Zimmer Effect

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Zimmer Effect

Post by Boon »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: And I would tell you there isn't an analyst in football who would agree with you, especially the out of position part. Many of them go out of their way to praise him for his positioning and awareness.

Andrew Sendejo has improved his game immensely. He's not somebody who stands out the way Harry Smith does, but he's a guy the Vikings really miss when he's out.
same analysts that defend dak prescott? same analysts that still put earl thomas over hitman?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Boon wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Boon wrote:I honestly think sendejo is completely overrated by way too many people. Every once in a blue he makes a splash play but he misses way too many tackles and is constantly out of position
And I would tell you there isn't an analyst in football who would agree with you, especially the out of position part. Many of them go out of their way to praise him for his positioning and awareness.

Andrew Sendejo has improved his game immensely. He's not somebody who stands out the way Harry Smith does, but he's a guy the Vikings really miss when he's out.
same analysts that defend dak prescott? same analysts that still put earl thomas over hitman?
Zimmer typicaly singles out Sandejo as one of the most improved players on the team. There was a comment made last season that when Zimmer first arrived he didn't think Sandejo would even make the team. 4 years later and Sandejo is cemented as a starter. Rather than hypothesize about some random sports journalist, is there an opinion that Zimmer and Spielmen are over-rating him? Take it a step further: Is there an opinion that Spielman and Zimmer are poor evaluators of the safety position?

Me... I think Sandejo is a testament to the abilities of Zimmer and his defensive staff to develop players.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Thought this was cool

https://twitter.com/NicholasJOlson/stat ... 50978?s=19
I love Zimmer.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014