Two hours to Change History for Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Two hours to Change History for Vikings

Post by jackal »

One hour Green Bay

One hour Chicago

One hour Divisional Round

One Hour NFC championship

One hour SuperBowl in Minnesota

Let’s hope this it... forty years of
missing the mark, one solution
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Five hours to Change History for Vikings

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Took me a sec...I'm thinking, "what, the first hour of those games most important or something? What's this guy talking about?" :lol:

60 mins for each game...gotchya!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Skol...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah the guys that lived through the 70’s
and beyond ... wow
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

jackal wrote:Yeah the guys that lived through the 70’s
and beyond ... wow
Appreciate the respect. I'm one of those guys.

Last night, I was re-watching Minnesota play Cleveland -- in the 1969 NFL Championship Game. God, I love YouTube. Metropolitan Stadium (we don't need no stinking Mall of America). Super-cold day, partially frozen field, snow pushed aside for the game. A youngish looking Bud Grant patrolling the Vikings' sideline (no heaters allowed, of course). Giant shoulder pads. Big ol' thigh and hip and knee pads. Bill Brown and Dave Osborn in the backfield. Two backs, two receivers, and one tight end ... every play. Nobody ever going in motion. Joe Kapp wearing that funny-looking Number 11, with the "1" and the "1" too far apart. Everybody in a 3-point stance ... even the wide receivers. Paul Krause holding for Fred Cox. The Vikings fight song being played live, by an actual marching band. Ray Scott on the call for CBS. What a voice, and an incredible ability to build tension -- that guy could make your palms sweat just by saying, "First and 10 Vikings at the Cleveland 48." Vikings burst out to a 17-0 first-quarter lead and coast to an easy 27-7 victory. Ah, the memories.

And then ... one week later they get their nutsacks cut off and handed to them by Kansas City in the Super Bowl. That was my first taste of what it meant to be a Vikings fan. There have been 8 other similar disappointments -- 3 more losses in the Super Bowls and 5 NFC Championship games. Plus the Hail Mary game. Plus the Cardinals game. Plus ...

... you get the picture.

I like it. Five hours to change everything.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

I'm certainly excited for the playoffs, but my thought is do you guys really think this years team is that good? Keenum is the MVP in my opinion, but I'm more concerned with how a different defense shows up at inopportune times. For us to even think about the Super Bowl that simply can't happen.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mosscarter wrote:I'm certainly excited for the playoffs, but my thought is do you guys really think this years team is that good? Keenum is the MVP in my opinion, but I'm more concerned with how a different defense shows up at inopportune times. For us to even think about the Super Bowl that simply can't happen.
The only thing that worries me are injuries and Case Keenum.

I don't know why. I keep waiting for Case to stumble if only because he's NEVER been this good. And he's never been put in the pressure type of situations he's going to be in the playoffs.

Defense can't have a off day. Can't beat ourselves (penalties, dropped passes, dropped INTs). Case has to be 2017 Case.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

My biggest concern is the penalties. It feels like we are having a lot more stupid penalties lately, especially the last two games.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

It's all a cause for worrying. We're Vikings. Until they actually win the SB, it will always be something that bites them in the arse on what otherwise should have been a Championship team. It's almost like, "what will it be this time."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PacificNorseWest wrote:It's all a cause for worrying. We're Vikings. Until they actually win the SB, it will always be something that bites them in the arse on what otherwise should have been a Championship team. It's almost like, "what will it be this time."
God ain't that the truth.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurplePeopleEater
Transition Player

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

The organization and its fans have been through hell and back. The team in its current iteration has faced so much adversity. I want it bad fellas. It's not about winning a football game. It's about vindicating my entire life and the lives of countless fans across the globe. We've done our time for murder. Just. One. Before. I. Die.
And the former Bear will go 99 yards
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I want them to win one for my dad. He's 71 and has been a fan since the beginning. He deserves this.
Just one time.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I want them to win one for my dad. He's 71 and has been a fan since the beginning. He deserves this.
Just one time.

:beerock:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

https://youtu.be/iZcpP4kQatA

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Honestly why wouldn’t we be good enough?

We can run the ball

We can stop the run

We can go deep when needed the best
Deep threat offense since 2009 with Farve.

Rhodes can shut down almost any wide out

Our defense has kept the best offenses in the
to one touchdown or none Atlanta (3 field
goals)