Cardinals Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Cardinals Postgame Thread

Post by S197 »

Good game overall!

Murray with 100+ yards plus Boone with a big run.

Defense played well except for a couple of plays. Nice goalline stand and a couple of turnovers.

ST (by Vikings standards) was better. Wile had some nice kicks.

The number of deflected balls and overall OL play still remains a concern. Also hope Hughes is ok.

SKOL!
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Cardinals Postgame Thread

Post by Rhodes Closed »

We're looking much better and I think this team is finally coming into form, but Good God I'm worrying about Hughes because he has played alright when he was in and it's only his first year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:40 pm We're looking much better and I think this team is finally coming into form, but Good God I'm worrying about Hughes because he has played alright when he was in and it's only his first year.
Pelissero saying ACL. He'll have an MRI tomorrow to confirm.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 pm Pelissero saying ACL. He'll have an MRI tomorrow to confirm.
I guarantee it's his ACL.

The OL played ok. Kirk had some time but he also held the ball too long I thought. With that said, Arizona's rush defense is pretty bad.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

A man needing help off the field and with crutches never looks good. Hopefully it doesn't effect him for life right now he wont be an impact player making us question did we draft the right person in the draft pick.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:54 pm I guarantee it's his ACL.

The OL played ok. Kirk had some time but he also held the ball too long I thought. With that said, Arizona's rush defense is pretty bad.
The main concern is hill and what they are going to do with him. It bothers me that they think the OL is “set” for now. I can tolerate Compton and Remmers but I can’t tolerate Hill. He gets dominated by speed rushers. Idk how long Reiff was out but O’Neill needs to be on the field. And cousins blindside needs better protection. I don’t care about experience. O’Neill is the better pass blocker and a WAY better athlete. Hill has just as much experience as O’Neill at LT which is very little. That’s shouldn’t matter.

Zim is being very stubborn with this and it’s driving me nuts. It’s not like our OL is playing good and if we made a few changes it could make them great. It’s more along the lines of it’s awful especially because of Hill and how Reiff has played at LT and can be made much better with Hill off the field.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

FullWood wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:54 pm A man needing help off the field and with crutches never looks good. Hopefully it doesn't effect him for life right now he wont be an impact player making us question did we draft the right person in the draft pick.
Injury does not make it the wrong pick.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Bigwehrm wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:03 pm Injury does not make it the wrong pick.
I agree but I think people whether here or on the outside would starting thinking it is.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm The main concern is hill and what they are going to do with him. It bothers me that they think the OL is “set” for now. I can tolerate Compton and Remmers but I can’t tolerate Hill. He gets dominated by speed rushers. Idk how long Reiff was out but O’Neill needs to be on the field. And cousins blindside needs better protection. I don’t care about experience. O’Neill is the better pass blocker and a WAY better athlete. Hill has just as much experience as O’Neill at LT which is very little. That’s shouldn’t matter.

Zim is being very stubborn with this and it’s driving me nuts. It’s not like our OL is playing good and if we made a few changes it could make them great. It’s more along the lines of it’s awful especially because of Hill and how Reiff has played at LT and can be made much better with Hill off the field.
How is Hill in run blocking? Maybe that has to be taken into account as well.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Nice win today.

Defense played great today. Basically only gave up 3 points until garbage time.
Offense? Thielen, Murray had monster games. Cousins? I wish he had better pocket presence and was able to extend plays and scramble. Agree they should play boone more.
ST was solid today. good coverage, no missed FGs, some nice punts as well.

Losing Hughes will hurt. Secondary has been struggling and this will only make it worse. Hope Mackensie can step up. He did have a good game today. Thought the PI was iffy.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:18 pm Nice win today.

Defense played great today. Basically only gave up 3 points until garbage time.
Offense? Thielen, Murray had monster games. Cousins? I wish he had better pocket presence and was able to extend plays and scramble. Agree they should play boone more.
ST was solid today. good coverage, no missed FGs, some nice punts as well.

Losing Hughes will hurt. Secondary has been struggling and this will only make it worse. Hope Mackensie can step up. He did have a good game today. Thought the PI was iffy.
I thought Cousins did a pretty good job of extending plays, the throw on 3rd down with the ridiculous catch by Thielen then he completes it over the middle while being (legally) horse collared. He has defenders in his face and is taking a lot of shots nearly every dropback, which is worrisome.

The six fumbles (five lost) is concerning. He needs to improve in that aspect but otherwise I think he's played very well.

Looks like Holton Hill will need to step up on D. Luckily Kearse has looked good in the "big nickel".
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Also props to Wayne's who had a solid game. Very good in run support as well. Definitely missed him last week.

ETA: If Hughes is done, will be interesting to see who gets activated. Could be Wynn esp if Bower is out another game. Weatherly isn't a guy who can play that many snaps.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
Following Following @GoesslingStrib
More
The Vikings fear Mike Hughes tore his ACL on Sunday, according to a league source. He'll have a MRI tomorrow to confirm.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Sucks to lose Hughes. He has been playing very well for a rookie. Nice to get a win but I will echo some other people on here calling for O'Neil at LT. Have to protect Kirk. It was nice to see some good runs today albeit against weak competition.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

The Vikings could save some money by replacing Hill with a slice of Swiss cheese. Not a bad game today but not great because AZ is so putrid. I am really getting concerned about Cousins fumbling. That was his reputation but he's off to the worst start of his career and now that has cost us 3 TD's - 1 today and 2 vs Buffalo. Just can't afford that against good teams. On the plus side - Warren Moon was even worse when he was here. Theilan continues to amaze and Murray is pretty solid if he gets a little blocking. Both good character guys that never complain. Looks like we finally have a solid kicker.

My overall grade B