Mike Zimmer should be fired!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Mike Zimmer should be fired!!!

Post by Purplepain2018 »

It is hard for me to write the title of this thread, but I think Zimmer is a good coach, but not one who we are going to win a championship with. He has run out of answers for why the team is playing so poorly. For example, last week at New England we simply quit running the football even though Dalvin Cook was 9 carries for 89 yards. Does that make sense? I know Flip is the offensive coordinator, but Zimmer is the head coach and if you want your OC to run the ball, then run the ball. Another example in last weeks game is that we did not use play action at all. Cousins was in shot gun the whole game, so there again the Patriots pretty much knew that we were going to be throwing the ball.

From what I have seen of the games I have watched, especially the last couple of road games, this team has turned out to be SOFT. If there is any adversity in the game such as a turnover, penalty, bad call from the ref, this team pretty much just packs their bags and quits. They cannot overcome a negative play. This all goes back to coaching....head coaching. It is my opinion that the Vikings should begin their quest for a new head coach....this team has quit on Zimmer!!!
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Re: Mike Zimmer should be fired!!!

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I tend to agree but then I recall our past mistakes. Childress, Tice, Frazier...ugggh. As disgusted as I sometimes get, I prefer Zimmer to them. Does anyone remember our prevent defense under Frazier? I'll give him one more year to turn it around. This year is 1972 all over again. Underperforming defense, flukey plays, Tarkenton was supposed to be the savior like Cousins. We went 7-7 after being 11-3,12-2,12-2 the previous 3 years. In 1973 we went to the Super Bowl. Let's give it one more year.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Harsh!

We'll remember this when the finally get to the Super Bowl with him as coach...
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Here we go :roll: not even sure why this is a thread. I’ve said before, questioning something he is doing is one thing, saying he should be fire when we’re still well into the wild card race and still have an outside shot at the division, is unrealistic. Staying out of this one ....
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 pm Here we go :roll: not even sure why this is a thread. I’ve said before, questioning something he is doing is one thing, saying he should be fire when we’re still well into the wild card race and still have an outside shot at the division, is unrealistic. Staying out of this one ....
So if you are 'staying out of this one' why did you say, with an eye roll, 'not even sure why this is a thread'? The answer is you are combative in just about every post you make, even while saying in the same post that you aren't :rofl:

Just because you think Zimmer is a great HC and doing a great job does NOT mean everyone else thinks he is. And seeing that we aern't the GM, we dont know who we would replace him with. Not everyone is going to join you in your opion, no matter how much you hound them, or how many stats you throw at them. Because some of just care about people being accountable, that they show progression, and that they WIN. The number one stat should be wins. But im glad you decided to stay out of it.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:05 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 pm Here we go :roll: not even sure why this is a thread. I’ve said before, questioning something he is doing is one thing, saying he should be fire when we’re still well into the wild card race and still have an outside shot at the division, is unrealistic. Staying out of this one ....
So if you are 'staying out of this one' why did you say, with an eye roll, 'not even sure why this is a thread'? The answer is you are combative in just about every post you make, even while saying in the same post that you aren't :rofl:

Just because you think Zimmer is a great HC and doing a great job does NOT mean everyone else thinks he is. And seeing that we aern't the GM, we dont know who we would replace him with. Not everyone is going to join you in your opion, no matter how much you hound them, or how many stats you throw at them. Because some of just care about people being accountable, that they show progression, and that they WIN. The number one stat should be wins. But im glad you decided to stay out of it.
Dude seriously, foe me. I'm not talking to you, calling you out, nothing but you continue to try and call me out just to troll. It's childish. Are you that blind to it? Do you really think you arent trolling? Nobody is asking you to sit here and play moderator. But I'm hoping at this point a moderator puts a stop to your childish posts. It's obvious. Not sure why you even un-foed me to begin with? We never see eye to eye on anything anyways. Guys like you are what makes this board zero fun to get on because for years now, you've done nothing but one thing, troll. It's beyond getting old. Just about anything I have posted in the last few days you have quoted. If you don't like it, FOE ME.

