Jets Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Jets Postgame Thread

Post by S197 »

3 in a row and 1st place!

Congrats to AT on tying the record. Hope he can beat it at home next week!

Defense played great, especially considering the injuries, which hopefully aren't serious.

Need to get someone other than AT going on offense. Diggs has been quiet two weeks in a row. Murray had another great week but OL remains the glaring issue.

ST needs to improve as well, two really bad kickoff coverages and also zero pressure on the punter with one punt bobbled and another from the 1-yardline.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Jets Postgame Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I thought the play calling was atrocious. There were way too many gadget plays and running to the exact same spot.

And what us up with the batted passes? Is it 12 in two weeks?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
MegatronFozzy
Waterboy

Post by MegatronFozzy »

Outside of injuries, the defense has been outstanding!

Hope AT breaks the record. Super anxious to know the injury report pertaining Rhodes.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

The GOOD
L-Train running hard
Defense on 3rd down
Punter
Return game looked better
Pass Blocking

The Bad
Our oline is horrible at run blocking. Saw too many plays of hits in the backfield. Thank god for Boone's play making ability.
Injuries. Welp.

The Ugly
Cousin - I'll give him the pass for the wind but he was down right awful. His decision making was terrible this game. One of the intentional grounding plays should have been a fumble. Just had a blond moment this game.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I didn't see any of the game, 2-15 3rd conversions isn't good at all.
Who played on the OL today? any changes?
AT another 100 yard week :rock:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer said it's an ankle sprain for Rhodes. Was walking with a limp after the game. He also said he's not concerned with Barr's hamstring. I bet both are out until after the bye at least.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:09 pm Who played on the OL today? any changes?
Compton went out with an injury. Most of the game it was: Hill-Isadora-Elflein-Remmers-O'Neil
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I dont think there was anything ugly about Cousins. He had some off target passes most was against the wind but he was able to secure the ball at least. Ugly to me would be considered multiple turnovers.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:16 pm I dont think there was anything ugly about Cousins. He had some off target passes most was against the wind but he was able to secure the ball at least. Ugly to me would be considered multiple turnovers.
The near safety
The fumble that wasn't called
Off target on many short passes
Decision making wasn't great today.
More batted balls
Offense 2-13 on 3rd down.
Not audibling when clear blitz overloads are coming.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Eric Thompson

Today was the first game of the 2018 season in which the #Vikings didn't turn the ball over. #Jets⁠ ⁠ had the second most takeaways in the league coming in. Minnesota was +4 in turnovers today.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm The near safety
The fumble that wasn't called
Off target on many short passes
Decision making wasn't great today.
More batted balls
Offense 2-13 on 3rd down.
Not audibling when clear blitz overloads are coming.
No Turnovers! Im not saying his game was great but it shouldn't be put in the ugly category. Jets Defense is pretty good.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:39 pm No Turnovers! Im not saying his game was great but it shouldn't be put in the ugly category. Jets Defense is pretty good.
I'll take +4 in the turnover department any day.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Very windy conditions, which made a major impact on the game. It was a hard day to be a kicker or a QB and it showed, with Darnold handing us the game with 3 interceptions. Cousins was off, but I thought he handled the difficult weather better.

OL wasn't great, but I thought they showed signs of improvement today. Good running again from Murray.

Play calling was mostly underwhelming. I'm tired of the gadget plays to get balls to Diggs. He's not Cordarelle! Just run him on routes!

Really hope that Rhodes and Barr aren't severely injured. Sounds like Rhodes ankle is sprained, but Zimmer didn't think it was a big deal. He looked really ginger coming off the field.

Sunday night at the Bank vs. the Saints! Looking forward to that one!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

A win is a win whether it's pretty or not. No use in apologizing. Hopefully the fallen come back strong next week. Big game coming up. :smilevike:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:51 pm A win is a win whether it's pretty or not. No use in apologizing. Hopefully the fallen come back strong next week. Big game coming up. :smilevike:
You're right, it may not have looked like poetry out there, but it was a 20-point victory on the road.

Now we've gotta gear up for the Saints. This is a HUGE game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.