Reflecting on the QB situation

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Which option would you have picked?

Case Keenum 2 years, $36 million per year ($18/yr)
25%
Sam Bradford 1 year, $20 million ($20/yr)
No votes
Kirk Cousins 3 years $84 million ($28/yr)
75%

Total votes: 20

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Reflecting on the QB situation

Post by 720pete »

veryoldschool wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm Is this the I'm still sweet on my high school girlfriend thread. Teddy was so sweet and Case what a kisser but I really loved the way Sam dance, he was a dreamboat.
lmao :lol:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mansquatch wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am Just to pound home the issue with Keenum, he had 3 INT starting for DEN yesterday. We would have lost today if Cousins had committed that many turnovers. I thought Denver was silly to give him that contract, it was obvious that while he had a great year with us, he still was making the kinds of mistakes each week that prevent him from being a next level QB. The talent on our roster and coaching staff covered it up mostly, but luck was also a factor.

I get the line about "our offense was worse in 2015." I do not dispute that. But the main thrust of my point on Teddy was that he has NEVER put up numbers like the other guys. You can say that is because of the offense and maybe you are right, but NOBODY knows if that is true or not. No one has seen him play at that level because he has been injured almost non-stop since then. Can anyone truly blame the FO for not putting it's eggs in that basket of uncertainty when a guy like Cousins was on the market? I can't.
It seems to come down to whether one prefers statistics or analysis. I'm not particularly swayed by statistics. I think using statistics to try to measure and gauge the quality of a player is lazy, and usually ignorant.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

veryoldschool wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm Is this the I'm still sweet on my high school girlfriend thread. Teddy was so sweet and Case what a kisser but I really loved the way Sam dance, he was a dreamboat.
But married my cousin for his money.