Vikings @ Packers Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ChicagoViking
Veteran

Re: Vikings @ Packers Pregame Thread

Post by ChicagoViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:01 pm Anyone else think it's funny that Aaron Rodgers happened to get injured and make his dramatic comeback on the opening weekend with the lowest ratings in years? All of the theatrics of carting him off, to reports that he walked to the locker room as soon as the cart was out of view, to Al Michael's and Cris collinsworth fawning over home when he came out after halftime and throughout the 2nd half, and he was somehow able to move the ball at will when he could do nothing just an hour earlier? I am absolutely not a conspiracy theorist, but when he came out after halftime, I said to myself that green Bay would win by one point. I was thinking 21-20 but other than that, I was right.
I would not put it past goodell to somehow stage something like this. Rodgers is legitimately injured. But, maybe he called the Packers locker room and told them to get Rodgers out there because without him, this season for the league is in even worse shape than what it already is.
Again, this is not normal thinking for me. But there are too many incredible coincidences here to ignore.
Sounds like the musings of a truther/birther/pizza-gater/QAnoner.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Packers Pregame Thread

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:02 pm As for Green Bay's defense, it's interesting how much everybody is drooling over their two rookie corners. But let's not forget -- they're ROOKIE CORNERS, and Mitch Trubisky and the Bears receivers aren't exactly the second coming of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. These rookie corners haven't been truly challenged yet, and I look for John DeFilippo to dial up some formations and personnel groupings that will remind everybody that Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson have exactly one game in the NFL.
Man, looking at this game in retrospect, I think Filippo waited way to long to dial up the deep attempts. The Packers were vulnerable to the big passing plays - the Vikings just waited way too long to try them IMHO.