2018 Season opening game.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Who do the Viknigs play in the first game of 2018?

@Eagles
71%
Saints
5%
Packers
5%
Rams
19%

Total votes: 21

cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2018 Season opening game.

Post by cstelter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I can definitely see us beating Philly though. Especially if we improve the OL in the draft. Since 2015, Cousins is 4-2 against them. On a bad team. His only two losses since 2015 came this year. However, the 2nd game vs. the Eagles at Philly he played very well. Was 30 for 40 for 303, 3 TDs and 1 INT. But his D gave up 34 points. I would imagine Zim plays them much differently this time around. Definitely dont see our D giving up 38 points again. We then add in Dalvin Cook to the mix. I like our chances :rock:
Our D had nothing to do with the first 7 points the Eagles scored. That being said, I hope Zim does have a new plan that can limit them to less than 5 drives of > 60 yards each resulting in 31 points. After the end result, it's hard to believe that we were only down 14-7 with 4 minutes to play in the half when the D gave up their 2nd TD in a 2:07 drive for 75 yards followed quickly by a 29s 60 yard drive for a FG ending the half.
Craig S
MikethePurple
Veteran

Re: 2018 Season opening game.

Post by MikethePurple »

It'll be interesting to see who we'll be playing as well. Since Wentz went down so late in the year, do we see him or Foles at the helm for the first game of the year?