers.

2.) Idk who Stan is but I just got done saying Stefanski is the one that pushed for Kubiak the most. How is he the absolute worst hire there was? You're the one saying we've barely played a game yet so how can you make that assumption? And who did you want us to hire? Because I've yet to hear that. Do you really think they brought in Gary Kubiak to "help Sloter"? Come on dude lets be realistic here.

3.) Why are you continuing to freak out over Cook being the only RB here and Murray leaving? Free agency hasnt even started yet and the draft is still over a month away. Do you expect them to just have their roster set right now? Clearly if they are losing Murray they are going to go get someone else.

And 4.) No, nobody expects that we will just bring some rookies and free agents in and walk to a SB. But explain to me how the Vikings went from 8-8 in 2016 to 13-3 the following year? Or how the Falcons went from 8-8 to the SB the following year. Or how the Bears went from 5-11 to 12-4 and winning the North? Or how the Eagles went from 7-9 to winning the SB the following year? Bottom line is, this team DOES HAVE the talent it NEEDS to contend. Those teams all had the talent they needed. It's about if they put it together as a TEAM though. Defense is playing at a high level, Offense is playing at a high level, ST is doing their job, etc. Anything can happen any year. It's not like we're the Jets and practically stripped of any talent. It's all about how we play as a TEAM. I mean the Eagles literally went from SB champions to barely making the playoffs this year (and literally wouldnt have if Daniel Carlson made that kick for us vs. GB). Anything can happen. And so far, we have made changes for the better as a team IMO
Cook is a dam good back. He has yet to prove he can stay healthy. That's why I worry. And I also like Murray. I also think they did bring Kubiak in to help Sloter. And when needed take Stephans spot if/when he craps the bed. I'm not looking it up but I think Rodgers has posted some good passing numbers on us. Yes only one SB win in 12 years isn't in Brady's area but it's still a SB win. I don't know how thats baffling. It's just my view. I can't explain 13-3 with the QB we had. Schedule, lack of injuries Shurmur?????
Well you should look it up dude. I put the stats in front of you when you first joined here and told you we’ve gotten the best of Rodgers since Zim has been here. They aren’t good at all. Maybe a game or two but for the most part, we’ve shredded him. It kills me that nobody freaks about his 6-9-1 record this year but literally sends death threats to cousins for an 8-7-1 season. Granted it’s not acceptable given the record we had last year but Rodgers is a joke. He could go 1-15 this year and analysts and fans would still bend over for him. It’s pathetic

As for keenum, yeah that’s exactly where the 13-3 came from. Lack of injuries, a ton of luck, schedule and most of all, the one that made keenum relevant, Pat Shurmur.

As for Kubiak, it’s literally been said that Stefanski wanted Kubiak most of all. They didn’t “bring him in to help sloter”. They brought him in to improve the offense and help a young OC. Sloter was the last thing on their mind when bringing Kubiak in.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Well you should look it up dude. I put the stats in front of you when you first joined here and told you we’ve gotten the best of Rodgers since Zim has been here. They aren’t good at all. Maybe a game or two but for the most part, we’ve shredded him. It kills me that nobody freaks about his 6-9-1 record this year but literally sends death threats to cousins for an 8-7-1 season. Granted it’s not acceptable given the record we had last year but Rodgers is a joke. He could go 1-15 this year and analysts and fans would still bend over for him. It’s pathetic

As for keenum, yeah that’s exactly where the 13-3 came from. Lack of injuries, a ton of luck, schedule and most of all, the one that made keenum relevant, Pat Shurmur.

As for Kubiak, it’s literally been said that Stefanski wanted Kubiak most of all. They didn’t “bring him in to help sloter”. They brought him in to improve the offense and help a young OC. Sloter was the last thing on their mind when bringing Kubiak in.
OK maybe I'm to high on Rodgers. I also think Sloter is on their mind. At least he better be. If he's still here in two years he could take over. Maybe that is stretching it to far but it would be nice. Beyond that sooner or later Cousins will get knocked out playing behind a sive of an OL. That's why if Drew Lock falls to our pick which is possible he better be the pick.Some mocks have him an early round two pick.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:38 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 pm

OK maybe I'm to high on Rodgers. I also think Sloter is on their mind. At least he better be. If he's still here in two years he could take over. Maybe that is stretching it to far but it would be nice. Beyond that sooner or later Cousins will get knocked out playing behind a sive of an OL. That's why if Drew Lock falls to our pick which is possible he better be the pick.Some mocks have him an early round two pick.
Well I’m sure Sloter could be on there mind as a potential backup but that is not why they brought Kubiak in. As for Drew Lock, he’s the only QB I really like in this draft. I’d take him if he was there at 18
-Chazz Palminteri
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm
FullWood wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:14 am
To think Colin Kapernick, Andy Dalton and Tyrod Taylor was drafted after him just makes me shake my head.
So you honestly think Kaepernick, Dalton, Taylor and Ponder are better than Cousins?

There is some true Cousins hate on this board.
I never said that. Read carefully.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:19 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm
So you honestly think Kaepernick, Dalton, Taylor and Ponder are better than Cousins?

There is some true Cousins hate on this board.
I think he meant Ponder.
Thank you!!!!

(Sorry for bumping threads everyone)