Vikings @ Eagles Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Eagles Pregame Thread

Post by YikesVikes »

I don't think this game is a must win... We need it to keep pace and possibly get a Home playoff game but, i believe this team can lose this one and still make the playoffs.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:19 pm Looks like it was autograft

lol
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2490 ... nds-week-5
The only true edge rushers on the roster available to play Sunday are Danielle Hunter and Stephen Weatherly, who has been filling in for Griffen since Week 3.
We've talked about this here and there, but it will be interesting to see what they do. Perhaps as suggested in the article in giving Jaylen Holmes some PT. And I wonder if they go heavier on the DB's by getting Iloka in the mix. I feel like Zim is up to something out of necessity.

You know at some point he's getting Iloka involved and given their lack of edge rush depth, this might be the week to allow Barr to rush the passer more and bring Iloka up to the second level.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki ... aying-time
During the offseason, Zimmer talked about the opportunity Iloka presents in giving opponents looks they haven’t typically seen with the Vikings' scheme. His experience lining up at multiple spots (in 2017, he took 767 snaps as a deep safety or in the box, 43 off the edge, 99 as a linebacker and 75 at slot corner) was a concept Zimmer expressed interest in experimenting with in substitution packages and goal-line situations. Last season, Iloka registered a 64.8 passer rating when targeted, according to Pro Football Focus data, and notched 80 tackles and an interception.
They can really use that versatility and skill right about now.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Normally, I expect us to win every game despite knowing we lose some. I have a bad feeling about this game however. I think we lose 17-32. A bunch of turnovers and an inability to run the ball.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

^ I feel the exact opposite. I think the Vikings D will come out on fire. I'm betting on the idea that the Vikings sit Cook and give Murray all the work. I think he also comes out fired up and running like gang busters. The Oline will feel challenged and will open some holes. I feel good about tomorrow.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Today we will see what this team is made out of. :govikes:

Lets see who shows up to play today.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:27 pm ^ I feel the exact opposite. I think the Vikings D will come out on fire. I'm betting on the idea that the Vikings sit Cook and give Murray all the work. I think he also comes out fired up and running like gang busters. The Oline will feel challenged and will open some holes. I feel good about tomorrow.
I sure hope so.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I think we should run run pass. whatever we do we gonna get dominated.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

FullWood wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:40 pm I think we should run run pass. whatever we do we gonna get dominated.
I guess I was wrong yet again.