Vikings sign Aldrick Robinson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings sign Aldrick Robinson

Post by PacificNorseWest »

He did some good things for Cleveland his rookie season. I don't think he fit any of these teams he's been on.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

I was kind of hoping for a Dez Bryant signing. Obviously he's not what he used to be but think he would've made a great #3.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 pm Coleman is the epitome of a bust. Been on 3 teams and was cut by all 3. When you’re cut by the browns you know you’re bad. Guys call Treadwell a bust. Coleman is even worse
You trust the Browns with their evaluation?
Not saying he is better than Treadwell but joining a team in the middle of the season is difficult for most players to latch on.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:05 pm You trust the Browns with their evaluation?
Not saying he is better than Treadwell but joining a team in the middle of the season is difficult for most players to latch on.
Did you see why Coleman got cut from Cleveland ? For the same reason Treadwell is on the verge....drops. Whether the browns or the patriots are evaluating, a drop is a drop. Coleman was having a lot of them in training camp and preseason.

No less there is no team outside of maybe Dallas that’s more desperate for WRs right now than the patriots. And if anyone can make you look good, it’s Tom Brady. The pats have signed and cut 100 WRs since the preseason. He couldn’t make it on a team that judges talent better than any other team in the nfl and they were desperate. That’s not a good sign for Coleman
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:07 pm Did you see why Coleman got cut from Cleveland ? For the same reason Treadwell is on the verge....drops. Whether the browns or the patriots are evaluating, a drop is a drop. Coleman was having a lot of them in training camp and preseason.

No less there is no team outside of maybe Dallas that’s more desperate for WRs right now than the patriots. And if anyone can make you look good, it’s Tom Brady. The pats have signed and cut 100 WRs since the preseason. He couldn’t make it on a team that judges talent better than any other team in the nfl and they were desperate. That’s not a good sign for Coleman
But you've said they have signed and dropped WRs constantly. I don't think the Pats have done a good job of talent evaluation the last few years. They hit on Moss in 2007 but have missed a lot on draft picks and FA signings since. They have gotten by with the brilliance of Brady and their coach. Besides that my point is still valid, mid season additions are tough to latch on. Guy will get some looks in FA and may find a team.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 pm But you've said they have signed and dropped WRs constantly. I don't think the Pats have done a good job of talent evaluation the last few years. They hit on Moss in 2007 but have missed a lot on draft picks and FA signings since. They have gotten by with the brilliance of Brady and their coach. Besides that my point is still valid, mid season additions are tough to latch on. Guy will get some looks in FA and may find a team.
And my point is, the Patriots dont need a Randy Moss to be successful. Edelman and Hogan would be no-names if it wasnt for Brady and Bill. In turn, if Corey Coleman is even halfway decent, why cant he latch on to an NFL team with a HOF QB that is DESPERATE for WRs?? Again, Coleman was struggling with drops all year. And also embarrassed himself on Hard Knocks. Why does that make him a better option than Treadwell? It doesnt. At least Treadwell has flashed some ability with the one hander he made last year and the TD catch he had last game. Also, that he had a good report with Cousins in training camp. Coleman is another first round bust with drop issues and possibly off the field issues after how he acted on Hard Knocks. Whether it's "hard" or not to latch onto a team mid-season, getting cut by 3 different teams in one year is NOT a good sign for any WR. Period
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Dakotavike wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:51 pm I was kind of hoping for a Dez Bryant signing. Obviously he's not what he used to be but think he would've made a great #3.
Dez was exposed the last few years and declined rapidly because he's not a polished route runner. And once his athleticism diminished even a tinge, it all fell off a cliff. I would be nervous if Minnesota signed him, but it would depend on how he'd be used. I'm not sure he fits.