Biggest Need On The Team?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Biggest Need On The Team?

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:Biggest need? Upgrading the OL. Not sure if it can be done by just adding a couple of rookies.
We signed Tom Compton. #savior :D

I didn't hate what Isadora did in limited action. Hopefully they can land one of Price/Wynn. I'm not thrilled with Easton but he's a decent pass-blocker and isn't terrible. If we keep Remmers at RT then we can have a camp battle for just one RG position between Isadora, Compton and one or two rookies. That's workable as long as the winner isn't a below-average Clemmings-like liability.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

You never know, maybe they'll send Sparano, B.Rob, and Forbath down to wherever Berger lives, share a 6 pack with him, and get him to come back up on the company jet to rejoin the team just in time for week one.

It could happen!
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

mansquatch wrote:You never know, maybe they'll send Sparano, B.Rob, and Forbath down to wherever Berger lives, share a 6 pack with him, and get him to come back up on the company jet to rejoin the team just in time for week one.

It could happen!
Lol.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Vikefan60
Backup

Post by Vikefan60 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Biggest need? Upgrading the OL. Not sure if it can be done by just adding a couple of rookies.
It worked with a third round pick last season, so I am very hopeful we can make it two years in a row.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

After recent signings: RG, TE, DT, OLB. RG is a given and we need another pass catching TE. We really have no one behind Linval. Bradley is a small DT and Johnson struggles in run support. Wilson and Brothers provide some LB depth but we need another OLB to replace Lamur.

We also need depth at T, DE, and CB. That's 7 picks. With 8 picks right now, they could look at what appears to be a deep safety class, a QB to challenge Sloter or another lineman.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:
We signed Tom Compton. #savior :D

I didn't hate what Isadora did in limited action. Hopefully they can land one of Price/Wynn. I'm not thrilled with Easton but he's a decent pass-blocker and isn't terrible. If we keep Remmers at RT then we can have a camp battle for just one RG position between Isadora, Compton and one or two rookies. That's workable as long as the winner isn't a below-average Clemmings-like liability.
Dont forget the G they signed from Philly. He could also be in the mix.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins