Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mawby wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Mawby wrote: I'm not a Saints fan and speaking from the #1 seed's point of view. You are scared and you should be.
:roll:

Please.

Troll level status: increasing.
Not trolling Commish. Just confident. Most comments here is all about how tough Minny's defense is at this point. Remember when we went up against Denver earlier this season, they had the #1 defense, and look what my Eagles did to them. People forget that. Even thought that was with Wentz, Foles is capable of doing the same as a pocket passer. All will see on Sunday. When this happens, anyone will see that I'm not trolling at all. I know my team. That's all.
Foles is capable of failing. Pretty much, that's it. He's Kyle Orton with a better haircut.

You're right. All will see on Sunday. Foles will fail. It's what he does.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mawby wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Mawby wrote: I'm not a Saints fan and speaking from the #1 seed's point of view. You are scared and you should be.

Please.

Not trolling Commish. Just confident. Most comments here is all about how tough Minny's defense is at this point. Remember when we went up against Denver earlier this season, they had the #1 defense, and look what my Eagles did to them. People forget that. Even thought that was with Wentz, Foles is capable of doing the same as a pocket passer. All will see on Sunday. When this happens, anyone will see that I'm not trolling at all. I know my team. That's all.
You've reiterated multiple times you have confidence in your team. That's great, as a fan that's what you're supposed to do. Why you're here I have no idea. Bang your "Eagles are so great" drum elsewhere, don't have the time or inclination to deal with someone who brings nothing to the table or can't engage in civil conversation.

tl;dr: Bye Felicia.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Mawby wrote:
Boon wrote:You cant play the underdog crap here. You maybe could pull that cliche against atlanta, not against minnesota. Just stop, this team is essentially playing at this level with a third stringer, all year minus 2 games. Not very late in the season like philly. Bradford started week 1 and week 5, where he only played a half before he couldnt even walk. The rest was case,and bridgewater wasnt there til late in the season.

Every year some fanbase and team tries this. The ONLY team this applies to this year is the jags. If anything it applies to the vikings more than the eagles. Just stop
I can see you are scared. You are trying to convince yourself the Vikes are that great. I'll be back after Sunday, and you'd better be here to eat your large plate of crow.
Dude, you sound just like a Saints fan from last week. See you Monday... bring a napkin.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Mawby wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Please.

again, how is this any different than our fans? should we not be confident in our team? should we not like our defense against the eagles offense? should we not feel like we can win this game? why not? good teams lose at home all the time in big games....trust us....we know. :cry:

you're acting like no one is giving you a chance to win! WHO?! i'll read through the thread again but I have yet to see this overconfidence from our fans that you're spouting off about. are you mad because of the betting lines? you know that isn't the media and fans right? and you know that line can change based on money too right? it's like you're making up all this stuff to be able to play the underdog thing up or something.

eagles are good. Vikings are good. eagles can win. Vikings can win. eagles fans think the eagles are going to win. Vikings fans think the Vikings are going to win. why is this a problem?

if you don't think it's possible for the vikes to win this game then frankly I don't know why you're here...
i'm ready for a beer.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

I'll be different...

THE VIKINGS ARE GOING TO STOMP YOUR IGGLES SO BADLY THAT YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO WATCH FOOTBALL AGAIN.

Harrison Smith is going to hit Foles so hard on a safety blitz that his whole family will feel it.

Keenum will drop beautiful rainbow touch passes over your DB's into the soft hands of Rudolph, Thielen and Diggs all night long.

Score Prediction: Vikings 72 - Eagles 0

Is that what you Eagles trolls were looking for? :rofl:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

C'mon guys, we're better than that. Just ignore the man and he'll go away.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Lol he won’t go away. He’ll continue to troll like the saints fans did. And guess what, we win and they get banned. It’s a win win.

As for mowby, sorry but you don’t know your team. You’re looking through green goggles. Not only am I a die hard vikings fan but I follow the nfl in general very closely. If you actually think that Nick Foles can do what Wentz can do as a pocket passer, you’re out of your tree and prove to just be a clueless fan that’s a blow hard for his own team.

