C.J. Ham’s Versatility, Diligence in Playbook Keys Benefiting Vikings Offense

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

C.J. Ham’s Versatility, Diligence in Playbook Keys Benefiting Vikings Offense

Post by Cliff »

I thought this was a pretty good article about Ham. He's coming into year 3 and I think he might be another good weapon on offense.
EAGAN, Minn. – The Vikings needed to get out of their own territory, and they looked to C.J. Ham to help them advance.

On second-and-8 from his own 5, Kirk Cousins faked a handoff to running back Latavius Murray and instead wound up from inside the end zone and connected with Ham, who made the catch just ahead of Rasheed Green before getting forced out of bounds on the left sideline by Green and K.J. Wright.

Ham’s 10-yard catch gave Minnesota some much-needed breathing room and set in motion a 97-yard drive – including another play by Ham for 16 yards – that ended with a 1-yard touchdown by Murray.

It’s not uncommon for fullbacks to be in on plays near the end zone … when it’s at the other end. But Ham’s versatility has enabled the Vikings to utilize him in more roles than one.

“Kirk has told me that he really likes having me in there in some of those situations, so I take pride in that,” Ham said. “If Kirk likes me in there, I want to make sure I’m doing the right things when I’m in there with him. Coming from a running back background, being able to catch the ball, I think it just adds value to my position.”
Read more