Saints pregame thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Saints pregame thread

Post by Cliff »

The Minnesota Vikings were contacted by the NFL league office and told to include defensive end Everson Griffen on the team’s injury report after not being listed on Wednesday, according to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer-Press.

Griffen returned to the Vikings this week after a month-long leave of absence from the team to address mental health related issues following an incident at a Minneapolis hotel.

It has yet to be determined whether Griffen will play this week for the Vikings. He was not listed on the team’s practice report on Wednesday, but was added to the report on Thursday after fully participating with a non-injury related designation. That designation was also retroactively applied to his Wednesday status as well.
Read more

I didn't realize he was actually practicing with the team.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 am Just boarded the plane to Minnesota boys! We’ll be at the wolves game tonight, Wild game tomorrow and Vikes game Sunday night! Let me know if any of you will be around!
Sounds like a pretty full weekend. Have a blast!
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:36 pm
S197 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:10 pm

I think he's going to do well no matter who we put there. Honestly? I'd like to put Remmers there for two reasons. One, he's simply not a very good guard and two, I think his play at RT is better than Hill. But that won't happen. So I guess O'Neill to see how he fares.
Actually, Rashod Hill has been pretty good in protection. He's allowed 2 or fewer hurries in 4 of the Vikings 7 games. Also, Hill played last year against Cameron Jordan in the Divisional Game and held him without a sack, although Jordan did have 7 hurries. Hill's experience against Jordan may give him the nod.

No matter what, whoever lines up at RT is going to have his hands full with Cameron Jordan.
I had forgotten he played against Jordan in the Divisional, good point. I'd be pretty surprised if it's not Hill (assuming Reiff plays) as he seems to have won the job in the offseason.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 am Just boarded the plane to Minnesota boys! We’ll be at the wolves game tonight, Wild game tomorrow and Vikes game Sunday night! Let me know if any of you will be around!
Have fun! Hope you get to see a trifecta of wins!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Out: Cook, Sendejo, Barr, Compton.
Doubtful: Reiff
Questionable: Rhodes, Joseph

Looks like Everson will play :rock:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:07 pm Out: Cook, Sendejo, Barr, Compton.

Who is Barr's backup?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:30 pm
dead_poet wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:07 pm Out: Cook, Sendejo, Barr, Compton.

Who is Barr's backup?
Eric Wilson. I'm pretty excited to watch him. He's had phenomenal preseasons. Could be our starting WLB if Barr walks. He plays fast.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Yeah, I like what I've seen from Wilson so far. Not a huge dropoff at all when Barr is out.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

They just added Storm Norton to the roster so I would think Reiff is a no go. He is listed as OT, but didn't he play guard too?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:55 pm They just added Storm Norton to the roster so I would think Reiff is a no go. He is listed as OT, but didn't he play guard too?
He's mostly a tackle, but I'm sure in a pinch he could play guard just as horribly.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Even though we're hurting with injuries, Saints will be without a starting CB. They'll be forced to start newly-aquired CB Eli Apple.

If we constantly gimmick Diggs again in this one like he's Tavon Austin and not one of the league's best route-runners I'm going to be furious.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rhodes is expected to play today, per Rapoport. I'm shocked. How effective will he be?
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

This will be a harsh test to the defense. The Saints will draw up a lot of mismatches and the D, especially the LBs, have to step up.
The o-line needs to just give Kirk time and if a run game can be established, it'll be easy to control the game.

Easier said than done.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:13 am Rhodes is expected to play today, per Rapoport. I'm shocked. How effective will he be?
I don't believe they'd play him unless he was close to 100%. The Vikings just don't seem to put players out there at reduced capacity. Also, the Saints are too good to have a corner hobbling around.

Then again, I might be smoking something.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:18 pm I don't believe they'd play him unless he was close to 100%. The Vikings just don't seem to put players out there at reduced capacity.
*coughcoughSamBradfordcoughcough*