But way to cover it up with some "insight" at the end :thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:05 pm

If you don't like him then block him. Refrain from commenting on other posters like that, please.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Cliff, he's right though... Why comment on a thread if you don't agree with the subject? Simply ignore it and move on. His (not only his, but in this example) attitude is what is irritating people and I think it's a big reason participation has been very low all year. Yes, he can be foed, but does he have to reply? Frankly I don't see any difference in what purplekoolaid commented than what PHP and a few others have.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am Cliff, he's right though... Why comment on a thread if you don't agree with the subject? Simply ignore it and move on. His (not only his, but in this example) attitude is what is irritating people and I think it's a big reason participation has been very low all year. Yes, he can be foed, but does he have to reply? Frankly I don't see any difference in what purplekoolaid commented than what PHP and a few others have.
The biggest difference is that PHP didn't call anyone out. He made a comment specifically about the topic. You may find it annoying but again, that's what "foe" is for.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am
PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am Cliff, he's right though... Why comment on a thread if you don't agree with the subject? Simply ignore it and move on. His (not only his, but in this example) attitude is what is irritating people and I think it's a big reason participation has been very low all year. Yes, he can be foed, but does he have to reply? Frankly I don't see any difference in what purplekoolaid commented than what PHP and a few others have.
The biggest difference is that PHP didn't call anyone out. He made a comment specifically about the topic. You may find it annoying but again, that's what "foe" is for.
True. However, I have to say the irony of PHP commenting on a thread by expressing an opinion and then, in the same "breath", letting everyone know he's "staying out of this one" was inevitably going to invite a response. I knew as soon as I read it that this thread was headed straight down this road.

If people find a particular board member annoying, that IS what the foe function is for but I also feel it's worth pointing out that if someone doesn't like a particular thread or discussion and wants to stay out of it, the best way to do that is to simply, actually stay out if it. What PHP did was the equivalent of baiting a hook.

Just to be clear: I'm not contradicting Cliff here. I'm just trying to point out that the best way to get along is for people to TRY to get along. Sometimes the best thing to do is just say nothing (like I'll probably wish I'd done here).
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Outside of StumpHunter regarding Cousins and PK since 2012, who have I gone back and forth with this year? I removed myself from the chat because of how some are reacting. Watching that chat is more depressing than the Vikings play on the field. I dont comment in there anymore. I'm usually just involved in some threads. I mean I guess if I'm leaving the chat and others that I know of arent really commenting because how some are reacting in there, how is that any different from what I'm doing in threads? I'm not intentionally going into threads to start crap like PK is half the time with me. You're saying you think "participation is low" because of my attitude but guys are staying out of the chats or overreaction threads like this one just as much. So everyone is to blame somewhere along the line. It's a frustrating year. And it's showing in just about every fan on here including myself. I do take blame. Always have on here. I know I cross the line at times.

But I'll be honest with you PMR, I can just about guarantee you that when guys log on and see a thread titled, "Mike Zimmer should be fired!!!!", that effects participation just as much as anything. No different than when most of the chat entails "Zimmer should be fired", "Spielman should be fired", "This team sucks", "Game over" (when we're down 7-0), etc. That is why I commented on the thread saying "I dont know why this is even a thread". I really dont and I know that it's going to cause fans to either not participate or get in a battle over it.

And another add on, PK has continued to quote my posts, add nothing about the topic and try to start crap with me on a consistent basis. I have peaked in the chat a few times recently and I'm not even commenting and he says sarcastically "I'm sure PHP thinks this....". That is trolling. Period. Like the definition of. I'm not tolerating it, sorry. He's foed but I can still see it and usually when I post and he is the following post after me, I know it's about me. It's gone on since I've joined this board in 2012. It's past the point of getting old.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 am I knew as soon as I read it that this thread was headed straight down this road.

Did you think with that thread title, it was heading down a good road Jim? The thread alone is baiting a hook.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am Did you think with that thread title, it was heading down a good road Jim? The thread alone is baiting a hook.
Apples and oranges. A subject like that will always be controversial but controversial subjects are fine here. It's certainly fair for you to consider it unrealistic and disapprove of the thread but a Vikes fan on this board is entitled to create a thread like this when there isn't a dedicated thread on the topic already. If you disapprove of the subject and don't want to talk about it, you can choose the latter option without announcing it or denigrating the very existence of the thread. The kind of passive/aggressive post you wrote invited exactly the sort of frustrated response you received. You then felt obligated to respond to that (and to PMR and to me...) and now the thread is effectively derailed and completely off topic.

That's why I made the point I did: the best way to "stay out of it" is to literally stay out of it.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I don't disagree that it was a bit "baity" but I'm not sure the intent was "trolling" for a reply. PHP has been bemoaning the calls for Zimmer to be fired for a while now so I wasn't surprised to see a response from him like this in the thread.

I also agree that if you want to stay out of a conversation the best way is to actually stay out of it. This discussion wouldn't be happening had that been the route PHP had gone. Maybe take that cue from yourself in the future, PHP ;)

At the same time, it would have been just as easy to ignore his comment.

In the end specifically calling someone out is the actual "rule violation" that I saw and so that's what I commented on.

Let's get back on point ...
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 amI'm just trying to point out that the best way to get along is for people to TRY to get along. Sometimes the best thing to do is just say nothing (like I'll probably wish I'd done here).
I certainly hope you don't stop giving your view. I respect your opinion and value your input.