Eagles Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Eagles Postgame Thread

Post by S197 »

My gameball goes to Cousins. Incredible throws under a huge amount of pressure. Also nice to see the D show up. They had their lapses but looked a lot more like last year.

OL is still a huge concern as our run game remains very poor. If there was one standout, it was O'Neill holding his own on the right side.

SKOL!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Eagles Postgame Thread

Post by Texas Vike »

Linval had a monster game. His TD run will be one of the season's highlights.
Punkoholic
Rookie

Post by Punkoholic »

Two year lurker but never signed up to these boards until a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow, the Eagles aren't the same team as last season but beating the defending champs on the road is big. Hopefully they use this as a rallying point and gets them on a winning streak.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Punkoholic wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:00 pm Two year lurker but never signed up to these boards until a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow, the Eagles aren't the same team as last season but beating the defending champs on the road is big. Hopefully they use this as a rallying point and gets them on a winning streak.
Good first post. I agree. This was an important game that could get things turned around. Today, we got some of the bounces that we hadn't been getting. Felt good.

Also: love Diggs and Thielen.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I know we only have 2 wins, but Cousins is 100% the real deal. I was hesitant about him when we could have had Case for cheaper, but Cousins, playing behind a barely average line (I really think O'Neil being on the field help A LOT) is simply killing it. His touch on some throws is as good as Joe Montana's. He is as good of a QB as the NFL has. Is it possible the Vikings have their QB for the next decade?

Linval has been one of my all time Viking favorites. Man was that fun to watch him run for that TD. He and Sheldon are so good together.

Diggs and Theilen the best WR duo in the NFL.

D was pretty good but we HAVE to figure out how to cover the RBs and TE's.

What a game overall. It sure made my day. :rock:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm Linval had a monster game. His TD run will be one of the season's highlights.
https://g.redditmedia.com/n7yl6YETmkBOe ... 5dba2c0e17
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Agree with all the comments about Cousins. This was the guy I was praying the Vikings would sign, and what a deal it's turning out to be. How in the world could a guy with his skills and his resume at his age become available in the NFL? It simply doesn't happen. We are the beneficiaries of a colossal Washington blunder.

Linval was a stud today. Let's not forget, he also got a sack of Wentz. Big game by Linval Hungry.

Diggs was simply amazing in the first half. Making tough catches, breaking tackles. Then Thielen took over. What an incredible duo these guys are.

If only the O-line could open up a hole in the running game. Cousins has four straight games with at least 30 completions, an NFL record. Just imagine what he could do if he could run play-action and someone would actually take the threat of the run seriously.
Last edited by J. Kapp 11 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Cousins, Diggs, and Thielen are incredible together and barring injury will all have monster stats at the end of the year. The defense played better today but still not good enough imo and the soft play towards the end almost cost them. I really wish Zimmer would get more aggressive. Our secondary backs off so far they're practically in the locker room. The offensive line is really holding this team back. Hopefully O'Neill is named a starter soon.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

@Pondering for Percy

I will eat a side of crow about Oneil. He needs to start right now. Not sure how good he is, but he is better than Hill
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm Linval had a monster game. His TD run will be one of the season's highlights.
Someone please tell me you made a gif of Linval Gulping down oxygen after that run.

That is the ultimate image of fat guy with football.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StpViking wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 pm Someone please tell me you made a gif of Linval Gulping down oxygen after that run.

That is the ultimate image of fat guy with football.
Ah, but here's what's amazing.
ESPN.com wrote:According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Joseph reached a max speed of 18.2 miles per hour on his fumble return touchdown, which occurred with 4:24 remaining in the second quarter.

To put into context how fast Joseph ran to the end zone, Jets safety Marcus Maye reached a max speed of 18.3 miles per hour on his 104-yard interception return that wasn't a touchdown against the Broncos, according to Next Gen Stats.
And ...
Vikings.com wrote:Weatherly said “not at all” when asked if Joseph surprised him.

“That man is fast. He is a Mack truck with no brakes when he gets going,” Weatherly said. “I knew I had to pick up one block and he was going to take it to the house.”
Who knew The Big Hungry could fly?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

Kudos for Hunter and Weatherly who each had a sack while playing every snap (I think)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 pm @Pondering for Percy

I will eat a side of crow about Oneil. He needs to start right now. Not sure how good he is, but he is better than Hill
I respect that. I’ve been saying it since GB, he needs to be starting. And to be honest, I’d rather have him at LT. He not giving up pressures, which is huge for Cousins blind side. At least with Hill at RT or Reiff if he is healthy, cousins can see them coming.

I would love to see the stats but I really can’t recall O’Neill giving up one pressure in 3 games he’s played.

And I know his knock is his strength but you don’t need a “strong” tackle. You need strong guards. You need athletic tackles. And that’s exactly what oniell is. He has the ability to stay with speed rushers. Hills feet are awful. I guess I just don’t understand their reasoning behind keeping him on the bench given how he’s played. Drives me nuts
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm I know we only have 2 wins, but Cousins is 100% the real deal. I was hesitant about him when we could have had Case for cheaper, but Cousins, playing behind a barely average line (I really think O'Neil being on the field help A LOT) is simply killing it. His touch on some throws is as good as Joe Montana's. He is as good of a QB as the NFL has. Is it possible the Vikings have their QB for the next decade?

Linval has been one of my all time Viking favorites. Man was that fun to watch him run for that TD. He and Sheldon are so good together.

Diggs and Theilen the best WR duo in the NFL.

D was pretty good but we HAVE to figure out how to cover the RBs and TE's.

What a game overall. It sure made my day. :rock:
Didn’t you just say last week we were better off with Keenum? :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri