Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mawby
Practice Squad

Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by Mawby »

The Vikings fans and staff are highly underestimating my Eagles. This is mainly due to Foles being the starter. He's not Wentz, but he is more than a capable QB, and do not be surprised at how well he plays on Sunday. However, our running game is what will be the key. Jay Ajayi is a monster back, and will be tough for the Vikings D to stop, in coordination with our tight ends. Our D is #1 against the run so it will be on all on your QB.

As I stated. We like the underdog role. We heard the same thing all week before the Atlanta game and look what happened, and I truly believe Atlanta's offense is more explosive than the Vikings.

I'm born and raised and still reside in Philly. We are anticipating the Vikings arrival.

Overall, it will be a tough game, but do not be surprised to find your team on the losing end of this one.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I think a lot of fans are assuming Philly will roll over and let the Vikings have their way, but there is no way that is happening. This game worries me because of Philly's defense. Their OL Is good too, and we've struggled lately against even bad OLs. The one advantage we have is I think overall our defense is better. But not by much.
This will be a good game. If either team scores 20, i think that team will win.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mawby wrote:The Vikings fans and staff are highly underestimating my Eagles. This is mainly due to Foles being the starter. He's not Wentz, but he is more than a capable QB, and do not be surprised at how well he plays on Sunday. However, our running game is what will be the key. Jay Ajayi is a monster back, and will be tough for the Vikings D to stop, in coordination with our tight ends. Our D is #1 against the run so it will be on all on your QB.

As I stated. We like the underdog role. We heard the same thing all week before the Atlanta game and look what happened, and I truly believe Atlanta's offense is more explosive than the Vikings.

I'm born and raised and still reside in Philly. We are anticipating the Vikings arrival.

Overall, it will be a tough game, but do not be surprised to find your team on the losing end of this one.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
Welcome. First of all, I'm not sure how you figure our staff is underestimating the Eagles. Unless you have some insider knowledge that's made-up nonsense trying to fit into a preconceived narrative. So that goes out the window. I don't know about a lot of fans but I know I'm not underestimating them. They're here for a reason.

These are two very evenly-matched teams with "backup" quarterbacks at the helm. You have the advantage playing at home and outdoors and Keenum didn't exactly light the world on fire the last time he played in cold weather in Green Bay. Your defense is scary. But don't forget, so is ours.

You mention the Eagles "#1 rush defense." That's absolutely true and a total of 4 yards/game better than the #2 rush defense. Care to guess which team that might be?

Philly finished the season #17 in passing yards allowed/game. Who do you think was #2 in that category? Hint it's the same team that only allowed 13 total passing TDs all season (#1 in the league) and the same one referenced above.

Jay Ajayi is a "monster back"? He's racked up 155 rushing yards (0 rushing scores) combined over his last three games and is averaging less than 50 yards in the last six. Conversely, Latavius Murray has rushed for 230 yards (3 rushing scores) and averaging 66 yards/game. If Jay Ajayi is a "monster" then what is Murray? (Note: I do not believe Murray is anything special here as a runner and am more of an advocate for McKinnon, though I suspect he will only get a handful of touches). Ajayi is certainly not better than Mark Ingram, who we just stuffed to the tune of 10 carries for 25 yards (2.5 YPC). I suspect we're going to focus on the run and dare Foles to beat us. This season QBs that aren't destined for the Hall of Fame have fared poorly. Unless you think Foles is Canton-bound, expecting him to carry this game is ill-advised.

It will be largely a defensive game. Which defense can make the opposing offense's life more miserable and then perhaps capitalize off forced mistakes. I'm not under the guise that Case is going to have a particularly good day. He just needs to not have a terrible one. Foles can be serviceable, though he's been...uninspiring the last couple of games. I suspect Zimmer will do some things to confuse him and make his life difficult.

