2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:10 am
Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:25 am

In other words, the Bears will have something to play for next weekend so it looks like the Vikings will be playing against Chicago's starters.
With Seattle winning, there's no backing in now (I don't see Philly losing to Washington). I don't know what's worse, winning to get in or losing in the first round of the playoffs. I take solace in the Vikings will find a way to do the worse of the two.
Which means they will blow a 21 point lead with 2:00 left jn the NFCC Game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:10 am
Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:25 am

In other words, the Bears will have something to play for next weekend so it looks like the Vikings will be playing against Chicago's starters.
With Seattle winning, there's no backing in now (I don't see Philly losing to Washington). I don't know what's worse, winning to get in or losing in the first round of the playoffs. I take solace in the Vikings will find a way to do the worse of the two.
This is the Vikings, don't underestimate their ability to do both as poorly as possible.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Starting to see Dirk Koetter linked to us for an OC. I really like the sounds of that. He’s been a solid OC for quite a while now. Kind of similar to Zim. Everywhere he’s been, he’s had a good offense. Whereas Zimmer has had a good defense pretty much everywhere he has been
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 am Starting to see Dirk Koetter linked to us for an OC. I really like the sounds of that. He’s been a solid OC for quite a while now. Kind of similar to Zim. Everywhere he’s been, he’s had a good offense. Whereas Zimmer has had a good defense pretty much everywhere he has been

He's been offered the Falcons OC job since being mentioned as a candidate for the Vikings. I mentioned it in the "Off season changes/hirings & firings" thread and there's a link there. I don't know if he'll take the job but apparently, it's been offered...
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Stefanksi is a finalist for the HC job in Cleveland. On his way back to Cleveland for a 2nd interview. It's him or Freddie Kitchens. I would think Kitchens has the advantage, but the fact that Stefanksi is getting a 2nd interview is big.

https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/stat ... 1100124166
Damian
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Dames wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm Stefanksi is a finalist for the HC job in Cleveland. On his way back to Cleveland for a 2nd interview. It's him or Freddie Kitchens. I would think Kitchens has the advantage, but the fact that Stefanksi is getting a 2nd interview is big.

What happened to them hiring McCarthy?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Koetter and Mularkey were tied to the Vikings OC opening. And both got hired by Falcons.
Zim don't screw this up. :whistle:
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:36 pm
Dames wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm Stefanksi is a finalist for the HC job in Cleveland. On his way back to Cleveland for a 2nd interview. It's him or Freddie Kitchens. I would think Kitchens has the advantage, but the fact that Stefanksi is getting a 2nd interview is big.

What happened to them hiring McCarthy?
McCarthy is apparently only interested in the Jets job.

Looks like Kitchens is officially the new HC of the Browns as of a few minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1 ... 9673738247

Also, on a side note, Vic Fangio is the new HC of Denver:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 4657191936

I know some Bears fans that are going to hate that!
Damian
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Is there a FA thread?

I was looking at the FA safeties and there are a number of really good ones...here's the list:
Safeties
Mike Adams
Adrian Amos
Tre Boston
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Landon Collins
Clayton Geathers
George Iloka
Lamarcus Joyner
Tyrann Mathieu
Mike Mitchell
Adrian Phillips
Curtis Riley
Earl Thomas
Kenny Vaccaro
Jimmie Ward

If we were to cut Sendejo loose, who would you want on a reasonable contract? I understand O-Line is (should be) #1 priority, but just curious to see who you guys think would fit well with the team and along side Harry.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm fine with Harris taking over.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 pm I'm fine with Harris taking over.
Harris had a real strong season last year.
I also thought Wison at LB had a good season.

Kind a little surprised they signed Barr for that much money. I was ok with him going to the Jets
WallytheVike
Practice Squad

Post by WallytheVike »

dead_poet wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:14 pm Post notes that don't necessarily deserve their own thread here
Oh boy get ready for more delays and commercials. I'm not sure what the answer is but instant replay for both non calls and calls on pass interference? I wish they'd look at hiring guys that can keep up with the game. They should be looking at ways to speed the game up and they're doing just the opposite. What really surprises me is the coaches are the ones that pushed this through. I like replay for catches and TD's but not for pass interference. I guess we'll see how it goes maybe it will grow on me.