Saints pregame thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Saints pregame thread

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So who covers Kamara out of the backfield? Diggs will have a big game imo. Hope they can get the run game going.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Saints pregame thread

Post by dead_poet »

I'm skeptical, but Zimmer said today there's a "good chance" both Barr and Rhodes will be available Sunday.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer said he doesn't know when Griffen will play.

"That's not the focus right now."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

After Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes exited Sunday’s win over the Jets, coach Mike Zimmer told reporters that Rhodes has a sprained ankle, and Zimmer said the injury isn’t a big deal. But Rhodes was spotted in the locker room with a wrap on his ankle and a noticeable limp.

Three days later, he’s still limping.

Read more
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 pm I'm skeptical, but Zimmer said today there's a "good chance" both Barr and Rhodes will be available Sunday.
Yeah, I read elsewhere that Rhodes has a wrap on his ankle and is still walking with a limp. (Edited to add: :lol: I read it in the post directly above this one! :wallbang: ) Zimmer's just trying to mess with Saints' scouting report.

Also, on Everson: sounds like getting him to play really isn't the point, but rather to get him around his social circle to regain some normalcy. Who knows if/when he'll actually play. It could still be awhile. As fans, I think we have to be alright with that, as much as we'd love for him to be wreaking havoc once again.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

It's interesting ... Deion Sanders said yesterday that he believes the winner of this game will play in the NFC Championship game.

I don't know if I'd go that far just yet. There's a lot of season to play, and a long way until playoff seedings are finalized. Heck, neither of these teams has actually qualified for the playoffs, and won't for several weeks.

But it sure has an important feel to it.

I worry about our injuries, especially on defense against a team that's averaging 34 ppg. At the same time, they're banged up, as well, especially along the offensive line. So who knows?

I've been fairly confident going into every game this season, even the Rams game. For some reason, I'm not as confident right now. Glad the game is at home.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Looks like there's a chance Reiff comes back this week (limited participant today). That would be good news and make the RT situation a bit more interesting. Other than Rhodes, Barr, and Cook, Compton and Sendejo also DNP. Linval was limited.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

S197 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm Looks like there's a chance Reiff comes back this week (limited participant today). That would be good news and make the RT situation a bit more interesting. Other than Rhodes, Barr, and Cook, Compton and Sendejo also DNP. Linval was limited.
The RT will face Can Jordan. Who do you want there?
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 am The RT will face Can Jordan. Who do you want there?
Easy. O’Neil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 pm It's interesting ... Deion Sanders said yesterday that he believes the winner of this game will play in the NFC Championship game.

I don't know if I'd go that far just yet. There's a lot of season to play, and a long way until playoff seedings are finalized. Heck, neither of these teams has actually qualified for the playoffs, and won't for several weeks.

But it sure has an important feel to it.

I worry about our injuries, especially on defense against a team that's averaging 34 ppg. At the same time, they're banged up, as well, especially along the offensive line. So who knows?

I've been fairly confident going into every game this season, even the Rams game. For some reason, I'm not as confident right now. Glad the game is at home.
I'm pretty confident in this game for some reason. Maybe it's because I will be there but I'm really going to be mad if the two games I fly to minnesota for (Bills and Saints), we lose. I dont know, I just feel like this team is back on track. Having Everson back probably gave this team a confidence boost as well.

I say 27-23 Vikes. Everson gets a strip sack to seal the game :v):
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

The Vikings offense looks perfectly suited to playing against this Saints defense. The Saints are the best rush defense in the NFL right now, but questionable in the secondary, while the Vikings are trying to find their legs rushing the ball, but good at attacking through the air. So from a matchup standpoint, the Vikings offense against the Saints defense appears to favor the Vikings, especially given the game is in Minnesota.

On the flip side, the Saints offense is going to give everyone trouble this year. They can pass and run and have multiple weapons. But, the Vikings seem to have finally flipped the script on defense. They are defending more consistently across the board and playing well against both the run and pass. Hard to say if Griffen gets back on the field in this game, but having him back could be a huge boon to the pass rush as he's had several weeks to rest physically and will be highly motivated to make an impact.

This should be a tough game as the Saints are clearly one of the better teams in the NFL, but the Vikings should be up to the task. If the Vikings can avoid the penalties and turnovers that plagued them in some of their earlier games, I think they have a really good chance of winning. I just like how the Vikings offense stacks up against the Saints defense.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 am
S197 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm Looks like there's a chance Reiff comes back this week (limited participant today). That would be good news and make the RT situation a bit more interesting. Other than Rhodes, Barr, and Cook, Compton and Sendejo also DNP. Linval was limited.
I think he's going to do well no matter who we put there. Honestly? I'd like to put Remmers there for two reasons. One, he's simply not a very good guard and two, I think his play at RT is better than Hill. But that won't happen. So I guess O'Neill to see how he fares.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:10 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 am

I think he's going to do well no matter who we put there. Honestly? I'd like to put Remmers there for two reasons. One, he's simply not a very good guard and two, I think his play at RT is better than Hill. But that won't happen. So I guess O'Neill to see how he fares.
Actually, Rashod Hill has been pretty good in protection. He's allowed 2 or fewer hurries in 4 of the Vikings 7 games. Also, Hill played last year against Cameron Jordan in the Divisional Game and held him without a sack, although Jordan did have 7 hurries. Hill's experience against Jordan may give him the nod.

No matter what, whoever lines up at RT is going to have his hands full with Cameron Jordan.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Just boarded the plane to Minnesota boys! We’ll be at the wolves game tonight, Wild game tomorrow and Vikes game Sunday night! Let me know if any of you will be around!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 am Just boarded the plane to Minnesota boys! We’ll be at the wolves game tonight, Wild game tomorrow and Vikes game Sunday night! Let me know if any of you will be around!
Nice! Have fun! Let us known how it goes.