Vikings 2018 UDFAs

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Vikings 2018 UDFAs

Post by dead_poet »

CB Holton Hill
OLB Garrett Dooley
WR Jake Weineke
DE Hurcules Mata'afa
WR Jeff Badet
TE Tyler Hoppes
QB Pete Pujals
RB Mike Boone
RB Kamryn Pettway
S Tray Matthews
WR Korey Robertson
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings 2018 UDFAs

Post by dead_poet »

Been hearing good things of Hill.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

dead_poet wrote:Been hearing good things of Hill.
Sounds like he has some maturity issues. From a football standpoint, sounds like a less talented rhodes.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

We met with Badet a lot. He’s a pretty legit returner if Hughes didn’t pan out there but I don’t see how he won’t. Kids a stud of a returner at UCF
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Kinda like the Hill pick. Taller then Hughes, and better against the run. But Hughes is going to be the return man, i have no doubt at all about that. And he may be a damn good one. Going to suck to see Sherels go, hes been a favorite Viking of mine.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Kamryn Pettway Might be a real good pickup. A good switch from Cook, and hes a big man, going to be hard to stop on 3rd and short, and goal line. Plus it sounds like he can block well, maybe a beefy FB for Cook.

Why can I find any info on the 2 WR's we got? IMO we need WR more then CB. If anyone thinks Wright from the Bears is going to be a threat, think again. And I wont even start on Treadbadly. Coley might actually get some plays.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Had to check. Hercules Mata'afa is from Maui, Hawaii. Would be nice to have a Hawaii tie to the Vikings again.

Maui's Hercules Mataafa excited to be on the doorstep of the NFL
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Good read. Hill should be interesting,hopefully he can stay clean. Sounds like a couple guys might make the PS at least.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Recent history suggests we just signed a 53-man roster player. My money is on Hercules or Holton Hill.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Recent history suggests we just signed a 53-man roster player. My money is on Hercules or Holton Hill.
I like what I've seen about Hercules too. His tape shows a player with great instinct and explosiveness. The question is, what position will they put him at? LB? DE? I suppose special teams coverage unit to begin with, but it'll be interesting to see if they try to get him to add some bulk and play on the edge, or prefer to try him at a new position.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Recent history suggests we just signed a 53-man roster player. My money is on Hercules or Holton Hill.
I like what I've seen about Hercules too. His tape shows a player with great instinct and explosiveness. The question is, what position will they put him at? LB? DE? I suppose special teams coverage unit to begin with, but it'll be interesting to see if they try to get him to add some bulk and play on the edge, or prefer to try him at a new position.
How did he move in space in workouts? I'm assuming teams tried him out at LB. I could see him as a purely downhill MLB in base with Kendricks moving outside if he somehow happens to make the team. Perhaps he could be Practice Squad and add enough weight to hold up at 3tech (maybe, get to 265?). Not holding my breath on him panning out, but a fun prospect.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

I just wanted to throw a name out there because he went to the high school that I teach at. Kamari Cotton-Moya. He is having a three day tryout this weekend with the Vikes. Was a safety/corner at Iowa State. If he makes it, going to be pumped!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 am Recent history suggests we just signed a 53-man roster player. My money is on Hercules or Holton Hill.
I think we signed at least 3.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966