Where is the Elite Defense?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Where is the Elite Defense?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:01 pm The Vikings will get it corrected. There's little doubt in my mind about that.

I am wondering how this secondary will pan out though. They are out of sync in coverage. Especially in combo with the LB's. I also watched a short interview with Iloka and he seems like he's rearing and ready to go. I want to see him get some action to see if he can spark this defense.
I do too and I don't understand why he isn't playing. I hope the defense figures it out.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Only Zim really knows. But it makes it tough too when Sendejo is the starter.He hasn't really done anything to lose the job and he isn't the weak link in the secondary right now. I just wonder if Iloka can only really play from the safety spot and doesn't have much flexibility in his game that would allow both he and Sendejo to be on the field together, but I want to see him get some PT for a possible spark.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

EAGAN, Minn. (WCCO) — If there’s one thing the Minnesota Vikings have done consistently well under Mike Zimmer, it’s play good defense. Which is why it was so weird to see it so bad in their previous three games. But that all changed on Sunday in Philadelphia, and made a huge impact. WCCO’s David McCoy tells us why it was all better again. That was more like it, wasn’t it? More of what we’ve come to expect from the Vikings defense: Three sacks, two forced fumbles and one touchdown. The difference? Not changes made to strategy, players said, just better execution. “Yeah just focusing on what we already do. Just getting back to the basics of what we do in our scheme. So doing that helped us out a lot,” defensive back Mike Hughes said. The reason for the better execution? Speeches, it turns out. Players referenced two of them. Olympic skier Jessie Diggins addressed the team during the week, then pregame Sunday, it was quarterback Kirk Cousins.
Read more
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I've been intrigued by seeing Jayron Kearse get more snaps.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

I'm intrigued by Jessie Diggins.