Your secondary is good (particularly your safeties). Ours is better, including our corners. Offensive lines are close, though I give the nod to yours. Defensive lines are close, and I'm particularly concerned about Cox taking over. Your TEs are really the only threat on offense I see (though we'll have to be mindful of Agholor).

Hopefully the weather and the refs are not much of a factor. This team has something special going. They're going to fight hard to Bring It Home to Minneapolis. Turnovers, Fletcher Cox and self-inflicted penalties are what I'm most worried about. Should be a good one.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

I'll just leave this right here....

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018 ... se_ke.html
From the Fjords of ValHalla
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

All I can say is there is zero chance Foles and the Eagles beat the Pats in the Super Bowl. There is a decent chance Keenum and the Vikings can. If the Eagles face the Pats they will lose by at least two touchdowns.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Mawby wrote:The Vikings fans and staff are highly underestimating my Eagles. This is mainly due to Foles being the starter. He's not Wentz, but he is more than a capable QB, and do not be surprised at how well he plays on Sunday. However, our running game is what will be the key. Jay Ajayi is a monster back, and will be tough for the Vikings D to stop, in coordination with our tight ends. Our D is #1 against the run so it will be on all on your QB.

I don't think we are ALL underestimating the Eagles. Go to the "3 point favorite" thread, and you'll see that I think it's a tossup game. Your offensive line vs our DL is your advantage, and our wide receivers vs. your DB's is the Vikes advantage IMHO - a wash. Case Keenum has had a whole season to settle into the Vikings offense, while Nick Foles is still getting his legs under him with Philly. That's the difference in the game. For me, that's balanced out by the Philly home field advantage. It's a tossup. I disagree with Las Vegas.

The only thing I see for sure (which I guess means it's guaranteed to be wrong) is that it will be low scoring. I can't see either offense scoring over 17 points (not including the defenses or special teams, of course).
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

You cant play the underdog crap here. You maybe could pull that cliche against atlanta, not against minnesota. Just stop, this team is essentially playing at this level with a third stringer, all year minus 2 games. Not very late in the season like philly. Bradford started week 1 and week 5, where he only played a half before he couldnt even walk. The rest was case,and bridgewater wasnt there til late in the season.

Every year some fanbase and team tries this. The ONLY team this applies to this year is the jags. If anything it applies to the vikings more than the eagles. Just stop
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

The Eagles fans and staff are highly underestimating my Vikings. This is mainly due to Keenum being the starter. He's not Bradford, but he is more than a capable QB, and do not be surprised at how well he plays on Sunday. However, our running game is what will be the key. Latavious Murray is a monster back, and will be tough for the Eagles D to stop, in coordination with our tight ends. Our D is #2 against the run so it will be on all on your QB.

As I stated. We like the underdog role. We heard the same thing all week before the Saints game and look what happened, and it's a fact the New Orleans offense is more explosive than the Eagles.

V-I-K-I-N-G-S VIKINGS!!!![/quote]
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

I got stuck in your city on a transatlantic flight home recently and NONE of the locals had ANY faith in their team this year: the airport transfer van driver, the bartender, the waitress, the hotel lobby worker, etc.. Everyone I spoke to said that they would lose to ATL. So don't come in here and make BS comments about "Vikings fans and staff" underestimating your team.

This is likely to be a low scoring, grinder of a game. We all know that.
CrunkDat
Practice Squad

Post by CrunkDat »

Neutral observer, but it's the 2 best defenses in the NFC facing one another. Could very well come down special teams and field position along with the Offense that makes the fewest mistakes. The thing that would worry me as a Vikes fan is Forbath in a tight game kicking outside on grass. He was with our Saints for a little while and I'm still trying to erase some of his kicks from my memory.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mike Zimmer's staff is underestimating the Eagles?

Dude, that's completely laughable. This isn't Mike Tomlin or Sean Payton. This is Mike Zimmer, the most no-nonsense coach in the NFL. He's all football, all business, all the time. He would never underestimate another team, and I can guarantee you, he would never allow anyone on his staff or his roster to underestimate anybody.

As for the fans, why do you care what we think?

Look, the vast majority of us are fully aware that we're unlikely to win this game easily. We all know that Philly can beat us. But we ALL believe we CAN win this game, and most of us believe we will. Would you expect anything less?

Think objectively for a moment about what we've been through. We went through absolute HELL last season -- a Super Bowl caliber roster losing Teddy to a horrific injury, losing lineman after lineman, even our coach enduring EIGHT eye surgeries. We've also undergone our share of difficulty this season, losing our starting QB, losing the league's leading rusher, and having rash of injuries along the O-line. But we're winning in spite of all those setbacks, in large part because of the adversity of 2016. This team has grown. It's tough as nails, resilient as a rubber band, and the most unselfish team I've ever seen. We've won 12 of our last 13, which is the best mark in the NFL over that span. We've beaten some great teams, too, not just the little sisters of the poor.

Most importantly, this team simply knows how to win. If you underestimate THAT, then you'll be surprised at how your team might just find ITSELF on the losing end of the game at home.

So yes, our fans are confident. Again I ask, can you blame us?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mawby wrote:The Vikings fans and staff are highly underestimating my Eagles.
Mike Zimmer: 'It's A Heck Of An Eagles Team'
“We watched the film of the Eagles. I think it gets them focused pretty quick. That game was Sunday. Today’s Wednesday, so we’re over that already. We’ve got a big task in front of us. It’s a heck of an Eagles team. They’ve got an outstanding defense, tops in the league in red zone touchdown percentage. I can go on and on and on about this team so I think they understand the task that we have at hand and the opportunity that we may have as well.

“Our team has been pretty smart about understanding the challenges we have ahead of us each week. We know how good Philadelphia is and we’re going to have to play very good to beat them so I don’t think that will be an issue. What happened last week, happened last week and now we move on.”
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

Being a Viking fan and living in NJ(fan since 1993).. I have been listening to Eagle sports talk radio since about week 8. It is 100% pure entertainment to listen to. The fans are so all over the place and the hosts push the callers buttons.

Looking at this game I see two great Defenses that will stop the run and put it on the Qbs. If we can protect Keenum we have better weapons on the outside. Also the Eagles secondary is not good especially if the front 7 can not get pressure on the QB. Look at what the Giants with no WR talent did to that secondary.

The whole underdog thing does not matter to one of those players on the field just like most Philly fans think the game against the Saints drained the Vikings energy for this game.

This is going to be one hell of a game if we do not turn the ball over and make our FGs I got a good feeling about this.
:smilevike:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The big advantage for the Eagles is in the trenches, which is very important. Their defensive line is better than the Vikings offensive line. (Watch the saints game and count plus blocks vs minus blocks for each player: Remmers -10, Reiff -3, Elflein -1, Berger +1, Hill +0). Having said that, the Vikings were pretty solid is pass protection. Most of the real blunders came in run blocking. I don't expect much of a running attack if we line up the same 5 guys, (though Morgan is an absolute star in the run game). Who would've thought we'd be missing Nick Easton so much!

Their OL and the Vikings DL are pretty evenly matched. Vikings will have to stop the run or they'll lose.

I think the vikings have the edge at every other position. Can they scheme to take advantage of that? Diggs and Thielen will be too much for Phillys CBs in man coverage, and McKinnon and Wright should feast if the eagles bring pressure in the pass game.

David Morgan is all around better than Kyle Rudolph, and I'd like to see them catch PHI off guard by sneaking him out in pass patterns. Could be a coming out party for David Morgan III, since they'll probably line up heavy a lot, as they did against NO.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

Maelstrom88 wrote:All I can say is there is zero chance Foles and the Eagles beat the Pats in the Super Bowl. There is a decent chance Keenum and the Vikings can. If the Eagles face the Pats they will lose by at least two touchdowns.
So in other words, you are saying that Jacksonville has no chance to beat the Pats?