Vikings @ Packers Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Vikings @ Packers Pregame Thread

Post by Cliff »

EAGAN, Minn. (WCCO) — Aside from Aaron Rodgers, there are always so many story line when the Minnesota Vikings play the Green Bay Packers. Both teams starting 1-0 helps fuel that cause. For the Vikings offense, the offensive line looks like it will be a work in progress for a while, so that means it could be “Air Purple.” When the Vikings started getting the ball to Dalvin Cook as a receiver instead of a runner last week, it told you they didn’t think they could win the line of scrimmage. The element to watch for Sunday: if they simply focus on throwing the football.

Read more
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The Packers aren’t the only team in Sunday’s looming NFC North showdown with injury questions. For the Vikings, defensive end Everson Griffen emerged on Thursday’s injury report with a toe problem.

Read more
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

We really need to bring the pressure up the gut. Little Erin won't be able to roll out and torch us with his legs for 15-20 Yds like he usually does. Except for 3rd and long (are you listening Sheldon?), if we get a clear shot on Rogers, I say we take it. Just pile drive his a$$ into the ground. Preferably using a backup D lineman.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:02 pm Amen.

I get so sick of the media. Sports Illustrated actually has them THIRD in their latest power rankings. It's such a freaking slobber-fest for Rodgers, as if he can win games all by himself. Ted Thompson is proving that theory wrong year after year, yet year after year they're picked as a Super Bowl favorite.

In my humble and admittedly biased opinion, this may be THE most overrated Packers team of the Rodgers era. I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... because the Packers are publicly owned, Ted Thompson has ZERO accountability for his roster failings. The only thing that has kept him afloat is Aaron Rodgers, who by his talent should have about 7 Super Bowl rings if Thompson actually had the brains to put anyone around him.

There isn't a team I hate more or respect less. No matter whether Rodgers plays, I hope we DESTROY the Packers. A 3- or 4-touchdown win would not be enough for me.

And by the way, Davante Adams was held out of practice Wednesday and limited on Thursday.
Part of me wants to predict a blow out, but i know better. The ingredients are there: Gimpy QB, WR corps down it's best player. OL looked quite pedestrian against CHI. Their defense is a bad joke: They have Mike Daniels, a geriatric Clay Mathews, and two rookie corners going against the best WR duo in the league. This game is ripe for us to assert ourselves. I'm sure some of it is my own fan bias, but I so want a repeat of the 1998 Randy Moss coming out party. Blow up on them like 35-13. It would be great.

It really feels like they are discounting last year because AROG was hurt, but that is crap. In 2016 we played them in week 2 at home and beat them in Sam Bradford's first game as our starter. We've beaten them 3 of the last four meetings. If you go back to 2015, we beat them in Lambeau on January 3rd, week 17 and that was with the division on the line. So 4 wins out of the past 6? Screw the media, they are going down and going down hard.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I don't think this offense will blow anyone out. We are still finding our legs and look to be aiming to be efficient.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

What the hell is wrong with Everson's toe? :wallbang:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 pm What the hell is wrong with Everson's toe? :wallbang:
He made a statement today's he's 100% and has no idea why he was on the report.
Vikings CrucifiXS
Rookie

Post by Vikings CrucifiXS »

9man wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:55 pm My opinion, not that it really matters.

I would prefer if Rodgers was healthy coming into this week. This Vikings team is all around better than the Packers and if we are going to win a Super Bowl we need to be able to beat a Rodgers led Packers team.

Vikings fans, DO NOT be afraid of the Packers! SKOL!

I love how Ric Flair is decked out in purple.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Flair in Purple is always amazing, just like his career. Woo!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Per NFL.com and NFL Network Erin set to play against Vikes today. Wow what a suprise!!! A source quoted that "He really impressed teammates at pracitce Saturday"
I'm glad he's playing so the Packer fans, and my Packer fan buddies, can't use the " Well you guys beat us without Rodgers playing excuse"
I'm glad he impressed his teammates. Now i hope Zim impresses Erin's little lady Danica with a ton on blitzing on her man, as she sits up in his luxary box, thinking " Wow... he probably feels like i did spinning around the track and slamming into the safer barriers, like she did at most of her races. I know 1st hand, cuz i saw at in person every Aug at MIS, Michigan Int'l Speedway.
BLITZ.. BLITZ... BLITZ and keep him in the pocket.
Please no heroics today Erin.
SKOL :smilevike:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

ARod was going to play no matter what. He's a warrior and a very gifted qb. Still the best in the game. However, he's going to get hit, knocked down, intercepted and lose. Should of took the day off Arod.
Gemfow
Rookie

Post by Gemfow »

I think today will be a tough game and probably because the Vikings refuse to break a game open. When I saw the Vikings’ game last Sunday, I felt they squandered a few opportunities to put the 49ers away early. My biggest gripe with Zimmer is they aldon’t aye seem to become conservative with a lead. How many times do Vikings’ fans have to see a two yard run up the middle followed by a no gain up the middle with a 14 point lead?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

GB's DTs are no joke. I'm worried about our protection and ability to generate any type of push in the run game. Hopefully Rhodes can contain a less-than-100% Adams and we figure out how to cover a tight end. In Green Bay, I'm nervous. Hopefully we get an early Richardson sack that rattles Rodgers from the beginning. If he gets going, though, I'll be nervous. I'll also be watching closely the matchup between Everson and Bakhtiari. For whatever reason, Bakhtiari has gotten the better of Everson the last few matchups. Like, he's taken him out of the game. Hunter will need to step up like he did last game.

I love and hate Green Bay week.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings declared C Pat Elflein (ankle, shoulder) inactive for Week 2 against the Packers.

Elflein was able to get in three limited practices this week, so he is nearing a return. Brett Jones will continue to start in his place. Minnesota also declared QB Kyle Sloter, RB Roc Thomas, RB Mike Boone, OG Bryan Witzmann, DE Tashawn Bower, and DT Jalyn Holmes inactive for Week 2.
Green Bay declared S Josh Jones (ankle), LB Oren Burks (shoulder), WR Equanimeous St. Brown, WR J'Mon Moore, S Raven Greene, CB Deante Burton, and OL Alex Light inactive for Week 2.
Rodgers and Adams both playing. Let's shut them down.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I don't like the Packers here. Vikings defense is great and will show why we would get back to the almost promise land.