You’re comparing Nick Foles as a pocket passer to someone that was in the MVP running. I love Case Keenum, who is much better than Foles and I wouldn’t even put Keenum near that category. That shows how little you know about “your team”

And the broncos?? Seriously? You mean the 5-11 Broncos?? You mean the same defense that gave up more points than anyone in their division? Including the Raiders who you snuck by??

That would be like us bragging that we beat the Bears TWICE who had the same record as the broncos :roll: yeah go us!

Take a hike dude you’re drunk
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I guess my comment wasn't clear, the guy has been banned.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote:I guess my comment wasn't clear, the guy has been banned.
Aw shucks. This was kinda fun. I mean, you gotta admit ... Nick Foles is Kyle Orton with a better haircut ... that sh!t is funny!

OK. Bring on the next troll. We'll devour him, too.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
S197 wrote:I guess my comment wasn't clear, the guy has been banned.
Aw shucks. This was kinda fun. I mean, you gotta admit ... Nick Foles is Kyle Orton with a better haircut ... that sh!t is funny!

OK. Bring on the next troll. We'll devour him, too.
Haha I’m right with ya Kapp!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

My biggest disappointment is hearing (repeatedly) how Vikings fans shouldn't wear team colors or fall victim to assault.

That's equal parts sad and infuriating. It's a game. We're all humans. WTF. Maybe try not being an a**hole?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:My biggest disappointment is hearing (repeatedly) how Vikings fans shouldn't wear team colors or fall victim to assault.

That's equal parts sad and infuriating. It's a game. We're all humans. WTF. Maybe try not being an a**hole?
Especially by concerned Eagle's fans.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

mansquatch wrote:
EagleRob wrote: C'mon now... you can only play who's in front of you. Minimalizing our efforts vs this team, while enhancing our efforts vs another... isn't fair. That's like me saying, you guys lost to the Panthers, who beat, which means....

No, it doesn't work that way, each weak it's situational.

What Eagles are holding our hats on is that you guys aren't the same team out of the dome. And in our house, like you at your own... we are even better.
Riddle me this: Are all NFL teams equal? The answer is obvious. I'm not taking away from the fact that you are HERE. You are the #1 seed. But you also have a had a very soft schedule to get here. That matters. The Vikings have had ease as well. But, we also went 4-1 vs. the NFC S, including beating the Saints twice.

We also normally face 2 great to elite QBs in Rogers and Stafford 4x a year. This year we only saw Stafford twice. We also saw Brees twice and a lesser Ryan once.

Your schedule in 2017 features no equivalent other than the pedestrian Ryan last week. You beat the RAMs in a shootout, we DOMINATED the Rams. You beat ATL in a tight game at home. We crushed them on the road.

You cannot deny that this it the first game of the season where you are going to play an elite, well balanced team. The only defense your team has seen that is even close to what the Vikings will field on Sunday was an injury riddled SEA team who completely upended you. That doens't mean you can't do it, it just means that up until now you haven't done it.

This game will prove if you are in that class or not. To be honest, I wish Wentz was playing because I still thought all season that if we went head to head, we'd beat you. (And I like him, his being a Midwestern QB product and all.) Not having him in there cheapens this game, and that isn't a jab at you or your team, I wanted to see both of these teams slug it out at full power to prove who is the best. Win or lose, this game is going to tell us who the Eagles really are.
Seattle injury riddled? You do know how many players we had lost up to that point already right? Starting LT, K, MLB, Pro Bowl punt returner and special teamer Marigoes.(sp?) You think Seattle's D was the reason we lost the game, I can see how you can come to that conclusion by the score. Wilson is why we lost the game. We just couldn't stop his ability to extend plays. We had some costly turnovers in that came as well. Look up the stats... not just the score, we outgained them, held the ball longer, just made some costly errors. They won, so I can't deny that. But beating Seattle... in Seattle... is not easy. We all know that right?

You know where it's also not easy playing at? You guys came in undefeated last year, but only scored 10 points. Would you call that manhandling? I wouldn't. It just goes to show you the importance of playing in your house.

PS. I'm purposely on here not to be confrontational and disrespect your board like the Mawby guy. I've been on several football boards with Eagles teams... never came across this other poster on here. I'm telling you... he's probably not an Eagle.
Last edited by EagleRob on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
EagleRob wrote:
mansquatch wrote:Not trying to ruffly feathers here, but for the most part you've played a cake schedule to get here. In the regular season your best win was beating the other NFC pretender, the RAMS, in a shootout at their stadium. (uh defense?) I give props for the road win. That same Rams team came to MN and got held to 7 points. In the playoffs you beat the 6 seed, a flawed ATL team whose offense is a shadow of it's 2016 self. Again Kudos to you, but the Viking went on the road and trounced that team in their own stadium, holding them to just 9 points.

Your Defensive numbers in the regular season are enhanced by 5 games against terrible offenses. (CHI, NYG x 2, SF, and AZ) You also had three more games that are weak, a dumpster fire OAK team and two against a mess of a Cowboys squad that is as one dimensional as it gets. Against everyone else you gave up on average 25 PA. You relied on your offense to put up points to offset this. You played in the NFC East which for the past two seasons has been the softest conference in the NFC, despite media darling status. You also benefited from only playing just one (!) elite defense in the regular season. We all remember how that SEA game went. (And that was with Wentz.)

And don't tell me about 51 points on the Broncos. That defense was exposed this year as being a fraud, it isn't the same without Wade Phillips as the Coordinator. You were not the only team to expose them in the 2nd half of the season.

Your team has yet to truly have a Prove It win against a legitimate contending team. You beat the Falcons... who beat the Rams. A team you also beat. Well, you are going to get your chance on Sunday. The Vikings are battle tested and have taken the best of the NFC and emerged victorious. Our defense has performed against all manner of opponents and is better (and healthier) than the defense you faced in Seattle. Our offense, while not having the same pedigree as our defense has been more than serviceable this season showing balance between Run and Pass. The WR/TE group we bring is the most talented your defense has faced. In short, this is the most balanced team you've played.

I'm glad we are playing. All season I've said the Eagles have yet to prove it. On Sunday we are going to find out if you guys are for real.
C'mon now... you can only play who's in front of you. Minimalizing our efforts vs this team, while enhancing our efforts vs another... isn't fair. That's like me saying, you guys lost to the Panthers, who beat, which means....

No, it doesn't work that way, each weak it's situational.

What Eagles are holding our hats on is that you guys aren't the same team out of the dome. And in our house, like you at your own... we are even better.
We're 6-2 on the road.

Just horrible.
Your record isn't the point. I already know what your road record is. The point is your great D gives up a few more points a game, then they do at home.

Will you agree on that?

And since we are home, ours gives up less points.

That's what we are holding our hats on. Two evenly matched team... that the home field will make the difference. But, at the end of the day, our stars have to show up and play mistake-free football. We had two costly turnovers that lead to the only points Atlanta had. We can't afford do that again this week.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

dead_poet wrote:My biggest disappointment is hearing (repeatedly) how Vikings fans shouldn't wear team colors or fall victim to assault.

Sadly we too far gone past that.

WE honestly thought that when the previous stadium went down (The Vet ... you know the one with the jail inside of it) that the low brow fans wouldn't make the transition to the Linc cause its a fancier stadium with tickets that cost more money. This lasted all of like 3 games. Then the element returned. You have business professionals that transform into sub-humans at the game. The environment just kind of takes over.

There's nothing a great fan like myself can do about rowdy fans who will put their hands on you if things go south. Guys come in tanked from tailgating. If this was a regular season game, and you wore your colors you'd be fine. Stakes are higher now. Heed my advice, come to the game...root for your team, but don't even have purple shoelaces on. Those laces may be the only thing they find of you.