PHP's "Run to the SB" Mock

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: PHP's "Run to the SB" Mock

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:Crazy that the LB is missing his entire hand and can be that successful.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Kid is a stud. He’s deadly when blitzing. But he’d be a steal IMO in the 6th. At WORST he’s a stud special team IMO
I can see him being the "feel good" story on day 3 of the draft. There's always one guy and it seems like his journey is as good as anyone's.

German Unicorn! :banana:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

i made a little mock draft too, but its too raw now to even write up. But my main player I want with our first pick is Price. I am also really hoping for 1 more Oline guy, but if we get Cousins it would be a tad spendy. Price and Elf playing side by side would make me so happy. And a good young 3 tech DT. Im not sure what the fuss over a CB would be, Id rather look for a young QB to draft mid round, and a few kickers with the 6th round picks we get.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:i made a little mock draft too, but its too raw now to even write up. But my main player I want with our first pick is Price. I am also really hoping for 1 more Oline guy, but if we get Cousins it would be a tad spendy. Price and Elf playing side by side would make me so happy. And a good young 3 tech DT. Im not sure what the fuss over a CB would be, Id rather look for a young QB to draft mid round, and a few kickers with the 6th round picks we get.
Nice! Yeah I'd like to see more guys do them on here. They do take a while to make but they are fun reads. I'd love for Price to be paired with Elflein too. I'm not sure on CB either. I think a lot of analysts that actually think they know what they are talking about dont realize the giant jump Waynes made. Many either think Waynes is a liability or say "well Newman is retiring so they need a CB". One, it doesnt look like he's retiring and two, even if he did, we would need a mid-rounder or decent FA at most I would think. Especially with how well of a job Zim does coaching up his DBs. As for kickers, I definitely want to draft or sign one to compete with Forbath but I wouldnt waste more than 1 pick on one.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:i made a little mock draft too, but its too raw now to even write up. But my main player I want with our first pick is Price. I am also really hoping for 1 more Oline guy, but if we get Cousins it would be a tad spendy. Price and Elf playing side by side would make me so happy. And a good young 3 tech DT. Im not sure what the fuss over a CB would be, Id rather look for a young QB to draft mid round, and a few kickers with the 6th round picks we get.
Nice! Yeah I'd like to see more guys do them on here. They do take a while to make but they are fun reads. I'd love for Price to be paired with Elflein too. I'm not sure on CB either. I think a lot of analysts that actually think they know what they are talking about dont realize the giant jump Waynes made. Many either think Waynes is a liability or say "well Newman is retiring so they need a CB". One, it doesnt look like he's retiring and two, even if he did, we would need a mid-rounder or decent FA at most I would think. Especially with how well of a job Zim does coaching up his DBs. As for kickers, I definitely want to draft or sign one to compete with Forbath but I wouldnt waste more than 1 pick on one.
The only kicker I would draft is Blankenship. I believe he will be a stud in the NFL. I could see him being drafted in the 5th or 6th round by someone who needs a kicker.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: PHP's

PurpleMustReign wrote:
The only kicker I would draft is Blankenship. I believe he will be a stud in the NFL. I could see him being drafted in the 5th or 6th round by someone who needs a kicker.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Him along with Carlson who I had us picking up in this mock. Carlson isnt as good as Blankenship but also didnt miss an XP in 4 years (granted they are shorter) and is right around 81% on his career
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Price is reported to have hurt his shoulder today during bench press drill at the combine,no word yet on severity.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Husker Vike wrote:Price is reported to have hurt his shoulder today during bench press drill at the combine,no word yet on severity.
Hope it's not a big deal, Vikings interviewed him earlier this week so there's definitely interest.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:
Husker Vike wrote:Price is reported to have hurt his shoulder today during bench press drill at the combine,no word yet on severity.
Hope it's not a big deal, Vikings interviewed him earlier this week so there's definitely interest.
Yeah I saw that. Really sucks. If it's severe I'll probably just change that pick to Isaiah Wynn- OG/OT out of Georgia
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

So I just revamped the first two rounds. We took Maurice Hurst- DT Michigan in the 1st and Will Hernandez- OG UTEP in the 2nd. This was actually the two scenarios I was debating when writing this up. Do I got DT then OG or OG then DT. So with Price going down I figured I'd switch it. I really wanted to plug Price in one of the later rounds for us but wasnt sure where to put him. Have to see the severity of the injury first.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Sign Suh!

Sign Suh!

Sigh Suh!

I don't even know if he is available, I'm just causing trouble.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:Sign Suh!

Sign Suh!

Sigh Suh!

I don't even know if he is available, I'm just causing trouble.
haha it would be intriguing if he was
-Chazz Palminteri