2018 Free Agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2018 Free Agency

Post by dead_poet »

Visits, rumors, etc. Obviously Cousins is the big name tied to the Vikes right now but there are a few others I have my eye on.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2018 Free Agency

Post by dead_poet »

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are shopping RT Ja'Wuan James.

Solid RT that seems to be being cut due to the Dolphins' atrocious cap situation. Was out much of last year with a groin injury but he's a Rick AND Zim target: Former first-rounder coming off his rookie deal. Was a top-5 pass-blocker (per PFF) before going down. Was effective the year prior as well. Only knock on him has really been his ability to stay healthy. He's been banged up with stingers, toe injury and the groin but has been effective when on the field. Feels like a Remmers-type signing. Keep Remmers at G.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Just putting this out there for awareness. I highly doubt we go for him. And despite the obvious talent, I'm not a fan.

Ndamukong Suh - DL - Free Agent
Dolphins released Ndamukong Suh.

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports the move could be made as early as Monday, but Miami will likely wait until the new league year begins to make it official. Multiple reports have pointed to the Dolphins cutting ties with the All-Pro, and Suh himself hinted at the move in a tweet on Monday morning. Cutting him will save Miami at least $3.9 million against the cap, and a post-June 1 cut would save them around $17 million this year while kicking some dead cap down the road. Suh's contract was bloated, but he remains one of the top defensive tackles in the game. Even at 31, he will have a strong market.
Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I did just start up the same thread a few weeks ago. Unless this one is different
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

dead_poet wrote:Just putting this out there for awareness. I highly doubt we go for him. And despite the obvious talent, I'm not a fan.

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports the move could be made as early as Monday, but Miami will likely wait until the new league year begins to make it official. Multiple reports have pointed to the Dolphins cutting ties with the All-Pro, and Suh himself hinted at the move in a tweet on Monday morning. Cutting him will save Miami at least $3.9 million against the cap, and a post-June 1 cut would save them around $17 million this year while kicking some dead cap down the road. Suh's contract was bloated, but he remains one of the top defensive tackles in the game. Even at 31, he will have a strong market.

Zim has a history of rehabing guys like Suh and Suh's talent is impressive. Could be an awesome signing or terrible...
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

mansquatch wrote:
dead_poet wrote:Just putting this out there for awareness. I highly doubt we go for him. And despite the obvious talent, I'm not a fan.

Zim has a history of rehabing guys like Suh and Suh's talent is impressive. Could be an awesome signing or terrible...
If the money is right sure but I would not go out on a limb with this guy. I'm leaning towards "pass".
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I did just start up the same thread a few weeks ago. Unless this one is different
I saw one dedicated to the Vikes free agents. Did I miss one? Felt odd.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:I did just start up the same thread a few weeks ago. Unless this one is different
Yeah I misread that for some reason haha. My bad man! I thought this was dedicated to what we did in FA which is what I posted. I didn’t realize it was dedicated to all of FA until after I posted that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Yeah I misread that for some reason haha. My bad man! I thought this was dedicated to what we did in FA which is what I posted. I didn’t realize it was dedicated to all of FA until after I posted that
[Finger backs slowly away from the warning button]
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Suh would great, and I think if it became a matter of Suh's willpower against Zim's, Zim wins. If we had that ever so slight chance of getting Brees, it wont happen. With Cousins it wouldnt happen for long. That right there would be a buttload of cap space.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pass on Suh. I like this team's chemistry, no need to bring in a dirty player no matter how much potential.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
[Finger backs slowly away from the warning button]
:lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Looks like Case Keenum is heading to Denver, according to Schefter. Hope the best for him, but doubtful since Denver is awful.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are shopping RT Ja'Wuan James.

Solid RT that seems to be being cut due to the Dolphins' atrocious cap situation. Was out much of last year with a groin injury but he's a Rick AND Zim target: Former first-rounder coming off his rookie deal. Was a top-5 pass-blocker (per PFF) before going down. Was effective the year prior as well. Only knock on him has really been his ability to stay healthy. He's been banged up with stingers, toe injury and the groin but has been effective when on the field. Feels like a Remmers-type signing. Keep Remmers at G.
Please, don't keep Remmers at Guard. He was terrible at Guard.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:Pass on Suh. I like this team's chemistry, no need to bring in a dirty player no matter how much potential.
Speaking of dirty players, I'm intersted in Jensen, the FA center for the ravens. He could be a low end interior OL with a nasty streak.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins