Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Adrian Peterson

Post by Raptorman »

Here's to hoping he puts up 200+ yards against the Packers this week. Heck, I would love to see him break the rushing record against the Packers. :whistle:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

He's having a fine year so fart. Happy for him. 5th in rushing and legit shot at passing those higher than him. I think it really depends on his health.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'm happy to see him doing well.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm He's having a fine year so fart. Happy for him. 5th in rushing and legit shot at passing those higher than him. I think it really depends on his health.
It sounds like you are telling me to fart because he's having a good season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Let 'er rip!
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

From what i see, ap is still faster and stronger than any rb on our team. Being a huge a.p fan im not suprised, glad he gets yet another chance to proof even if he is a one trick pony he is still the best pure runner this league has seen in 20 years. Love the way the redskins are using him, wish we could of done the same in his prime. Glad to see most people are wishing him sucess, to others who said he was done/slow/broken, ha! Dude still could shred cook in a 40m
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm Let 'er rip!
:lol:

AP is killing it on my fantasy roster. :rock:
Tene Quod Bene
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Oh yeah Peterson is doing great for a 33 year old. 19 rush 120 yards 2td against the Packers who he always done well against.
Everyone else

Case Keenum 22-34 192 yards 1 interception 67.3 rating
Sam Bradford 13-19 157 yards 2td 2 int 89.0 rating 2 Fumbles 1 loss (Bench for Josh Rosen after two 1st quarter TDs.)
Jarius Wright 1 rec 7 yards
Cordarrelle Patterson 1 rec 12 yards
Shamar Stephens 3 total tackles
Emmanuel Lamur 1 tackle
Rhett Ellison 3 rec 39 yards 1 td

Edit: Rhett Ellison
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Case Keenum 21-33 245 yards 1 int sacked 4 times Qb rating 73.4
Rhett Ellison 3 rec 29 yards
C Patterson 1 rush 11 yards 3 rec 54 yards 1 td had a nice 55 recpetion by Brady.
Everyone else DNP, Benched (Sam Bradford) or had a bye week (Adrian)
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

:lol: I'm hoping they beat up on the Saints tonight.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed [the Vikings didn’t offer him a new deal],” Peterson told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “After spending 10 years with a team, you would think you would get some type of offer. I talked to [General Manager Rick Spielman] at the exit interviews and he said, ‘How do you feel about coming back?’ I said, ‘I’m open to it.’

“The next time I heard from him was he was calling me to say that they signed [Latavius] Murray. . . . They weren’t going to pay me $18 million, but from what I’d done over 10 years, maybe something more reasonable. But those conversations never started.”

Read more
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

That kinda sucks just because you'd like to see AP in a Vikings uniform if they ever do reach a SB here soon, but it was time to move. Even though I think AP has something left to give a team (such as like he's doing in Washington), the fit wasn't there anymore.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 pm That kinda sucks just because you'd like to see AP in a Vikings uniform if they ever do reach a SB here soon, but it was time to move. Even though I think AP has something left to give a team (such as like he's doing in Washington), the fit wasn't there anymore.
Agree on all counts. He'd be a terrible fit in John D. Fillipo's offense. It was time to move on for sure. I hope he keeps it going in DC. I think he is a scheme fit there.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 pm That kinda sucks just because you'd like to see AP in a Vikings uniform if they ever do reach a SB here soon, but it was time to move. Even though I think AP has something left to give a team (such as like he's doing in Washington), the fit wasn't there anymore.
I agree he isn’t a fit for the current team, but there is also no way he would have stayed with us for the veteran’s minimum he is taking with Washington now.