[Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: [Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

Post by Maelstrom88 »

YikesVikes wrote:Sam to Cards.
Those compensation picks are going to be fantastic.
I'm guessing a 4 for Sam and a 5/6 for Teddy. Case would have been a 3 but Cousin cancels him out.
Nice!
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

YikesVikes wrote:Sam to Cards.
Those compensation picks are going to be fantastic.
I'm guessing a 4 for Sam and a 5/6 for Teddy. Case would have been a 3 but Cousin cancels him out.
Rumor is McKinnon might get $6M too. Hope he plays a lot of snaps.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote:
I love this signing. I'm not stat digging. I'm mentioning the negatives that comes with this guy. He has some blemishes to a very good resume. His pocket awareness is an issue, one that I hope gets corrected with us.

Yes, I do think there is a difference in fumbles. There are sometimes a guy has no chance I'm the pocket because his LT whiffed and he gets crushed. Then there are times when a guy stands in a clean pocket too long and never feels the pressure. Too many of Kirks fumbles are the latter.

Bottom line, he's going to make us better but he like every play has a wart or two
Find it kind of odd how you drastically change your tone here but regardless, Cousins is our QB. Maybe we dont agree on certain things, but we got our guy and that's all I care about
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Who picked up McKinnon?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Who picked up McKinnon?

NFL Update
(@MySportsUpdate)
49ers, Bucs and Browns are among the teams interested in #Vikings free agent RB Jerick McKinnon.

Shawn Zobel
(@ShawnZobel)
Hearing that #Vikings RB Jerick McKinnon is fielding offers in the $6-7 million/year range and is one of the more coveted players in free agency. #49ers are a team to watch
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

808vikingsfan wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:Who picked up McKinnon?

NFL Update
(@MySportsUpdate)
49ers, Bucs and Browns are among the teams interested in #Vikings free agent RB Jerick McKinnon.

Shawn Zobel
(@ShawnZobel)
Hearing that #Vikings RB Jerick McKinnon is fielding offers in the $6-7 million/year range and is one of the more coveted players in free agency. #49ers are a team to watch
Probably can't afford him now that we got Cousins, but I would have loved to have dumped Latavius and given McKinnon some of his money. Now I'd just vote to drop Murray, draft a RB and sign a similar talent for way less money.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I dont see us losing Kendricks or Hunter as a sure thing. Remember there is a lot of money coming off of next years books with Robison along with others. Could be some surprise cuts like Rudy. Either way, this is more than doable to keep those guys. There was an article on exactly how we could do it.
Prior to Cousins, we were slated to be $67 million under the cap going into the 2019 season, when we'll need to re-sign Kendricks, Hunter, etc. I have every confidence that Spielman and Co. will work the numbers and sign who needs to be signed.

We as a fanbase need to wake up to the fact that we have one of the better organizations in the NFL. The Wilfs have done everything imaginable to bring us facilities and players. Spielman had dealt shrewdly in the draft and the occasional free agent signing. Mike Zimmer has been tremendous -- 39 regular season wins in 4 years, having taken over for a rebuild. It speaks volumes that Kirk Cousins likely could have gotten $10 million more somewhere else but chose the Vikings.

Obviously we still don't have that pesky Lombardi trophy, so there's no way we can call ours "the best" organization or even elite. But in every other aspect, we're there. In my opinion, the future is bright for the Vikings.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:I dont see us losing Kendricks or Hunter as a sure thing. Remember there is a lot of money coming off of next years books with Robison along with others. Could be some surprise cuts like Rudy. Either way, this is more than doable to keep those guys. There was an article on exactly how we could do it.
Prior to Cousins, we were slated to be $67 million under the cap going into the 2019 season, when we'll need to re-sign Kendricks, Hunter, etc. I have every confidence that Spielman and Co. will work the numbers and sign who needs to be signed.

We as a fanbase need to wake up to the fact that we have one of the better organizations in the NFL. The Wilfs have done everything imaginable to bring us facilities and players. Spielman had dealt shrewdly in the draft and the occasional free agent signing. Mike Zimmer has been tremendous -- 39 regular season wins in 4 years, having taken over for a rebuild. It speaks volumes that Kirk Cousins likely could have gotten $10 million more somewhere else but chose the Vikings.

Obviously we still don't have that pesky Lombardi trophy, so there's no way we can call ours "the best" organization or even elite. But in every other aspect, we're there. In my opinion, the future is bright for the Vikings.
:appl: Definitely
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Nice post. Totally agree. The culture is definitely changing for this team and I think the league sees it as well.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Exactly how I feel Kapp!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
I love this signing. I'm not stat digging. I'm mentioning the negatives that comes with this guy. He has some blemishes to a very good resume. His pocket awareness is an issue, one that I hope gets corrected with us.

Yes, I do think there is a difference in fumbles. There are sometimes a guy has no chance I'm the pocket because his LT whiffed and he gets crushed. Then there are times when a guy stands in a clean pocket too long and never feels the pressure. Too many of Kirks fumbles are the latter.

Bottom line, he's going to make us better but he like every play has a wart or two
Find it kind of odd how you drastically change your tone here but regardless, Cousins is our QB. Maybe we dont agree on certain things, but we got our guy and that's all I care about
Nope. Been consistently pro Cousins and hoping that some of the bad tape on him is simply because of the Skins team. Praying he leads us to a Superbowl and wins.
Last edited by YikesVikes on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

YikesVikes wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

Nope. Been consistently pro Cousins and hoping that some of the bad rape on him is simply because of the Skins team. Praying he leads up to a Superbowl and wins.
Oof. Brutal Autocorrect.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wonder who they have in mind as their backup QB? Draft someone they think could start i a pinch? Slotter (yikes). Or a cheap FA.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Wonder who they have in mind as their backup QB? Draft someone they think could start i a pinch? Slotter (yikes). Or a cheap FA.
R4-5 QB
Tom Savage
AJ McCarron
Matt Moore
Geno Smith
Brock Osweiler
Blaine Gabbart
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:Wonder who they have in mind as their backup QB? Draft someone they think could start i a pinch? Slotter (yikes). Or a cheap FA.
R4-5 QB
Tom Savage
AJ McCarron
Matt Moore
Geno Smith
Brock Osweiler
Blaine Gabbart
I can see mccarron going to buffalo. They need a vet. Badly. They are gonna draft a QB. I would probably take matt Moore or Gabbert out of those guys
-Chazz Palminteri