[Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

[Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

Post by YikesVikes »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... ar-BBK5wso

Not sure if already posted but debate!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

Post by Texas Vike »

YikesVikes wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... ar-BBK5wso

Not sure if already posted but debate!
If true, I'd love it. :v):
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If this is true, it means Cousins maybe didnt try to get every dollar he could, but wants to be on a team that has a chance of being on a SB. God, thats a lot of money though. It sounds like a better deal then Garappalo. He had a half of a good season. But then he was on a #### team. The money these QBs make could set a normal man up for life in 1/2 a year.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Adam Caplan: from people I trust, Kirk Cousins will go to the #Vikings...at least $27 million per season.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

https://twitter.com/SayreBedinger/statu ... 06849?s=20
Vikings trying to drive down the price on their own guys by leaking these fake Cousins rumors. Everyone who is actually close to MIN is saying they don’t want to overpay. People blatantly ignoring that.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

How would the Vikings lying about the price of Cousin's be to their advantage? Like the Broncos, AZ, etc wont check the price? And they dont know the deed cant be done till next week?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:If this is true, it means Cousins maybe didnt try to get every dollar he could, but wants to be on a team that has a chance of being on a SB. God, thats a lot of money though. It sounds like a better deal then Garappalo. He had a half of a good season. But then he was on a #### team. The money these QBs make could set a normal man up for life in 1/2 a year.
Not sure why you or anyone else would believe he’d drain us for every dollar. It’s been reported multiple times that he would take less from a better team. He himself has came out and said it’s not about the money for him. And yeah Jimmy was on a terrible team but so was Cousins. The skins would have about 3-4 wins without cousins
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Wait, couldn't at least $27M still mean $30M? Am I missing something here?

I'm going to eat at least 3 munchkin donuts right now.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Needs a credible source, wtf is a Yardbarker? Wtf is an Adam Caplan, a guy from my local Roberto’s Taco Shop?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

It is hard to believe. Cousins wont go to any team for a penny under 30 mil. The whole thing is fishy. I was kind of excited at first, but its not making sense now. If they said 35 mil, I would believe it a lot more easily.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:It is hard to believe. Cousins wont go to any team for a penny under 30 million.
That’s nothing but speculation nor do I believe that is true
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Re: [Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

Post by S197 »

Updated title as there's not a lot of supporting evidence even in the "plethora of reports" link.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

the big deal in almost all nfl contracts are guarantees. they could probably get him for 3 years at 25-27 mil if every dollar, like the rumor is stating, are guaranteed. 32 mil a year for 3-4 years dont mean #### to them if only 40 are guaranteed
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

I'd rather give Brees a 1 yr 40 million dollar contract (I'm exaggerating a little), draft a QB and give him a deal the Saints cannot match with a rookie QB contract next year giving us room to sign our guys afterwards. My next choice would be the decision to get 2 bargain basement QBs to set our future up for a very long time in terms of cap room defensive talent and flexibility moving forward, with the ability to fit in a QB or trade for one later on.
I don't really know the numbers to keep any one of our 3 QBs so I will omit the most as a choice for now.
Then Cousins...
After that I suppose I would do what we have to in order to trade way up and get who we like in the draft. The cost would be a little ridiculous, but if the alternative is paying a bunch of money to an unknown QB like AJ McCarron
Don't like the idea of not being able to keep all of our core players into their second contract without much compensation and sign free agents and having wiggle room for if/when things don't go as planned.
The reason we couldn't beat the Eagles was the battle in the trenches so we need to upgrade heavily inside at DT and OL before we make QB the priority IMO, unless the QB is a future hall of fame. Our OL and WRs and defense getting 3 and outs will make a QBs job easy.
So I'm totally on board getting high end DT and OL and going super super cheap at QB for a year and if the experiment of giving 2 $2M QBs and Kyle Sloter doesn't work out at least one of the most will emerge as a quality backup and by then we will have the resources to go and get a QB and have tons of cap flexibility and the pieces around him to succeed, just my outside the box take.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mike2mike wrote:I'd rather give Brees a 1 yr 40 million dollar contract (I'm exaggerating a little), draft a QB and give him a deal the Saints cannot match with a rookie QB contract next year giving us room to sign our guys afterwards. My next choice would be the decision to get 2 bargain basement QBs to set our future up for a very long time in terms of cap room defensive talent and flexibility moving forward, with the ability to fit in a QB or trade for one later on.
I don't really know the numbers to keep any one of our 3 QBs so I will omit the most as a choice for now.
Then Cousins...
After that I suppose I would do what we have to in order to trade way up and get who we like in the draft. The cost would be a little ridiculous, but if the alternative is paying a bunch of money to an unknown QB like AJ McCarron
Don't like the idea of not being able to keep all of our core players into their second contract without much compensation and sign free agents and having wiggle room for if/when things don't go as planned.
The reason we couldn't beat the Eagles was the battle in the trenches so we need to upgrade heavily inside at DT and OL before we make QB the priority IMO, unless the QB is a future hall of fame. Our OL and WRs and defense getting 3 and outs will make a QBs job easy.
So I'm totally on board getting high end DT and OL and going super super cheap at QB for a year and if the experiment of giving 2 $2M QBs and Kyle Sloter doesn't work out at least one of the most will emerge as a quality backup and by then we will have the resources to go and get a QB and have tons of cap flexibility and the pieces around him to succeed, just my outside the box take.
Let me get this straight, you’d rather get “2 bargain QBs” over Cousins. All in hopes that they work out? And that somehow “sets our future up long term”. Sorry but that makes no sense. If anything, it puts us behind. Because again, we would be fishing for QBs. The same thing we’ve been doing for the past how many years and look where it’s gotten us.

So many fans are so worried about “keeping the D together”. That’s on Spielman and Zim. No reason they can’t do it if hey keep drafting well. Not sure why this is so hard to figure out. Zims defensive drafts have been on point ever since he’s been here. Outside of Floyd (who was a stud when he played) he hasn’t missed on many early defensive picks. So if Barr or hunter have to leave because of cap reasons (which there is still a way to get around and the article of how has been posted on here) then we should be drafting behind these guys or drafting when the time comes. Are we really worried that Zim and Spielman are incapable of finding a good LB or DE?? If we draft Arden Key this year and let hunter walk next year, who cares. We already had his replacement.

Again, this D is always going to be good with Zim here. And he’s always going to be grooming new players. So why are we so worried there? It’s like some think if we lose one guy or two at the most this whole D is going to fall apart. 1.) there’s no reason we couldn’t keep those guys even with cousins and 2.) even if we lost one or two guys, I trust Zim to cover himself there.

I’m not worried at all. Sign cousins. Enough with the “let’s keep signing mediocre QBs just so we can save all our money for a rainy day”. It’s gotten us nowhere. Time for a change. And with flip now here, Cousins is even more appealing
-Chazz Palminteri