2018 Training Camp Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: 2018 Training Camp Thread

Post by jackal »

I'm still a little bent about not drafting
guard in the first. In fact I wouldn't
have minded picking up Richie I.
as well.

Hopefully Compton or one or
two of the other guys works out
well...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

S197 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm So Elflein on PUP, Hill is food poisoned, and Remmers is now questionable. They've had the pads on for two practices and 60% of our line is banged up. Even if everyone comes back before the start of the season, there will be no time to gel. More worrisome with a new QB and OL coach(es)....
All those guys played together last season. This isn't a brand new unit anymore. Losing Sparano is the biggest loss. I agree it isn't ideal, but I think we as fans got used to going into each season with a brand new dumpster fire within this position group. That isn't the case this year. We've got some guys switching positions a bit, but the starters all have at least one season under their belts together.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

According to Courtney Cronin and Darren Wolfson, Remmers is expected to miss only a couple of practices. Which is a HUGE sigh of relief.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

For some reason Barr sat out of team drills yesterday afternoon. When asked he referred reporters to Zimmer.

Odd.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Tavern_Wino
Practice Squad

Post by Tavern_Wino »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:05 am For some reason Barr sat out of team drills yesterday afternoon. When asked he referred reporters to Zimmer.

Odd.
I am under the assumption that something is up here. He is watching everyone around him get paid, and he is sitting there with his hand out looking for his.

Is it possible (assuming here) that he is possibly traded soon, maybe for some offensive line help or possible pick?

The whole situation seems sour, and it's not typically how the front office operates in my opinion. If he is hellbent on getting a new contract he is going about it the wrong way by pouting and being distant from his teammates and the media. Something has to give.
Boomer Sooner
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Tavern_Wino wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:43 am I am under the assumption that something is up here. He is watching everyone around him get paid, and he is sitting there with his hand out looking for his.

Is it possible (assuming here) that he is possibly traded soon, maybe for some offensive line help or possible pick?

The whole situation seems sour, and it's not typically how the front office operates in my opinion. If he is hellbent on getting a new contract he is going about it the wrong way by pouting and being distant from his teammates and the media. Something has to give.
Could be he's wanting to be paid more than the off-ball linebacker he has been and more like an edge rusher. There are a few million reasons why he could he wanting that. If that's the case, I can see the sticking point. But he supposedly took out injury insurance so if it's not injury-related, what could it be? Pissing off Zimmer? It's odd. Hopefully he's back at it today.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer said Barr had a tweak and he's not being traded. He should be out there today.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Easton missing this morning. Snapping to Cousins is something named Cornelius Edison.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@CourtneyRCronin
4h
Nick Easton, Pat Elflein and Mike Remmers took in walk thru as spectators. OL today: Reiff, Compton, Edison, Isidora, Hill.
Seems the OL is still thin with 3 starters missing.

Damm

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
Vikings left guard Nick Easton will seek a second opinion this week for neck and back injuries, a source tells ESPN. Easton missed Saturday's practice and is being held out today along with starters Pat Elflein and Mike Remmers. Third-string center Cornelius Edison is working...
1:40 PM - 6 Aug 2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Diggs and Rhodes held out of practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMFT-5t ... e=youtu.be
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Ross Tucker

@RossTuckerNFL
Given his track record Vikings GM Rick Spielman isn't going to sit back and let the OL be what prevents team from chance to win it all.

Trade with Eagles for Warmack, Seumalo, or possibly even Wisniewski?
Cliff
Site Admin

Stefon Diggs and Xavier Rhodes: All is well after “family thing”

Post by Cliff »

Wide receiver Stefon Diggs and cornerback Xavier Rhodes were on the same page Thursday after being held out of Wednesday afternoon’s practice by head coach Mike Zimmer. Zimmer said the pair “did not make me happy” by getting into it with one another during a walkthrough on Wednesday morning and called their behavior “juvenile” on
Read more
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Hell no. We should stick it to the Eagles by any means necessary. FTE.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

Crap. Ok, I'll kick that elephant in the room. With losing Easton for the year anybody think Slick Rick would like to have that Rd. 1 pick back? Yes, I know hind sight is 20/20 and I know Hughes will be great. But our weakest area just got weaker before game one of the preseason. Makes me nervous.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Dakotavike wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:56 pm Crap. Ok, I'll kick that elephant in the room. With losing Easton for the year anybody think Slick Rick would like to have that Rd. 1 pick back? Yes, I know hind sight is 20/20 and I know Hughes will be great. But our weakest area just got weaker before game one of the preseason. Makes me nervous.
I honestly think that after round 2 Slick Rick would have liked to have had Round 1 back. I think he knew after that early run of linemen second round that he made a mistake.